New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread XXI

Old 07-03-2011, 03:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2KNFR
Super nice today.
Same here...
Sorry Ellen
Old 07-03-2011, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went to Naked Dove in Canandaigua, enjoying cold IPA
Old 07-03-2011, 05:09 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Got back home a little before 5 PM after two weeks traveling to the Dragon, and then onwards to Memphis via Atlanta and Birmingham AL. Will post pics up sometime tomorrow.

Glad to be back home especially seeing how much cooler it is up here as compared to down south
Old 07-03-2011, 05:11 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
I received a special request that the Solidarity Drive for Levi on July 30 take us here:

http://www.adkmuseum...anent_exhibits/

This is a world class museum. I like it so much, I'm a member. $18 admission unless we get 15 participants, in which case it will be $15.

Along the way, sea plane rides at Long Lake might be an option for those who don't like museums. But Nancy saw those planes -- and more importantly she got a glimpse of one of the pilots. So sea plane rides for me are probably verboten. Anyway, if we have 15 on the drive, I may spike the planes' engines so we can save the $3.

If we meet at Exit 30 on the Northway (rather than Exit 28 as originally planned) we can still get in Tracy Road and Ensign Pond Road to wake you up and get your blood flowing. But thereaftere, the roads will be pretty tame, although sparsely travelled.

Any Thoughts?

Keep in mind that I'm a "seat of the pants" operator. Although I love the Adirondack Museum, the only thing that will be cast in stone will be the start point. If we see a moose in Newcomb, all bets are off.
Your seat of the pants approach has not taken away in any part from all the fun and beautiful scenery we get to enjoy on the drive. Anything you plan is fine with me
Old 07-03-2011, 05:12 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by S2KNFR
4 hrs of partial property mow...
Great day.
More beer and bombs tomorrow
Drove past your neck of the woods and thought about taking a detour. Glad you are enjoying the weekend in style Jeff
Old 07-03-2011, 05:14 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Tadashi
Ah, Rick's a nice guy People in larger population areas are definitely less considerate.

Tom was blown away how nice people were in Middlebury, Vermont compared to what he's used to here in Middletown.

I can't wait to move "to the country"!!! 23 days and countin'

3 nights in Vermont - so only 20 more nights here

I told Tom I would buy him a CD of "city noises" to fall asleep listening to
People in Memphis are super nice too and they are quite a big city. My sister had a flat several years ago on what was then a rather desolate stretch of road. A passerby stopped and changed the tire on her car for her and refused to take any money.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:15 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Darwin strikes again!

Onondaga, N.Y. (AP) - Police say a motorcyclist who was participating in a protest ride against helmet laws in upstate New York has died after he went over the handlebars and hit his head on the pavement.

The accident happened Saturday afternoon in the town of Onondaga, in central New York near Syracuse.

State troopers tell The Post-Standard of Syracuse that 55-year-old Philip A. Contos of Parish, N.Y. was driving a 1983 Harley Davidson with a group of bikers who were protesting helmet laws by not wearing helmets.

Troopers said that Contos hit his brakes, the motorcycle fishtailed and went out of control and Contos went over the handlebars. He was pronounced dead at a local hospital.

Troopers said Contos would have likely survived if he had been wearing a helmet.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by aashish2
Got back home a little before 5 PM after two weeks traveling to the Dragon, and then onwards to Memphis via Atlanta and Birmingham AL. Will post pics up sometime tomorrow.

Glad to be back home especially seeing how much cooler it is up here as compared to down south
Welcome back!
Old 07-03-2011, 05:18 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Cone Mark - has the mailman delivered yet?
Old 07-03-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by aashish2
Cone Mark - has the mailman delivered yet?
Yes! Just found them sitting on the desk next to me. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread XXI