New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread XXI

Old 07-01-2011, 04:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pulled into a parking lot the other day and parked 3 rows away from the business door -- there were NO other cars in the lot...

Just as I turned off the key some guy in a nasty pickup truck pulls in and parks RIGHT next to me

I was tempted to move the S but decided to just sit in it until the driver came back.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:56 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Did you yell at him?
Old 07-01-2011, 05:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Originally Posted by Triple-H' timestamp='1309454996' post='20735315
Wow, this silly phone takes a decent pic, you were right Marc
I know you turned 50 last year, but G'ees, What a codge. You're supposed to park between the lines!
And don't give us any line that you parked that way to avoid door dings. It looks like you are on level 4 on Sunday when all the door dingers are in church.
Well guess what, you are wrong
Not only is it the 6th floor, but it is at work, and by 8:30 when most people are in the garage will be packed and I will have someone right next to me.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey
At least he's not hogging two spaces. When I see anyone parked in an odd manner, my first thought is that they are calling attention to themselves, and I hope a punk doesn't come by with a key.
The people who park close are all the other car guys at work, the spot next to me is my coworker who just bought the same truck I have, and directly across the street at the same level as my car is the office manager and we have a deal I give her fresh flowers and she watches my car.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:33 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi
I pulled into a parking lot the other day and parked 3 rows away from the business door -- there were NO other cars in the lot...

Just as I turned off the key some guy in a nasty pickup truck pulls in and parks RIGHT next to me

I was tempted to move the S but decided to just sit in it until the driver came back.
People can be very inconsiderate. Last week in NY we were at the pharmacy. A woman had been shopping, left the store and came back in looking distressed. She rattled off a license plate and asked if it was ours. It wasn't, and we were guessing maybe she had hit someone, but she said she could not get in her car. We headed out of the store and could not believe how close someone had parked to the drivers side of her vehicle. Twelve inches at best as there was only a few inches of room between the mirrors on the cars. The skinniest person in the world would not have been able to open the driver's side door and get in that car. Obviously the driver of the other vehicle didn't have a passenger in his car, and gave no regard as to how close he was to her car. Oh, and there were plenty of other spots in the parking lot too.

My +1 is a practical guy. He asked her if she wanted him to move the car. It was a small Hyundai not a lot of room in the vehicle to be sure. He got in the passenger side door, climbed over the seat into the driver's seat and moved the car back without incident. The woman was a large woman and mentioned she had a lot of arthritis; I'm sure there was no way she could have climbed in over the passenger seat. She was very appreciative of his gesture, which she called a "random act of kindness." She also told me he was a good man. I told her "I'm keeping him, but a few of my lady friends are lined up for him, if I kick the bucket first."
Old 07-01-2011, 09:23 AM

Ah, Rick's a nice guy People in larger population areas are definitely less considerate.

Tom was blown away how nice people were in Middlebury, Vermont compared to what he's used to here in Middletown.

I can't wait to move "to the country"!!! 23 days and countin'

3 nights in Vermont - so only 20 more nights here

I told Tom I would buy him a CD of "city noises" to fall asleep listening to
Old 07-01-2011, 09:55 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Old 07-01-2011, 12:06 PM

Wow, slow day there...
So strange to be adle to post from a little diner where I just ordered my fish fry.
Wonderful day for the VFR.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:30 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

It is usually this slow only on weekends or if the site is having problems. I've been busy mowing.
Levi
Old 07-01-2011, 02:16 PM

Just "done" work myself... enjoying a Mike's Hard Lemonade Dinner cooking. 3 more days of work until vacation.

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread XXI