New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread XXII - Droids & iBerry's

Old 09-04-2011, 09:07 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi
Maybe an active co-chair would help ease the stress?
Doug is very type A.
Hands on and his way. There is minimal inclusion, delegation or involvement by me other than proofing the route, text, and hundreds and hundreds of miles of predrives.
It's his baby. He feeds it, diapers it, and has to live with it when it cries in the night.
...and to say he needs someone more active insults my efforts, which are all I'm tasked or allowed to do.
I nominate you to co-chair...
Have fun. JB
Old 09-04-2011, 10:05 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KNFR
Originally Posted by Tadashi' timestamp='1315140257' post='20942550
Doug is very type A.
Hands on and his way. There is minimal inclusion, delegation or involvement by me other than proofing the route, text, and hundreds and hundreds of miles of predrives.
It's his baby. He feeds it, diapers it, and has to live with it when it cries in the night.
...and to say he needs someone more active insults my efforts, which are all I'm tasked or allowed to do.
I nominate you to co-chair...
Have fun. JB
To me it seemed like she was telling him that he needs to delegate a lot more or in other words that he needs to be a lot less like you described above. I don't think anyone that has ever know you or met you would insult you for all that you do and have done. Certainly none of us can do as much as you do for Knapp, which may be the reason he picked you over someone else. Of course, this is only my opinion and I could be very wrong.

In any case I think its positive that is giving up Knapp. He will have even more time to dedicate to the community and to his other priorities.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:09 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

furthering my edumacation about American racing series. Watched the Indy Lights race in Baltimore and getting set to watch the Baltimore Grand Prix as well.

I was reading somewhere that Danica leaving for NASCAR is bound to strike a big blow to Indycar. I certainly hope not and I wish that they'd move to doing more road courses and welcoming more competition.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:13 AM

Doug puts on a great show. Tons of organizing that you and I can't imagine.
It's hard for sure and he's a hero for doing this.
He takes the pain. He takes the credit due.
Sorry, but I'm pretty touchy right now, a lot going on.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff is right, I'm too type A, it's all or nothing for me, and to be clear, and, I'm not sure if Jeff knows, but his help was huge and greatly appreciated, I think he underevaluates his contribution.

And for the record, I would take Jeff as co-chair again next year without a second thought!

I bet, if you were to ask Eric about his co-chair experience he would say, it was a couple ywars before he felt like he was making a big contribution. It takes me a while to learn how to give up stuff. The route we ran last year was mostly Eric's. He planned out a tentative route and like me, and like I saw Jeff do, we all have the same problem, we select awesome routes, but they are too long, and the hardest thing is to make them short enough to work, given the restrictions of fixed points and schedule. The route Eric envisioned needed a lot of work to make it work, but the overalll plan was his.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:14 PM

I sure hope it's dry tomorrow, if so, it's harvest time
The hops are ready, if not just past ready
Old 09-04-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tadashi
Big investment in your time for sure Doug which all of us who attend appreciate.
I hope someone is there to step in and work with you next year if indeed it will be your last...
Thanks, it's a labor of love, but really time consuming because I live so far away
A simple little 45-minute road test is 3 hours and 45 minutes bacause I have the 3-hour there and back part
Jeff was a great co-chair, I did not ask a lot of him this year, but he delivered and was reliable
It would just be so much easier if mileage was unlimited and schedule was open
Jeff had a great AM2 option, but he, just like me and Eric often make awesome route section that are just too many miles
It's just so frustrating being so limited with time/miles
Old 09-04-2011, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by S2KNFR
Sorry, but I'm pretty touchy right now, a lot going on.
I just wish there was something I could do to change the Divot situation, but that is out of my hands, and I can only imagine how full your plate must be right now, and if you can't come out to play on Friday I totally understand, and please believe me, don't let KSRT keep you from anything that may come up. I just don't want to think that KSRT is more stress on your shoulders right now!
Old 09-04-2011, 03:49 PM

Thanks for the kind words.
Tomorrow is my 30y anniversary, and I'm going to miss it.
I just hope my flight isn't delayed later this week as there is no way I'll miss knapp, especially with my old college roomates in attendance.
Dog is doing... better. He's had some appetite, and is a tough old pisser.
I'm weening him from pain pills as he can't walk when he's tanked on them.
He's living life nice on the bed. I let him up and the little dog felt left out.
Car is prepped and under cover, ready for Friday, rain or shine.
JB

Old 09-04-2011, 04:49 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

This weather is nuts. Someone captured a tornado today on 90 near Amsterdam. Skip to 5:30 and watch from there.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pWkmTVbqcA[/youtube]

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread XXII - Droids & iBerry's