New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations

Old 04-08-2011, 05:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
Oh, and my other personal favorite, blind spot warning indicators.
Maybe if manufacturers weren't building cars with such huge blind spots in the first place...
you and your blind spots

Please, take it from me, for the health of your own heart, please, stay away from a CR-Z
Old 04-08-2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
I'm free next weekend. There are a lot of things I want to do with the S, and an extra set of hands would help.
I was thinking more along the lines of AFTER you got all that other chit done

I can't make any plans yet, I have to concentrate on the Triple-H Plantation
I have to resolve how I'm going to secure the bottom ends of the vine carrier ropes, and I have to do it fast
Last night I was out weeding around the hops and the ground is starting to explode with shoots
As soon as the temps come up these things are going to fly out of the ground and I have to have ropes set for them to crawl up

I bought a bunch of these last night, but I'm not sure they are going to do the job in my sandy soil

I'm now thinking I need to get and cut some pressure treated boards to run from post to post on the trellis about 2" off the ground and then tie the ropes from wood to wood.

Bottom line, my hands are full, and the hops have to come first because they will not wait for me to get ready.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:18 AM
Community Organizer
Community OrganizerMember (Premium)

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Doing an oil change this weekend. What brand oil do you guys prefer to run in the S and how much oil does the F20c take?

Thanks

EDIT: Dealers really piss me off, they think that just because i own a honda s2000 i don't care to throw my money away or something. I call up lia honda because it's closest to my work, ask if they have a filter in stock and the guy tells me 17.98. I tell him okay and hang up, thinking that sounds kind of high i jump on majestic honda and look it up, LIST price is 11.68, where the hell do these guys get off? Just reminds me of when i called around for prices on bumpers and these jackoffs told me 450 or 500 when list price is 340-, what the hell. Enought with my rant
Old 04-08-2011, 06:34 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jsenclosure
Doing an oil change this weekend. What brand oil do you guys prefer to run in the S and how much oil does the F20c take?

Thanks

EDIT: Dealers really piss me off, they think that just because i own a honda s2000 i don't care to throw my money away or something. I call up lia honda because it's closest to my work, ask if they have a filter in stock and the guy tells me 17.98. I tell him okay and hang up, thinking that sounds kind of high i jump on majestic honda and look it up, LIST price is 11.68, where the hell do these guys get off? Just reminds me of when i called around for prices on bumpers and these jackoffs told me 450 or 500 when list price is 340-, what the hell. Enought with my rant
F20c takes between 5 and 6 quarts. I put 5 in, run it for a few minutes, shut it off, wait a couple of minutes, and then add oil to bring it to the top. I used Mobil 1 for several years, recently switched to Pennzoil (better price).

HandA has a six pack of filters for $45.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am finally, after 10 months, almost ready for an oil change in the Civic (I now have 4600 miles). I think with the nice weather now, I might be able to push it off to June before I hit 5000 miles.

I have never ever owned a car before that I did not do at least 2 or 3 oil changes a year on! The only reason I might do it sooner is that I bought a cargo net last year and would like to get it installed... installation requires a drill, which I do not have.

I thought I had an S cargo net in this house too but can't find it... probably hidden in the same place as my radar detector
Old 04-08-2011, 07:40 AM

Typical greedy dealer...
Old 04-08-2011, 07:58 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

I love driving my S right now... but i still need an alignment and the car is very loose because of it. I had to take it from the shop the past week so I could break in my clutch properly before the dragon. I'm currnly 300 miles into my 500 mile break in. but HEAVY stop and go traffic accounts for 80% of those 300 miles.

I want my car to be back to operating condition
Old 04-08-2011, 07:59 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

Thanks

I just put in Motul, I'll let you know how it is after you are done with your oil change
Old 04-08-2011, 07:59 AM

I'm more excited to take out the CRX-Si than I am the S2000
Old 04-08-2011, 08:33 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Thanks

Saratoga Honda has the oil filter selling for $13.30

Avoid LIA Honda. They installed the wrong sized oil filter on Eldrid's car. Also gave him a ton of grief over soft-top replacement. Go Keeler or Saratoga

Quick Reply: UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations