New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread XXI

Old 06-27-2011, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
What do you do with your pot then?
Thank god I was not drinking anything when I read this
Old 06-27-2011, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak
not really complaining... but it has been super humid with little rain... so the days are pretty miserable. Rain is a good thing. Rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey, whiskey makes my girl feel a little frisky.
Unfortunately I know that song. Are you sure you don't want to move back to Upstate and go to concerts with Tom?
Old 06-27-2011, 09:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btw Doug, are you still looking for a BYS seat rail? if you ever want to buy it new, i know bulletproofautomotive sells them for like 350

Silly Gilly

Thanks man, I read that, sat back and thought for a second and decided I'm f'ing pissed at Phil of N1Concepts because he does not call back
So I googled Bulletproof, pulled up their page, p[ulled up their contact, picked up the phone and called, f' it
Spoke to a wonderful guy on the phone who confirmed they have one in stock, and I just placed the order
Done, thanks.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:04 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak' timestamp='1309196513' post='20723821
btw Doug, are you still looking for a BYS seat rail? if you ever want to buy it new, i know bulletproofautomotive sells them for like 350

Silly Gilly

Thanks man, I read that, sat back and thought for a second and decided I'm f'ing pissed at Phil of N1Concepts because he does not call back
So I googled Bulletproof, pulled up their page, p[ulled up their contact, picked up the phone and called, f' it
Spoke to a wonderful guy on the phone who confirmed they have one in stock, and I just placed the order
Done, thanks.
no problem

I also use evasivemotorsports, kingmotorsports, gruppe-s (although they have been a bit iffy on customer followup service lately..), gotuning and one other I can't remember the name of.

bulletproof also makes my dream hardtop:

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=6374

they take a spoon hardtop and modify it to have windows behind the driver and passenger windows.

Google is a good friend too.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Tadashi
Originally Posted by Triple-H' timestamp='1309181333' post='20722833
Hey Ellen, Check it out. See what Cone_Mark just got
[quote name='Conedodger' timestamp='1309179620' post='20722766']
AP2 version 3. The silver ones, not the CR color. Have OEM tires on them with 7k miles. (215 and 245)
I don't like either one of you anymore
[/quote]

But we still love you
Old 06-27-2011, 10:11 AM

no problem
I also use evasivemotorsports, kingmotorsports, gruppe-s (although they have been a bit iffy on customer followup service lately..), gotuning and one other I can't remember the name of.

they take a spoon hardtop and modify it to have windows behind the driver and passenger windows.
They also sell the Veilside I lust for
I love this rear wing
If I had more confidence in paint matching a Spa I would have this

Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak' timestamp='1309197841' post='20723945
no problem

They also sell the Veilside I lust for
I love this rear wing
If I had more confidence in paint matching a Spa I would have this

yeah i love veilside. They also sell the hood I want.. Top Secret. but no money for it, and i'd have to get that and a new bumper to go with it (from evasive... Voltex is making a new s2000 bumper that i'm IN LOVE WITH... functional as HELL (or hellafunctional) and looks AMAZING).

le sigh. first things are first... fix saturn. Buy rear toe arms for S, buy radiator, fan switch, thermo and radiator hoses for S. Then will be time for new rear tires (already time actually..)

All that and my college loan kicks in july 15th... 500 bucks a month down the drain
Old 06-27-2011, 10:17 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

absdynamics makes the veilside rear spoiler clone for like 130 bs the 440 for the veilside logo.
The reason it's a no-go for me was the double sided tape only install.
I'm a bolted on fan.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:02 AM

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Jeff eluded to this subject in the D&D thread and rather than go off-topic in there I thought I'd bring the question up here...

What does everyone think about buying up "spare" stuff for their S? If you are planning on keeping your S long-term, what items
would you buy and put away to have when Honda no longer makes them?

First thing that came to mind for me was floor mats...I have a red set and a black set and I'm considering buying a new red set
(since that is what the car came with originally) and putting them away.

I am even considering a set of AP2 V1 wheels since they seem to get trashed over time, even if you don't drive the S in the snow.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:06 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy
Jeff eluded to this subject in the D&D thread and rather than go off-topic in there I thought I'd bring the question up here...

What does everyone think about buying up "spare" stuff for their S? If you are planning on keeping your S long-term, what items
would you buy and put away to have when Honda no longer makes them?

First thing that came to mind for me was floor mats...I have a red set and a black set and I'm considering buying a new red set
(since that is what the car came with originally) and putting them away.

I am even considering a set of AP2 V1 wheels since they seem to get trashed over time, even if you don't drive the S in the snow.
I have a spare set of floor mats. Soft top and window seals seem like a good idea, but not sure if they can be kept in good shape during storage. (Seal in airtight black bag?) Wheels can always be refinished, so I'm not sure a spare set is necessary.

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread XXI