New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread XXI

Old 06-13-2011, 02:27 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

The weather was pretty much the same here as in Montreal Sunday. I felt bad for the spectators that were outside.
Levi
Old 06-13-2011, 04:15 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by aashish2
If you did not watch this race live, then your DVR may not have recorded the whole event because of the 2 hour red flag. In the end it was totally worth it. Every one that scored in the points deserved it.
Figures...I set the DVR to run one hour late, not two.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:24 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

So while on a beer run yesterday (Harpoon Raspberry Hefeweizen and Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shutdown Ale), I saw quite a few more "fun" cars than usual.

The weather wasn't great, so I took the Frontier...I wasn't a part of all the nice cars.

On a 5 minute beer run, I saw:

Boxster S (fool had the top up though)
Carrera S
E90 M3
Lambo Murc
Z06

What gives? I never see that many nice cars on a nice day driving twice as far
Old 06-13-2011, 04:26 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm beat! I need a weekend to recuperate from my weekend!

Sunday: Dug out the concrete from the remains of my old deck posts. Leveled the ground in preparation for the new deck. Pressure washed the entire pool area. (This in addition to vacuuming out 325 lbs. of old sand from the filter and replacing it with new, and firing up the pool on Saturday.)
Old 06-13-2011, 04:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Re-broadcast is Tuesday on Speed
I too missed the race because of recording it and the rain delay
And I'm pissed at Speed, they spoiled the race for me when they cut into the Continental Tire coverage and showed who was on the F1 podium

LeMans was amazing, I admit, I watched almost all of it
The Audi crashes were damn scary!!!
The interview with Derek Bell was very telling, he simply said if that McNish accident had happened during his time, the driver would be dead, simple as that
For those of you who did not see, hold on...
And yes, spectators, photographers, and corner workers were all fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jnibRyrK-o
Old 06-13-2011, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turned out to be nicer yesterday than they forecast. My car was show cancelled as of 7 am, because it was raining. Tom got home about the same time and decided to take the day off from his outdoor job because of the rain (the garden center is really slow in that kind of weather).

Cleared up by noon and was nice the rest of the day. We went to the Strawberry Festival in Beacon. No strawberry shortcake - the 2 lines were each about 75 people long. No way I am gonna stand that long for something I can buy at Hannaford in less than 5 minutes

I did get to visit the booths of two animal rescue organizations who I follow on Facebook but have never been to in person and make a donation. Had dinner somewhere in Poughkeepsie which was really good although I can not remember the name - some brewery
Old 06-13-2011, 07:25 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
And I'm pissed at Speed, they spoiled the race for me when they cut into the Continental Tire coverage and showed who was on the F1 podium

The interview with Derek Bell was very telling, he simply said if that McNish accident had happened during his time, the driver would be dead, simple as that

Im not pissed at Speed. They ensured that we got full and proper coverage because the local Fox Channels had to cut away. However I must admit, I'd be if I were in your shoes.

Watched all of Le Mans as well. Thought it was unfair that the officials asked the Ferrari driver to sit out the race. He did not see McNish coming and even McNish admitted to that.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:15 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by aashish2
hmmm...probably not a good idea for cat people to make a video for e-harmony

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVajAc&feature=player_embedded[/media]

next button would be clicked there if i got matched with that... if i were on e-harmony.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:19 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jnibRyrK-o

if all you cared about were the winner... why record the entire race? why not just watch the ending to see who won?

your logic of speed spoiling the race for you is flawed. by recording the whole race (or attempting to at least) you show interest in the entire happenings (as i also assume you do because you are a track person). Yeah, so you already know who won, but i'm assuming that 95% of your enjoyment of watching motorsports is the race itself, then what does it matter if you know who won?

must be getting grumpy in old age.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak
next button would be clicked there if i got matched with that... if i were on e-harmony.
Wow, me too, she has too much baggage for me

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread XXI