New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread Vol. XXIII

Old 05-04-2017, 10:42 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

So after being on the fence and largely holding off on upgrades to the S2000, I've given in and ordered SPC ball joints and a Karcepts 0.250" swaybar for the S2000.

It all started at autocross last season. Jim Garry, a local SCCA member and three time national champion, attended the last event of the season in 2016. He asked if he could co-drive my car as his car had broken and I obliged. He was faster than me by a margin and over the off season recommended I attend the Evo school. He also lit the idea in me that one should prepare his car to be the fastest it can be whereas I always believed I wasn't enough driver for the car and holding off on changes until I got better.

At dinner with Cone Mark, after the first day of school we were talking swaybars and Mark recommended Karcepts. I decided I'd wait and see what kind of improvement I had from Evo school. Well I didn't improve by much position wise and as much as all my times were on a wet surface decided I'd atleast invest in a swaybar. Mark gave me a lot of info and also suggested I reach out to Brian Karwin of Karcepts.

Brian was very patient explaining the options I had for swaybars and also recommended I do the ball joints. Further Mark and he also suggested that I go with 63 offset wheel so I can run square 245s all around.

So now the parts arts have been ordered and as and when Jake can fit me in, I'm hoping to get the swaybar and ball joints installed. I'll run the swaybar on a soft setting and get the car aligned and run it as is until I wear out the RS3s I'm currently on. Once those tires are done, I plan to order a set of wheels and 245 tires which shouldn't require me to roll fenders.

Hopefully these changes will help my times and season standings in autocross.

The BRZ will likely stay as-is for the season until I am more used to driving it as hard as I drive the S2000. I have plans to use it and participate in the Northeast 86 Cup that EMRA runs. The plan is to do two events at Club Motorsports and Lime Rock in the fall.

when I started on here I never expected to be doing what I'm doing today. It's all thanks to the support and encouragement on here.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:50 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
So after being on the fence and largely holding off on upgrades to the S2000, I've given in and ordered SPC ball joints and a Karcepts 0.250" swaybar for the S2000.
I think you will be pleased with these upgrades and a proper alignment.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2

It all started at autocross last season. Jim Garry, a local SCCA member and three time national champion, attended the last event of the season in 2016. He asked if he could co-drive my car as his car had broken and I obliged. He was faster than me by a margin and over the off season recommended I attend the Evo school. He also lit the idea in me that one should prepare his car to be the fastest it can be whereas I always believed I wasn't enough driver for the car and holding off on changes until I got better.

At dinner with Cone Mark, after the first day of school we were talking swaybars and Mark recommended Karcepts. I decided I'd wait and see what kind of improvement I had from Evo school. Well I didn't improve by much position wise and as much as all my times were on a wet surface decided I'd atleast invest in a swaybar. Mark gave me a lot of info and also suggested I reach out to Brian Karwin of Karcepts.

Brian was very patient explaining the options I had for swaybars and also recommended I do the ball joints. Further Mark and he also suggested that I go with 63 offset wheel so I can run square 245s all around.

So now the parts arts have been ordered and as and when Jake can fit me in, I'm hoping to get the swaybar and ball joints installed. I'll run the swaybar on a soft setting and get the car aligned and run it as is until I wear out the RS3s I'm currently on. Once those tires are done, I plan to order a set of wheels and 245 tires which shouldn't require me to roll fenders.

Hopefully these changes will help my times and season standings in autocross.

The BRZ will likely stay as-is for the season until I am more used to driving it as hard as I drive the S2000. I have plans to use it and participate in the Northeast 86 Cup that EMRA runs. The plan is to do two events at Club Motorsports and Lime Rock in the fall.

when I started on here I never expected to be doing what I'm doing today. It's all thanks to the support and encouragement on here.
The mod bug has begun That being said the karcepts bar looks solid. It makes my whiteline bar look so primitive and basic lol. I also like the adjustability of the bar. That combined with the ball joints and more camber and you'll be able to really get the car turned. And thank you for letting me know the ball joints were on sale, just ordered a set
Old 05-05-2017, 03:43 AM
Community Organizer
Community OrganizerMember (Premium)

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

x2, good price on the ball joints
Old 05-05-2017, 03:52 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

McLaren looking to hire a gamer

Formula 1: McLaren-Honda looking for gamer to become simulator driver - BBC Sport
Old 05-08-2017, 01:46 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

You've probably seen the car before, but at least I haven't seen this video before. VFR engine sounds great!

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/n4yzv4q/
Old 05-08-2017, 02:14 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Conedodger
You've probably seen the car before, but at least I haven't seen this video before. VFR engine sounds great!

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/n4yzv4q/
i saw links for the article but never had the time to watch it or read. Thanks for sharing. Bookmarked
Old 05-11-2017, 07:46 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Porsche just built the millionth 911 in a very special livery. With those numbers I wonder why I don't see them as often as the Miata's

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2

Old 05-11-2017, 01:33 PM

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

that car is absolutely beautiful in that dark green.

Reminds of the '66 I test drove on '72 when dark green was a common color for 911s
Old 05-11-2017, 02:39 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I love 911s. I think the 991 gen are some the best looking cars around. I'd have a GT3 RS over a 488.

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread Vol. XXIII