New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread XXI

Old 05-13-2011, 09:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great replies by Mark
I got nothing much more to add
I still just use my 0.5" socket wrench to remove lug nuts, and of course a good clicker type torgue wrench to put them back on
You would have to ask the garage about the filter, I suspect it all boils down to how much room is there, for me the CRX-Si was designed for one of the large diameter filters, your Si was not
Old 05-13-2011, 09:47 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
Originally Posted by aashish2' timestamp='1305308510' post='20572625
[quote name='jsenclosure' timestamp='1305307830' post='20572573']
Today is full of deals!
Just sold the nitrous kit for 450-, i paid 150-
Also got a guy on the hook for the single exhaust @ 300-, i paid 125-
And sold my chilicoke exhaust plug for 200-, i paid 80-
AND i sold another subwoofer box on my website this morning

I guess this is why i'm in engineering sales...

NOTE TO SELF: Never buy from Jake
NOTE TO SELF: Have Jake sell my stuff for me
[/quote]

^ good idea Crazy Marc. Wonder how much he will sell my AP1 wheels for
Old 05-13-2011, 09:55 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Great replies by Mark
I got nothing much more to add
I still just use my 0.5" socket wrench to remove lug nuts, and of course a good clicker type torgue wrench to put them back on
You would have to ask the garage about the filter, I suspect it all boils down to how much room is there, for me the CRX-Si was designed for one of the large diameter filters, your Si was not

Thanks Doug....do you know for sure the Si was not designed for a larger diameter filter? Next time I do an oil change on it, I will try the S2000 filter to see if it fits.

Reminds me, gotta replace the cabin filter in both cars too. Very easy to do on the Si, will have to see how hard it is on the S2000. Gotta thank Cone Mark for giving me that idea. I remember paying a lot of money for service that also included cabin filter replacement when I had my Accord.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:05 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Maybe with the crap weather this weekend I'll finally get motivated and pull the header off the S.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:07 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Has anyone heard the exhaust note on a CR? I was just reading the new CR forum and Honda's information says "A sport-tuned muffler adds to the vehicles heightened performance feel". It could very well be the exhaust mod I am seeking.

Looked it up on Bernardi parts and the set is $480 + shipping. From the schematic it appears you have to buy the whole thing versus just bying the mufflers. Wondering if this is a route I must explore or avoid
http://www.bernardiparts.com/SearchO...da-s2000-parts
Old 05-13-2011, 10:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aashish2
do you know for sure the Si was not designed for a larger diameter filter? Next time I do an oil change on it, I will try the S2000 filter to see if it fits.
It was my understanding Honda went to the universal filter like 5-years ago
Just ask the HOnda dealer, they will know
Old 05-13-2011, 10:12 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Has anyone heard the exhaust note on a CR? I was just reading the new CR forum and Honda's information says "A sport-tuned muffler adds to the vehicles heightened performance feel". It could very well be the exhaust mod I am seeking.
Didn't sound or look any different to me than stock AP2

If you want something just a tad more aggressive than stock, the Fujisubo Legalis is probably your best bet. I was ready to buy one, but when I heard it I knew I wanted something just a bit more aggressive.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:23 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by aashish2' timestamp='1305309348' post='20572688
do you know for sure the Si was not designed for a larger diameter filter? Next time I do an oil change on it, I will try the S2000 filter to see if it fits.
It was my understanding Honda went to the universal filter like 5-years ago
Just ask the HOnda dealer, they will know
Will do, thanks again.

feel like a dolt for not realzing that before

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
Didn't sound or look any different to me than stock AP2

If you want something just a tad more aggressive than stock, the Fujisubo Legalis is probably your best bet. I was ready to buy one, but when I heard it I knew I wanted something just a bit more aggressive.
I've been thinking for a little while now (more strongly than before) about an exhaust mod and the Fujitsobo and Invidia are on top of the list. However when I saw that the CR had a separate muffler, it got me thinking that maybe that was all I needed. Honda sells an HFP muffler for the Si (in addition to the exhaust) and the muffler lends a nice sharpness to the Si's exhaust note at lower revs. Kind of hoping the CR muffler would do the same. Maybe best to hold off and go for an after market down the line. Im in no rush.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you Cone Mark. PepBoys must hire you as brand ambassador

I will acquire those tools in due course.
Aashish. Just another opinion here. If your wheels are pristine and your lug nuts in nice shape you may want to stick to doing it by hand. Power tools can do some nasty scratching in short order. Myself I have Rays colored aluminum lug nuts so using power tools is a non option those lugs are expensive and no use mucking them all up just to save 5 minutes. YMMV.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:38 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy
Originally Posted by aashish2' timestamp='1305307595' post='20572558
Thank you Cone Mark. PepBoys must hire you as brand ambassador

I will acquire those tools in due course.
Aashish. Just another opinion here. If your wheels are pristine and your lug nuts in nice shape you may want to stick to doing it by hand. Power tools can do some nasty scratching in short order. Myself I have Rays colored aluminum lug nuts so using power tools is a non option those lugs are expensive and no use mucking them all up just to save 5 minutes. YMMV.
True, but in Aashish's case, it'll save him hours!

I have never tried them, but plastic lined sockets are available to prevent damage to the lug nuts.

Lined sockets

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread XXI