New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread Vol. XXIII

Old 02-01-2017, 08:51 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
woah! That's a lot of miles. At around 84K miles I think my civic has many years of service yet to come. Sometimes I think this car will outlast my interest in it.

I was talking to a co-worker who replaced his civic with another. Turns out he had put 186k miles on it before he traded it in.
My 2010 Civic has just under 50K miles on it. If I retire next year as planned, the miles will stay low.

We are trying to decide what to do with my wife's car. She has a 2005 TSX with 150K miles on it that looks and drives like a 3-year old car. Hondas are almost indestructible.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:14 AM

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

My mother had a civic and was broadsided by a teenager that ran a stop sign, totalled the car but she was ok.

She just got another civic. She really likes them.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:44 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
My 2010 Civic has just under 50K miles on it. If I retire next year as planned, the miles will stay low.

We are trying to decide what to do with my wife's car. She has a 2005 TSX with 150K miles on it that looks and drives like a 3-year old car. Hondas are almost indestructible.
I don't want to jinx myself but this Civic has been by far THE most reliable car we've ever owned. I put on a minimum of 140 miles per day during the work week. As far as I know still original spark plugs! Planning on retiring also next year and picking up a 6cyl Accord coupe at that point for a daily driver.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:11 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Guys, I barely come here anymore as the site has been so buggy and slow with ads everywhere, it's just unworkable...
Old 02-01-2017, 10:29 AM

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry to hear that Jeff, we miss your humor and wisdom here.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:55 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Bugsy
Guys, I barely come here anymore as the site has been so buggy and slow with ads everywhere, it's just unworkable...

Keep checking in as and when you can JB. The sites gotten better since the upgrade but there are still issues. Hopefully they'll workout the kinks in time for the next upgrade.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:25 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Bugsy
Firefox and Ad Block+ works for me. I haven't seen ads on S2KI in years.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:39 PM

Received 212 Likes on 183 Posts

Disgruntled Publicus has been complaining about that too.

Oh MY Lord! What I don't have to listen to about the issues on this site and on Facebook! And on top of that, fears that all those intrusive pop ups and videos carry some malignant virus or malware disease.

So he had me all signed up and my credit card out to purchase a license from AdGuard.

All was a Go! until referred to legal (me). The contract is governed by the laws of the Russian Federation and any dispute must be resolved by arbitration in Moscow. It's OK for me, but there's a religious travel ban on Disgruntled in Iran. And as you all know, the cheapest cargo flight to Moscow is via Iran, Syria and then with a short stop in Uzbekistan for maintenance, and then on to the final destination. Disgruntled is trying to make sure he can get a visa from Iran before we spring for the program. He's sure to have a dispute! For now we suffer the insulting barrage of advertising and pop up videos.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:00 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Disgruntled Publicus has been complaining about that too.

Oh MY Lord! What I don't have to listen to about the issues on this site and on Facebook! And on top of that, fears that all those intrusive pop ups and videos carry some malignant virus or malware disease.

So he had me all signed up and my credit card out to purchase a license from AdGuard.

All was a Go! until referred to legal (me). The contract is governed by the laws of the Russian Federation and any dispute must be resolved by arbitration in Moscow. It's OK for me, but there's a religious travel ban on Disgruntled in Iran. And as you all know, the cheapest cargo flight to Moscow is via Iran, Syria and then with a short stop in Uzbekistan for maintenance, and then on to the final destination. Disgruntled is trying to make sure he can get a visa from Iran before we spring for the program. He's sure to have a dispute! For now we suffer the insulting barrage of advertising and pop up videos.

I think Disguntled would get along famously with the Ayatollah
Old 02-01-2017, 03:51 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Ad Block works for me..
Me too.
Levi

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread Vol. XXIII