New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread Vol. XXIII

Old 07-05-2018, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to go on the ride. Do you have any more details on what time it will start and the length of the ride?
Old 07-05-2018, 09:24 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Cotishi
I would love to go on the ride. Do you have any more details on what time it will start and the length of the ride?
I’m assuming you mean the Levi Drive that is next Saturday

here is the thread for that drive:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/new-york...urday-1185416/

always a great time and good roads. You should go
Old 07-06-2018, 05:05 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

The new Toyota Supra will be revealed at Goodwood next week. What’s even bigger is that it will run in the Nascar xfinity series

https://jalopnik.com/holy-crap-the-t...car-1827376542

Old 07-06-2018, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw that yesterday. It should be one hell of a car, although some are doubting as to whether or not it will include a manual transmission. I am expecting to see a $35k or more price tag too. I think Toyota is starting to get serious about their brand again.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:39 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Cotishi
I saw that yesterday. It should be one hell of a car, although some are doubting as to whether or not it will include a manual transmission. I am expecting to see a $35k or more price tag too. I think Toyota is starting to get serious about their brand again.
I feel it’ll be closer to 40k for the base model and then go up from there. The GT86 with all options touches $30k iirc therefore I think this will be higher
Old 07-09-2018, 10:32 AM

Received 213 Likes on 184 Posts

How do you move three cars to upstate with two drivers?

So I'm forced to take the S2000 out of storage and drive it this week. Then the Levi Drive, then Watkins Glen, then to Saratoga where I expect it to be abused by the doctor. I'm forced to trade for my tow vehicle, because I then go to Tamworth to race the MGA at the end of next week.

My other big, big news is that I was finally able to accidentally fix the "no oil" false alarm on my outboard motor. So the boat is semi-officially ready for summer.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:44 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Just buy the good doctor a gift certificate for a detailing business. That way she can have the car detailed before she hands it back to your care.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:17 AM
Community Organizer
Community OrganizerMember (Premium)

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by shiv
With my crazy upcoming weekend I believe this will be the only opportunity I have to construct a well thought out post. This coming Monday will be my final day as a New York State resident. After a very long time of trying to separate from the mothership and strike out on my own, at last my opportunity has come and I will be relocating to Dallas, TX. Biggest change for me in my life, and at first I nearly sold the S2K, not fully knowing if I would be able to keep it or afford storage costs. But rest assured, I will be taking the monster with me and will be resuming my racing aspirations. As much as I am looking forward to this new chapter, I am left with amazing memories from the many people I have been blessed to meet on this forum.

Both I and my car have come a long way from when I originally bought the car and joined this forum. And as much as I had a vision for the car when I first bought it, I attribute the cars evolution as well as my improvement as a driver to the members of the Upstate community. As I become more interested and compelled to compete with the s2k, Greg has been like a combination of Jackie Stewart and Obi-Wan Kenobi to me in terms of guidance, inspiration, car setup, and straight up yelling at me in the pouring rain at Watkins Glen after the repave to "hit his rear bumper!". And when my car was feeling its age, and in need of an upgrade to improve track capability, Jake and Semir were there to swap clutches, flywheels, transmissions, and generally make sure the car would stay together when I drove it the way I do. And damn did they wrench like monsters. Chef's constant charm at WGI and baller status was always enjoyed, and man that dude's vision of the s2k is wildly awesome. Throughout the years, whether the event was at Watkins Glen or at Palmer, the humor and wisdom of the Blue Osprey never evaded me. Especially at the last WGI event where I was exposed to the full intellect of the Osprey. However as influential and important as all these gentlemen have been, there has been one person that initially introduced me, and compelled me into this lifestyle (and still continues to do so). And this is none other than the legend himself, Mr. A2. Aashish first got in touch with me after my first track day at Watkins on my own, where I limped the car home with a blown motor. From that point to this very day, we are in constant communication. The man continues to encourage me on a daily basis and inspire new confidence. He truly is the Swami of racing.

As much as I will miss our Upstate community, I do not intend on being a stranger. Rather, I look forward to sharing my adventures in this new region. And while I may not make the WGI event this year, rest assured I will be making them in years to come. Saying Thank You doesn't seem enough, and this most certainly is not Goodbye. So instead I'll say "VTEC on and Prosper".
We will miss you Shiv, good luck going forward and i hope to see you when you come back to visit
Old 07-14-2018, 02:17 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Heard that someone had a pile of S2000 parts for sale in the neighborhood, so I show up at the address and ring the door bell and this guy came up from behind, caught me unawares and scared the hell out of me :P

I’m guessing it’s a slow day at the track, when Greg is home and doing chores around the house.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:16 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

You want parts you say.....well you have come to the right place fella.

Step right up and we will set you up with some specialty race parts.

This custom race bumper is a direct fit for a 2001 NFR S2000. Once installed you can sign up and race in the Super Tour Under class.
Free Safe Racer sticker included.

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread Vol. XXIII