New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread XXI

Old 05-17-2011, 06:03 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Nissan Leaf hot hatch

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPYmge92P0A&feature=player_embedded[/media]
Old 05-17-2011, 06:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aashish2
hmm...and nothing the authorities can do. Clearly there is enugh traffic there that gets into trouble. If there was someone analysing the data something would have been done.
There is plenty that they could do, however, I see it as a case of laziness and arrogance, the towns and the Sheriffs don't want to put in any extra effort.

Just last week I sent a note to the D&C reporter

THIS:
I wanted to reach out to you, and share some info, maybe there is a follow up story here

Your story - http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20110512/NEWS01/305120013/Police-ID-Avon-teen-killed-4-injured-Rush-crash?odyssey=nav|head

That accident on E. River Rd last night is very close to my home to the south.

There is also this story - http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...from-car-crash

That accident is farther away to the north, but it is still E. River Rd

There was an accident last year even closer to my house to the south than last night’s, that too was a crash that resulted in a burnt car and a dead body.

There was an accident a few years ago to the north, but not as far away as the April story, at the intersection of E. Rover Rd and 251 and a young man was killed, can’t remember the spelling of his name but his parents owned a flooring company, something like Truhart

There was an accident before that only 4 houses to the south of me, a little girl was hauled off in an ambulance, no death as I recall

And in the 9-years I have lived in the house, the utility pole 2 houses away from me has been replaced three times from cars crashing into it and breaking it off.

And last but not least, I have lost count how many times I have replaced my mailbox

Nobody seems to care, the cops look the other way and have never seriously tried to get the speeding down, the town continues to claim nothing is wrong and nobody has expressed any concern and is in denial over what is happening in their own town.

E. River Rd is a death trap, and nobody seems to care. How many more fatalities do we have to read about before someone steps up and does the right thing?

AND GOT THE FOLLOWING REPLY:
Thanks. This is an interesting and unfortunate pattern. It is something I will definitely be following up on. Can I get in touch with you if I have specific questions about the neighborhood?

I'm not so sure any additional investigative reportig will be done though......
Old 05-17-2011, 06:16 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by aashish2' timestamp='1305639562' post='20583892
hmm...and nothing the authorities can do. Clearly there is enugh traffic there that gets into trouble. If there was someone analysing the data something would have been done.
There is plenty that they could do, however, I see it as a case of laziness and arrogance, the towns and the Sheriffs don't want to put in any extra effort.

Just last week I sent a note to the D&C reporter

THIS:
I wanted to reach out to you, and share some info, maybe there is a follow up story here

Your story - http://www.democrata...dyssey=nav|head

That accident on E. River Rd last night is very close to my home to the south.

There is also this story - http://www.democrata...-from-car-crash

That accident is farther away to the north, but it is still E. River Rd

There was an accident last year even closer to my house to the south than last night’s, that too was a crash that resulted in a burnt car and a dead body.

There was an accident a few years ago to the north, but not as far away as the April story, at the intersection of E. Rover Rd and 251 and a young man was killed, can’t remember the spelling of his name but his parents owned a flooring company, something like Truhart

There was an accident before that only 4 houses to the south of me, a little girl was hauled off in an ambulance, no death as I recall

And in the 9-years I have lived in the house, the utility pole 2 houses away from me has been replaced three times from cars crashing into it and breaking it off.

And last but not least, I have lost count how many times I have replaced my mailbox

Nobody seems to care, the cops look the other way and have never seriously tried to get the speeding down, the town continues to claim nothing is wrong and nobody has expressed any concern and is in denial over what is happening in their own town.

E. River Rd is a death trap, and nobody seems to care. How many more fatalities do we have to read about before someone steps up and does the right thing?

AND GOT THE FOLLOWING REPLY:
Thanks. This is an interesting and unfortunate pattern. It is something I will definitely be following up on. Can I get in touch with you if I have specific questions about the neighborhood?

I'm not so sure any additional investigative reportig will be done though......
Perhaps you can start a grassroots movement with residents of the road to bring attention to the problem. I'm sure you are not the only one that is concerned with this.

A blog or a Facebook campaign will attract so much attention that the very same people who now look elsewhere will be going out of their way to appease you.

You can also post your past reporting of this issue. That news story you were featured on etc.

Give it a go , leverage the power of the internet.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:21 AM

I will not be online much tomorrow at all
Have to go to Syracuse for a press okay
Work will be paying me about $95 to drive there and back
And 180-miles is only about a half tank of gas, $3.92 x 11 gal = $43.12
Old 05-17-2011, 09:29 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Adrian Newey on Ayrton Senna's demise in Imola

A very touching read.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:46 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I'll be at Hancock Airport tomorrow too...
Old 05-17-2011, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
I miss stuff like that Making money to drive your own car FTW Have a good trip!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be here tomorrow - hopefully working Down to only two things on my to do list - one of them is crappy and I keep putting it off
Old 05-17-2011, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tadashi
Originally Posted by Triple-H' timestamp='1305652900' post='20584730
I miss stuff like that Making money to drive your own car FTW Have a good trip!
It's going to be a looooooong day though
Up at 4:30am, and I'll be very surprised if I'm home before 9:00pm
Old 05-17-2011, 12:41 PM

Slow day here today
I'm headed home
Another night hiding in the basement working on the saws

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread XXI