New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread XXI

Old 05-19-2011, 02:42 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

It isn't a good sign when we have put more gas in the mower than in the S this year.
Levi
Old 05-19-2011, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by aashish2
I just took mine out for a drive as the roads were somewhat dry. Need to clean engine bay. After the last drive I can see sediments in a hitherto pristine engine compartment.

Jeff, how is the MG A faring? Levi - we need to get you down here to Albany for a drive sometime this season if you are up for it
Sounds good, I should have the time, we just need some decent weather for a change.
Levi
Old 05-19-2011, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Levi, congratulations on your retirement. I hope you have the best summer ever.

So this gives me the chance to plug the Solidarity Drive for Levi. This year's drive is scheduled for July 30. Probably starting from Northway Exit 28 (Route 74, Ticonderoga). Only for sure stop planned so far is the NY State Fish Hachery (subject to change if they let all the fish loose and we only have empty tanks to look at). Ensign Pond Road may be washed out as I write (a real tragedy!) but I'll do my best to have it rebuilt ASAP. (But why NYS would ever build that road to nowhere in the first place is a great mystery!)
The extreemly wet weather here has raised heck with a lot of roads around here, DOT will be busy for sure repairing them. Are you speaking of the hatchery near Lake Clear?
Levi
Old 05-19-2011, 03:44 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Pardon me for a moment whilst I channel my inner

F U MOTHER NATURE! I HOPE YOU GET RAPED BY A RABID GORILLA ON PCP!

There, I feel better now.

Basement flooded again last night. Torrential downpour that lasted for half an hour. Storm sewers full. Ground water table saturated. No place for the water to go. Sump pump couldn't keep up with it anymore. I was bailing out my basement window. Crack in the garage has enlarged, now water is pouring out of the crack rather than trickling out of it. New crack in basement room trickling water. Moat around front door and garage (and my front yard drains off to the street). Mulch washed out of rock garden near sidewalk. 2nd smaller swimming pool now in backyard. Water backed up in basin sink in basement.

Our street didn't flood, but plenty of others did. There is just nowhere for the water to go anymore.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:46 AM

Oh, and I haven't even run through one tank of fuel yet in the S, and I've had it back on the road for over a month now.

Saturday looks nice. Then we don't have sun in the forecast again for another week.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:52 AM

Per the Buffalo News:

This is already the wettest spring in Buffalo history and if we get the half-inch to three-quarters of an inch of rain they're predicting, we'll be well on our way to having the soggiest May. Wettest May occurred in 1892, when Buffalo got 7.35 inches of rain. And we've still got nearly two weeks to go.
I f'n hate spring.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NNY S2k
Will be leaving shortly for my last day at work. Going in today to turn in ID etc. and finish remaining paperwork at personel office. Retirement officially starts tomorrow.
Levi
WOW, CONGRATS!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 04:14 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry for your flooding Marc...
That's just awful.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by aashish2
If Mugen can do it, why can't Honda just go ahead and make it...
Old 05-19-2011, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by S2KNFR
3rd most wet spring on record...
4th snowiest winter...
ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH
I have only run 3-4 tanks of fuel through the S2K this year...
I'm just barely into my 2nd tank on the @, and still on last year's gas on the CRX-Si and have yet to turn a single mile on the VFR

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread XXI