New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread XXI

Old 05-19-2011, 08:47 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Are you speaking of the hatchery near Lake Clear?
No Levi, I was thinking of the fish hatchery near Crown Point. Of course we don't have to stop there if people don't wish to. I was thinking we would go past Penfield, but that's only 10 minutes from the exit, so probably too early to stop, then towards Crown Point (on Route 2 ???), then towards Ticonderoga along the lake, then back north on Route 7 towards Ensign Pond Rd (Moriah Corners?), then Ensign Pond if it is open, then North on Route 9, then Tracey Road, then towards Port Henry, then north along the Lake to Westport, then towards Essex, then east on 22 and 12 ?? towards Lewis, then back south on 9 towards E-Town, then to New Russia, then Symonds Hill towards the Lincoln Pond Road, then back towards Tracey Road and do it again in reverse, and back to Exit 31.

They only problem with this route is there is no real place to stop to eat. So maybe a divert to the Noonmark diner in Keene Valley. Or maybe a divert from Crown Point into Vermont and south to Middlebury where I'm sure we can find a place to eat. I took the free ferry into Vermont and wandered down to Middlebury this winter and was very impressed with the campus and the town. It might be cool to go there, then work north through Vermont to Charlotte and take the Ferry back to Essex.

As with past Solidarity drives, this may be a "seat of the pants" operation. My goal is to avoid traffic, so I plan to stay away from Lake Placid at all costs.
I'm sure those that can come will enjoy your route, as usual.
Levi
Old 05-19-2011, 08:52 AM

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi
Originally Posted by aashish2' timestamp='1305814671' post='20592185
Better get a break by the date of the Formula H show. First time ever the show is on a non-race weekend. If I can't clean the Si enough to be show-worthy I'll just show up to spectate and help.
Would love to have weather like the first year. I'm sure the Civic will be clean enough to show - I still plan to you however for not bringing the S
It's ok, let him bring the Si, then I will be the only S (maybe?)
Old 05-19-2011, 08:53 AM

Heard some depressing weather news today. A co-worker that reads the Farmer's Almanac said that they are saying for our area, we are only going to get....

SEVENTEEN days of sun this summer!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:58 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by NNY S2k
Originally Posted by blueosprey90' timestamp='1305816068' post='20592263
Are you speaking of the hatchery near Lake Clear?
No Levi, I was thinking of the fish hatchery near Crown Point. Of course we don't have to stop there if people don't wish to. I was thinking we would go past Penfield, but that's only 10 minutes from the exit, so probably too early to stop, then towards Crown Point (on Route 2 ???), then towards Ticonderoga along the lake, then back north on Route 7 towards Ensign Pond Rd (Moriah Corners?), then Ensign Pond if it is open, then North on Route 9, then Tracey Road, then towards Port Henry, then north along the Lake to Westport, then towards Essex, then east on 22 and 12 ?? towards Lewis, then back south on 9 towards E-Town, then to New Russia, then Symonds Hill towards the Lincoln Pond Road, then back towards Tracey Road and do it again in reverse, and back to Exit 31.

They only problem with this route is there is no real place to stop to eat. So maybe a divert to the Noonmark diner in Keene Valley. Or maybe a divert from Crown Point into Vermont and south to Middlebury where I'm sure we can find a place to eat. I took the free ferry into Vermont and wandered down to Middlebury this winter and was very impressed with the campus and the town. It might be cool to go there, then work north through Vermont to Charlotte and take the Ferry back to Essex.

As with past Solidarity drives, this may be a "seat of the pants" operation. My goal is to avoid traffic, so I plan to stay away from Lake Placid at all costs.
I'm sure those that can come will enjoy your route, as usual.
Levi
Can't miss this drive. Gotta make it 3 years in a row
Old 05-19-2011, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Upstate

Been crazy busy with work, and I agree with everyone's sentiments about the weather. Spring sports are a mess because none of the fields are usable

Oh, and I wanted to share this:

Old 05-19-2011, 09:26 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

^ funny and true...

BTW, have you guys seen this alert from the CDC yet??

Please be prepared. Upstate needs to stick together

Old 05-19-2011, 09:28 AM

Yup, very true...the 4 new phone books I get every year go right into the recycle bin.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:51 AM

Received 213 Likes on 184 Posts

I don't think the sump pump is the problem, with the sheer volume of water coming in (two 3-inch pipes emptying into the sump at about 50% volume), the water was gushing in. Not a trickle, I'm talking about the equivalent of 4 garden hoses running at once.

Sounds like my idea of a nightmare! Sorry you have so much trouble.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:08 AM

Received 213 Likes on 184 Posts

[/quote]

It's ok, let him bring the Si, then I will be the only S (maybe?)
[/quote]

Hey! I might come to Formula H too if I don't kill myself racing on Friday or Saturday.

Mark, if you come down and decide to make a weekend of it, I should be racing at Lime Rock on Saturday, June 4, until about 4:30 (at which time I'll need help loading the heap onto the trailer!) The only problem is that Lime Rock is in the middle of nowhere and not on any direct route. Probably best to take Mass Pike west almost all the way to New York (possibly last exit) to Route 7, then south on Route 7 maybe an hour, then 121 (I think) west a short 3 or 4 miles. The News Editor is my official timer, and part of my normal pit crew and posse, but he hasn't made any noises about coming this time. (I think I heard him whining about the lack of pay.)

Last year the VSCCA shared the track with the Jaguar Club and Historic Racing Group (HRG). Your buddy Mark was running his Corvette with the HRG. But I don't know if HRG will be there this year as well. You should be able to get in just by signing a waiver of liability.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:17 AM

I'll be on the Mohawk drive on the 4th...waaaaay North of Lime Rock.

Mark was a good instructor and I REALLY wanted to go for a ride in his Vette at WGI but the weather didn't cooperate.

Hope to see you and lots of other S2000's on the 4th *and* the 5th! What are the odds that we'll actually have an entire weekend of good weather?

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread XXI