New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations

Old 03-29-2011, 04:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Off to Petsmart to feed and clean cats. Need an IV for coffee this morning
Old 03-29-2011, 04:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I WISH THEY WOULD FIX THE F'ING GALLEY ALREADY
I CAN'T POST A PIC, OR GET THEM TO COME UP ANY BIGGER THAN A POSTAGE STAMP SIZE
UPGRADE MY ASSS

Old 03-29-2011, 04:49 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
the worst rolling checkpoint I have ever been through, just south of Geneva on Rt 14, just after an Indy race at The Glen let out.
Notorious spot. That is where I got my last speeding ticket. On my way to an Indy race. Had been going 50mph behind a bunch of slow pokes. Made use of the first passing zone with a right lane for slow traffic. Cop was sitting at the end of the passing zone and clocked me for 63mph as I was pulling back in. I was pissed. Obvious trap.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Originally Posted by Triple-H' timestamp='1301401238' post='20406593
the worst rolling checkpoint I have ever been through, just south of Geneva on Rt 14, just after an Indy race at The Glen let out.
Notorious spot. That is where I got my last speeding ticket. On my way to an Indy race. Had been going 50mph behind a bunch of slow pokes. Made use of the first passing zone with a right lane for slow traffic. Cop was sitting at the end of the passing zone and clocked me for 63mph as I was pulling back in. I was pissed. Obvious trap.
Because I make this trip at least once a month, I have learned, people can poohoo cruise control all they want, but when I clear Geneva or Watkins Glen I dial up 61-mph, set the cruise, and don't touch it unless I have to slow down. I have wondered through more speed traps on that section of 14, at 61mph, than I can even begin to count.

Nowadays, when I leave the track after a race event I take 16, 21, 23, 114, 96, 87, 54, 54A, 76, 74, 53, 21, 33, 40, 15, 37, 65, Monroe, 15A, and 251
Old 03-29-2011, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
Random story: Saturday morning I was on my way home from Home Depot buying supplies for the house projects. I am stopped at a red light, and I see it turn green, but I didn't enter the intersection as I saw a car coming in my periphery that certainly wasn't going to stop and would run the red light. Sure enough, the car did, and I got a good look at it.

An Amherst patrol car.

I'm a little peeved, so I'm following the cop up to the next light. The cop stops at the light, turns on his lights, and drives through the red light, and immediately shuts them off. What a d-bag. If I'd tried any of that crap, you know who would be getting a ticket.
How about all the cops driving while using a mobile phone.
do as I say not as I do
Old 03-29-2011, 05:39 AM

Cone_Mark
Don't miss this - https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/853...#entry20406777
Old 03-29-2011, 07:24 AM

Received 213 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by markpenske
Hi All,
Anyone watch the TV show American Pickers? During last nights show they were driving down a country road and they passed 3 S2000 parked on the side of the road.
I watched it for a bit last night. They were in California buying motorcycle engines and art. Didn't see any S 2000's. But then again, I started late and then fell asleep before the show was over.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:43 AM

Received 3,216 Likes on 1,863 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi
Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo' timestamp='1301397863' post='20406507
I run a front plate, even though I absolutely abhor the look of it for two reasons:

1) I (like you) have paid extra for two vanity plates. Why not display both of them? I could understand not displaying the front plate if you had a boring, run-of-the-mill one. But since you have a special plate, why not show it?

2) I don't want to give Johnny Law a reason to pull me over. Even though the front plate ticket is a "fix it", what happens if you get the ticket in some far-off township? Do you really want to spend the time and money to drive all the way back out to show that it was corrected?

Run the front plate.
Those are pretty much exactly my thoughts on this If I get sick of looking at the plate on the front, I can always get another set of bumper plugs... at $12 a pair, they are a mod even I can afford

Also on the lookout for some key hole plugs -- any suggestions as to the best ones to buy? I know there are several on the market now. The ones Zippy Dave gave me for the Berlina were great... I just don't remember where he got them.
We've never had the front plate on the car. It's in the trunk where it belongs. Easy enough to show the officer, and explain we took it off for a car show and forgot to put it back on.

+1 has been stopped a few times in our state, no mention at all that there was no front plate on the car.

Ellen we gave away door plugs at the Nor'Easter in '06. You probably had them on Tadashi. Cubby bought some kind of plastic plugs at Home Depot, took a dremmel to the stub part of them, and then used touch up paint to paint them. Cheap mod if you do it yourself.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:42 AM

Yup, I had door plugs on the Silverstone and then Dave gave me some for the Berlina. Poor Suzuka has none

This will be the first time I have had a cool plate that went with my car. I liked my Tadashi plate but green on silver - yuck!

I'm torn on the plate! I am going to have the body shop leave the holes so they can be used... try with a plate for awhile and see how it goes I will probably end up taking it off for Knapp and all the photos that take place there.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:44 AM

Ah life... just to show me that I have made yet another bad decision, one of my cats is sick and going to the vet shortly. Can't imagine the bill is going to be less than $200.

I swear I have not put any fun money on my credit card since 2008... it's been all chiropractor, doctor, dentist, and vet bills

Quick Reply: UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations