New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations

Old 04-10-2011, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak
Thanks for thinking the top looks good
I think it looks awful and you should give it to me
Old 04-10-2011, 04:05 AM

Love the Cars stuff! Added the date to iCal, I can't wait for the movie
Old 04-10-2011, 04:06 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi
Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak' timestamp='1302404503' post='20448891
Bernardi Honda has it on sale for $714. I will get that once my top is a complete mess.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:45 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak' timestamp='1302404503' post='20448891

i love being blue cubed!
Old 04-10-2011, 02:13 PM

Just watching IndyCar, and loving the shots of the S2000s going around the track!!! I did a little dance when the Suzuka went by
Old 04-10-2011, 02:23 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Just watching IndyCar, and loving the shots of the S2000s going around the track!!! I did a little dance when the Suzuka went by
Is today Mid-Ohio? I've always wanted to see IRL on that course. Watched Grand-Am for an hour before moving on to other errands. I'm in love with Barber motorsports park. If I ever move back South, I'll try to stay in the vicinity of that track.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Originally Posted by Triple-H' timestamp='1302292987' post='20445522
That video clip went over my head
Not a Python fan?
Yes I am, but it did not click somehow
Old 04-11-2011, 03:44 AM

Gilly-
Love the top and the gold wheels
Old 04-11-2011, 04:04 AM

What a weekend...
Fri-
. Got the plates on the CRX-Si and it down on the ground, battery in and fired up
Sat-
. Took the CRX-Si out for a little drive to breakfast and right back home
. Raked stones out of front yard for 3.5 hours, I would love to know where the snow plow guy lives...
. Bought some top soil and repaired the ruts in my front yard left by the asswipe who skidded into it this winter
. Finished the stump removal and all clean up of the old Lilac bush that fell over this winter
. Went to the garden store and bought a Walking Stick bush and planted it to fill in the general area where the Lilac was
. Got the mover out, changed the oil and air filter, fired it up and gut the grass around the hops
. Weeded and cleaned up around the hops, I have 12 just starting to poke up through the soil
. Started making a plan for how to revise my trellis structure this year, the design for the ropes the vines grow up needs revising
. Made a yummy dinner on the grille
. Watched F1 Quali
Sun-
. Spent the day doing much the same at Mom's house
• Wondered through the hardware store shopping for ideas on how to change the hop rope design
. Got the extension ladder back to my house
. Removed all the old trellis ropes
• Watched F1 Race

Harry Lauder Walking Stick- first a summer pic, then a winter pic

The biggest one I could find was about 3' tall, but they grow to 10' tall and 10' wide, it will be perfect, I can't wait to watch this thing grow, such a cool and unusual bush, and I love the fact that it will be interesting in the winter as it is part of my front yard
Old 04-11-2011, 04:05 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Well, I'm not a terribly happy camper when it comes to the DMV and my insurance company.

I got the sneaking feeling friday that my registration had expired on the S back in March. I'd not received any renewal notice in the mail from the DMV, and so when I got home, I took the cover off to check the registration sticker.

Sure enough, it expired in late March.

Now, I'm a bit worried that this means my custom plate might now be available for the taking. So I decided I'd call my insurance company and get the S on the road, since I was going to go down to the DMV anyway.

Saturday morning rolls around. I call my insurance company to put the S back on the road, and they email me my insurance cards to print out and take to the DMV. Of course, my printer is out of ink, so I have to go out and buy more for it before I can print out the insurance cards. I get back, print them out, then hop back in the truck to head out to the DMV.

I get there and the place is MOBBED. I have seen the DMV packed before, but not like this. Anyway, I wait in line for over an hour, I get up front and tell them I want to put the car back on the road. The attendant checks the proof of insurance, and my dumbass insurance company PUT THE WRONG DATE ON THE INSURANCE CARDS, so I wasn't going to get it back on the road. I was so frustrated at this point I just stormed out of the place, got back home and just decided to get all my negative energy going into working on the backyard.

So, now I sit here with an expired registration (the DMV should have sent me a renewal notice - I had my address changed on the vehicles when I went there to store the plates in the fall), and I was pretty peeved at having a couple of nice days and the S just sitting in the garage.

The DMV and my insurance company can suck it.

Quick Reply: UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations