New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread XXI

Old 07-06-2011, 04:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KNFR
I'd rather replace a AMC Gremlin heater core than move...
Not if you had my living situation and had people keeping you awake every single night or you were paying 3 times more for heat than you should be, or if every time you heard a sound outside you had to worry about someone vandalizing your cars.

We had people setting off fire works over our house and cars again this year. I can't wait to GET OUT as Tom says.

It does not matter how much it will suck to physically move.

And for the record - S600 ain't no picnic either Makes you realize why Heat was an Option on this car
Old 07-06-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by jsenclosure
The greatest thing just happened! So I'm driving the S2k to work this morning and going down broadway i pass a cop sitting there on the side of the road, he's looking at my car, catches the plates and then beeps his horn and waves to me. That completely made my day
Awesome!
Old 07-06-2011, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Ok, so what is still screwed up/missing in my sig, anything???
Looks good to me Damn there are alot more posts to go thru! At least the wi fi is good here. Room is so so but for $60 a night "in season" it's not so bad
Old 07-06-2011, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by aashish2
It would. Lack of a keyboard is one reason why I have refrained from purchasing a tablet. If the Acer tablet is as good as they say it is, I can see myself purchasing one down the line.
Money is an issue for us (Tom wants one) AND the fact that most of them have to be "synced" to a "real computer" just like a phone.

I see little point in having a so called computer that has to talk to another real computer to function.

I love the idea of this though and I'm sure it works for some people, especially if you do not already have a fabulous portable computer like I do
Old 07-06-2011, 05:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tadashi
Originally Posted by Triple-H' timestamp='1309881318' post='20747617
Ok, so what is still screwed up/missing in my sig, anything???
Looks good to me Damn there are alot more posts to go thru! At least the wi fi is good here. Room is so so but for $60 a night "in season" it's not so bad
$60 is a great rate
I'm more than happy to have a very basic, but clean room for that price
I'm paying like $75 for my room during the festival which I think is a deal, and I really don't mind the drive there and back, it's only about 25-minutes and I love being right down on the lake, and I have a great little pizza parlor that delivers to my room.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aashish2' timestamp='1309886695' post='20747934
It would. Lack of a keyboard is one reason why I have refrained from purchasing a tablet. If the Acer tablet is as good as they say it is, I can see myself purchasing one down the line.
Money is an issue for us (Tom wants one) AND the fact that most of them have to be "synced" to a "real computer" just like a phone.
I see little point in having a so called computer that has to talk to another real computer to function.
I love the idea of this though and I'm sure it works for some people, especially if you do not already have a fabulous portable computer like I do
For me the tablet would be synced to my phone
I would be picking up a huge screen, 10.1" compared to the existing 3.75"
Old 07-06-2011, 06:03 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by jsenclosure' timestamp='1309870780' post='20747084
The greatest thing just happened! So I'm driving the S2k to work this morning and going down broadway i pass a cop sitting there on the side of the road, he's looking at my car, catches the plates and then beeps his horn and waves to me. That completely made my day
Awesome!

I missed seeing that. That plate did make me LOL
Old 07-06-2011, 06:05 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by aashish2' timestamp='1309886695' post='20747934

You dont have to sync it to a computer. Apple makes you do that as that is the only way to back things up. If someone made a tablet that could be connected to an external hard drive that would be cool.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:09 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

In late this morning. Had to make an emergency run to the dentist this morning. Chipped a tooth last night
Old 07-06-2011, 07:10 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Yet another bucket list item would be the Goodwood Festival. Pictures from The 2011 Goodwood Festival of Speed

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread XXI