New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations

Old 03-24-2011, 11:28 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by jsenclosure
Got a guy coming over tonight to buy (well hopefully buy) my race quad. Say hello to taking my s2k to the body shop and getting it painted! Soo close to done i can feel it. Just need to paint/finish the cage first
Following your progress Jake. Good luck. Cant wait to see the finished version
Old 03-24-2011, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aashish2
You not notice Articles next to where it says Forums? Haven't you added S2KI on FB? Home Page updates get pushed out to FB.
Did not realize Articles meant Home Now I noes I will click there

I do Like S2ki on FB but the only thing I see usually (lately) is "site will be down" blah blah.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:35 AM

I can't remember if I posted this already

John (who bought Tadashi) bought a set of visor cover plaques... which prompted me to wonder how many S have had a set, had them removed by the someone upon sale/trade and then had another set put on?!

He also wanted to let me know that he was moving and losing his garage BUT he was planning to buy a good cover for the car so it will be in good condition when I buy it back from him
Old 03-24-2011, 11:53 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi
Originally Posted by aashish2' timestamp='1300994186' post='20393387
You not notice Articles next to where it says Forums? Haven't you added S2KI on FB? Home Page updates get pushed out to FB.
Did not realize Articles meant Home Now I noes I will click there

I do Like S2ki on FB but the only thing I see usually (lately) is "site will be down" blah blah.
yeah! I guess the new template calls it articles. I personally like "Home" myself as that is consistent with regular web design. Maybe cthree will find the time to change it someday.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jsenclosure
Got a guy coming over tonight to buy (well hopefully buy) my race quad. Say hello to taking my s2k to the body shop and getting it painted! Soo close to done i can feel it. Just need to paint/finish the cage first
Good luck!

Kind of funny, the money I made from selling my '85 Nighthawk 650 is being turned around and spent to fix up a few rust spots on my '90 CRX-Si

One toy just helping out another
Old 03-24-2011, 12:27 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

In on page 2.
Levi
Old 03-24-2011, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Kind of funny, the money I made from selling my '85 Nighthawk 650 is being turned around and spent to fix up a few rust spots on my '90 CRX-Si
One toy just helping out another
My Prelude sale paid a good sized chunk of the Suzuka down payment
Old 03-24-2011, 12:56 PM

I'm on kitty feed and clean duty tonight. I prefer mornings when I have energy (ie Coffee) but maybe I can get the slacker to go over with me after dinner.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tadashi
I can't remember if I posted this already
John (who bought Tadashi) bought a set of visor cover plaques... which prompted me to wonder how many S have had a set, had them removed by the someone upon sale/trade and then had another set put on?!
I'm still holding out for a Canadian parts car so the visors are totally stickerless....
Old 03-24-2011, 04:07 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Big news for you Gran Turismo fans...

Chris Morton, former Upstate member and Finger Lakes autocrosser, is 1 of 16 finalists in this year's GT Academy! (Ranked 6 out of the 16.)

"The top 16 will now prepare for a trip to England for the next phase of GT Academy, to be held at the Silverstone racing circuit in the U.K. this summer. Participants will join an intense, week-long racing camp where they will be judged by an expert panel of racing professionals, rating each competitor’s skills, performance, and overall aptitude for the requirements of a professional racer. The person who is judged to have the most natural talent and potential to succeed as a professional race car driver will be crowned as the first GT Academy winner in the U.S. After that, he will start down the grueling path to train, obtain a racing license, and make his big debut behind the wheel in a major endurance race."

Front row, on the right.

GT Academy top 16

Quick Reply: UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations