New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread XXI

Old 05-23-2011, 04:44 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by Conedodger' timestamp='1306104728' post='20603314
2nd autocross with the F500 today. No rain for the 2nd time! Dropped from a 49.xxx to a 43.8. The 43.8 would have been FTD, but I snagged a cone in one of the slaloms. Starting to get the hang of things.
How's your seating position, seat, bars, shoulders?
Found a better setup or are you working through the pain?
Tried a different setup. Better, but not great. I may have to look into a "bagged seat." Basically, it is a trash bag filled with 2-part expanding foam that molds around you while you sit in the car.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:49 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by Conedodger' timestamp='1306030673' post='20601334
Cut the back yard, twice!
I ran home early on Friday, and was able to cut the lawn, but it was not easy, it was really long
Saturday after working on the VFR and getting back from the bike shop, I decided based upon the huge piles of dead grass I needed to cut the front yard again
I put the bagger on and cut it going in the opposite direction, sometimes it would only take 2 to 3 passes before the bag was full
Well, what started out at 11:00 ish as I'll clean up the front yard ended at about 2:45 when I had completed the entire yard
Based upon the gas I used I effectively cut the grass three times between Fri and Sat
But it was worth it, I have zero dead grass laying on the lawn
I cut the whole lawn Wednesday, the front 2x on Friday, the back 2x on Saturday, and the front again yesterday! There is still a large area I can't get the mower into. Must be knee deep. I've already used more than 10 gallons of gas this season!

One of my next door neighbors has been on vacation for two weeks. He has a mess to deal with when he gets home!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ I still have enough gas left for 1 or 2 cuttings left in my little 5-gallon gas can

Your neighbor is screwed!

The house 2-doors down from me was sold last year, the new owner was a bit of a deadbeat regarding her yard, weeks would go buy and it would not be cut, for no reason at all as far as the weather was concerned. All the neighbors in my little area were not happy! One night a pickup truck with a trailer filled with lawn equipment showed up, and spent less than an hour to do the entire yard, 2-guys, 2-big commercial mowers, and string trimming. We were all thrilled, she is finally going to take care of her property...

Well, come to find out, that was not a lawn crew she hired, it was the town, they sent the crew out because the property was deemed to be in neglect. The town charged her $350 for that service call, added it to her taxes. All I will say, is now she gets out there and cuts the grass, or has a service come.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Tried a different setup. Better, but not great. I may have to look into a "bagged seat." Basically, it is a trash bag filled with 2-part expanding foam that molds around you while you sit in the car.
Look into a bagged seat!
Protect your shoulders, you only have one set.
I don't want to read someday in the future "well I was going to ride this morning but my shoulders are too soar from last weekends autox".
Old 05-23-2011, 05:46 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Did anyone watch the Continental Tire Challenge Series race from VIR that was broadcast yesterday? Of course Billy Johnson and Jack Roush Jr. won in their class and one of the C360R Si's finished first in the ST class.

Race was marked by several caution periods and one crash (Porsche Boxster) in the lead was spectacular. Glad the driver walked away from the wreckage.

Anyways the reason I was bringing the whole thing up is because of the following:
A) There was a HONDA ACCORD COUPE running in ST class I think or maybe in GS(bigger cars)
B) Commentators said the C360 team will be getting the new Si's by the time they get to Mid-Ohio. Why fix what isn't broken
Old 05-23-2011, 05:48 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

oh! and , you have an e-mail.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:51 AM

I can't wait for the next person to put down Hyundai because their resale value is so much worse than Honda
Well, Hyundai is willing to put the money where other people's mouth is

Most impressive - http://www.hyundaiusa.com/assurance/...px?cmpid=16061
Old 05-23-2011, 07:55 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

My gamble did not pay off; it rained.

Gonna slink home for lunch with the top up
Old 05-23-2011, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by aashish2
B) Commentators said the C360 team will be getting the new Si's by the time they get to Mid-Ohio. Why fix what isn't broken
Well gee, that's because that 2.4 is so far superior...
Would be funnier than hell to see them drop like a rock in the standing with the new car.

I suspect there is a ton of pressure to use the new car, maybe even some money involved
I can't imagine Honda would be thrilled about people thinking the race has to be done by the old car because it is better

I did not see the race, I recorded F1 and watched that when I got home Sunday late afternoon
Old 05-23-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
My gamble did not pay off; it rained.
Gonna slink home for lunch with the top up
Yup, I drove the truck today because both cars are clean
I just knew it was going to rain
Tues and Wed look better though

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread XXI