New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread XXI

Old 06-21-2011, 03:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Last year I moved up my work schedule and was leaving the house before 6:30 just so I could reduce the traffic I had to deal with, looks like I have no choice but do that again.
Left the house this morning at 6:22
Wow, I forgot how nice it is to drive into downtown with almost no traffic
Old 06-21-2011, 05:16 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
They could build a f'ing new bridge in the time they have had
Not sure if this applies to public works projects, but if it is anything like it is here at the University, it usually is easier to procure funds from the state for renovation of an existing structure rather than building a new one.

There is a building on South Campus that had been condemned for a few years. Well, rather than demolish it and build a new structure on that spot, they tore the building down to just the superstructure. They found a whole slew of structural problems, and it took months for them to fix it. The building is a year behind schedule, and so far, nearly everyone I've talked to involved with the project states that it would have been cheaper and faster to tear down the building and build new rather than fixing the existing structure.

I suspect it may be the same with your bridge.

Typical state intelligence.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Originally Posted by Triple-H' timestamp='1308599816' post='20701641
Where the heck has Aash been today?
What? Your not worried about me?

I'm working off site this week. No internet access.
Sheesh, me too. I was off all day yesterday. Ate something Sunday night that didn't agree with me

Feeling better today though.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy
He posted in some other thread, he apparently is at some kind of family gathering near the Dragon.
Edit: It was in the sightings sticky.
Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Yeah, Aashish is on a Road Trip.
Thanks
Old 06-21-2011, 06:29 AM

VFR and S2000 are stranded for a while. The Town of Sweden Highway Department is re-doing my road.
Highway Department will begin a reconstruction project on 6/13. Preliminary drainage work will be the first phase. Phase two will be recycling the existing pavement. The old pavement will be ground up, mixed with ground stone and asphalt, and reapplied. Phase three will be two layers of stone and oil.
Oh man, that sucks
I remember last year I was thrilled when I realized my road was being redone with blacktop and not tar and crushed stone
Old 06-21-2011, 06:32 AM

What? Your not worried about me?
Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
Sheesh, me too. I was off all day yesterday. Ate something Sunday night that didn't agree with me
To the Markcs -
Old 06-21-2011, 09:50 AM

Hey

Did you see I changed my preferred date for the D&D?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
Hey

Did you see I changed my preferred date for the D&D?
no...
Old 06-21-2011, 02:51 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Just got back to civilization. No cellphone and very weak wi-fi at Fontana Dam & Deals Gap.

Dragon is Appalachian autox. Definitely recommend that everyone must do it once. I could not believe how quickly the corners came up one after the other. Miles and miles of steering from opposite lock to opposite lock with very little respite. Everyone was well-behaved and yielded to faster vehicles which I thought was really cool except for one lone Harley guy.

It was great being in the middle of nowhere with no outside connection. Woke up at 5:00 AM yesterday and did two rounds on the Dragon while it was still foggy. I was the only car there. Went back later with JJ and the kids to do it again and they loved it. They appear to be proud and happy dragon slayers.

Stopped of at the Deals Gap store in the afternoon for stuff. Kids counted all the corners (both times). This AM took my niece and BIL to the BMW factory in Spartanburg and then a roundabout route to Chattanooga via a short-stop in ATL.

Finally have internet and cell phone access again

Cone Mark, please PM me your mailing address. I have what you asked for. Will ship it to you at some point in the next few days. Oh! and Si is performing like a champ
Old 06-21-2011, 02:54 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

No HT lock for me

Let me put it this way, I will install those the day I decide never to come to Knapp again.

BTW trying to talk my BIL into getting an S2. There is an apex blue CR for sale at a dealership close to where they live. Gotta talk him into test driving that as an M3 replacement although his heart is set on a 911. Also suggested CTS-V

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread XXI