New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread XXI

Old 05-31-2011, 09:36 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy
Why would you import a cat when there are soooo many of them at the shelters??

Ellen will be very upset if you send all the way to Hungary hungry instead of rescuing one.
Doh!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news, well sorta....

got under the S a bit and tried to turn the drive shaft. it turned and the axles turned too. so i grabbed the axles, snapped both of um. one was clicking and i knew i was gunna have to replace it soon. My guess is when i launched the car it broke the week axle and then sent all the power to the other one and broke it too
Old 05-31-2011, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's tons of hungry cats at the shelter - let me pick out a few and bring them to you Mark

I have put less miles on my S this year than any previous year for the time of year... even last year when I hurt my back I had more miles on the Berlina

The longer cold weather, the continued rain, and the lack of drives. I do enjoy driving the car alone but for some reason it's just so much more fun with a few others <heavy sigh>

The S is buried at the back of the driveway right now, filthy Supposed to have t storms tomorrow then be nice again Thursday and Friday. With the car show on Sunday I guess it will get some TLC Friday or Saturday
Old 05-31-2011, 10:54 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by riggit tony
We have been putting a lot of miles on the S this weekend. Took a bath in SPF 85 so I would not burn up. Did back roads to Scanandaga around the lake and to Lake George friday night.We hit Sacandaga at dusk the lake was like glass. Saturday tried to go back up after yard work and go thru Warrensburg out rte 28. Ended up turning back at Lake George because of lighting in the mountains. Sunday did part of the Rte 28 out to Indian lake and back. Had to be back for a party in Saratoga. Monday we went up thru Speculator and did the loop back to Lake George. All in all some nice smooth asphalt but not enough twisties.

This coming weekend I have to do a training seminar at the Tow truck convention in Lake George but after that we may run to Lake Placid and see what we can find.
Isn't Americade going on in Lake George this week?
Levi
Old 05-31-2011, 10:57 AM

Received 3,217 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi
There's tons of hungry cats at the shelter - let me pick out a few and bring them to you Mark

I have put less miles on my S this year than any previous year for the time of year... even last year when I hurt my back I had more miles on the Berlina

The longer cold weather, the continued rain, and the lack of drives. I do enjoy driving the car alone but for some reason it's just so much more fun with a few others <heavy sigh>

The S is buried at the back of the driveway right now, filthy Supposed to have t storms tomorrow then be nice again Thursday and Friday. With the car show on Sunday I guess it will get some TLC Friday or Saturday
Same for us, Ellen. The car spent most of May under cover. Either the weather was lousy or we've been too busy to take off. Each year we put less mileage on it. (I guess that's OK, it will last longer) Life gets in the way. We have averaged 6K the last couple of years, (first couple of years it was 11k, then 10K, then 9K) and we only did the 6K due to a road trip for our vacation/anniversary.

We are taking off in a few weeks, and we are looking forward to it. We are now at 58K on our '04. Rick is going to have all the fluids changed (again) before we take off.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak
hey did you get my email about adding another SS-Tshirt to the order? size medium?
I have not processed any of those yet, I'll get to them tomorrow
1st day back after a vacation day is always hell, and it's a short week, and I have Friday off so I'm buried
Old 05-31-2011, 11:15 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak' timestamp='1306861473' post='20634118
hey did you get my email about adding another SS-Tshirt to the order? size medium?
I have not processed any of those yet, I'll get to them tomorrow
1st day back after a vacation day is always hell, and it's a short week, and I have Friday off so I'm buried
excuses, excuses...we will see what you have to say once you get the Droid. There will be no more hiding from e-mail. On call 24/7

Old 05-31-2011, 11:27 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by zjbunch30

got under the S a bit and tried to turn the drive shaft. it turned and the axles turned too. so i grabbed the axles, snapped both of um. one was clicking and i knew i was gunna have to replace it soon. My guess is when i launched the car it broke the week axle and then sent all the power to the other one and broke it too
I just sold a pair of axles last night. If the deal falls through, I'll let you know.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:41 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Originally Posted by zjbunch30' timestamp='1306864434' post='20634307

I just sold a pair of axles last night. If the deal falls through, I'll let you know.

You got a parts car stowed away somewhere within the confines of the Cone Mansion?
Old 05-31-2011, 11:55 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Been running around like a chicken with its head cut off all day.

Going home and enjoying a or twelve.

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread XXI