New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations

Old 05-01-2011, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like fun Mark!

We've been ALL over today including a trip back to Burlington for.... Tom to go shoe shopping

Nice time visiting with my mom for about 4 hours, going to eat at 7, nice little "cafe" right here in the hotel.

Looks like we may be coming back up to visit in July. Tom loves it here. It sure is peaceful compared to Middletown
Old 05-01-2011, 02:20 PM

Oh and I got to park next to the other blue Fit and take pictures
Old 05-02-2011, 04:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to send out this email this morning...

Bob, (Modifry)

My 2002 S2000 came out of storage, the battery went in, everything works just perfect, except the redline warning beeper, again...

What do I try now to fix it?

Last year after you sent me the new control unit I hooked it up and it worked perfect all summer long, I never had a single problem with it and my confidence that I could rely on it was back.

Nothing was done to my car during storage, it just sat in my garage without a battery, in the cold.

I have about 75-miles on the car this year and after my drive on Saturday I have had to pull the fuse to turn the unit off. I am just so very, very frustrated, again. I love this unit and hate not having it work.

Keep in mind I only have the warning beeper setup, I do not like the valet mode function and have none of that wired up to my cruise control switches. The only thing I have this for is the redline warning system.

HERE IS WHAT'S GOING ON
- Turn the car on, no problems, car starts, beeper is quiet

- Run up through the revs and the beeper goes off as programmed, no problem, just beeps when it is supposed to

- Then, randomly, as I'm just driving along, hanging out in some gear that has me between 3,000 and 3,500 rpms the warning beeper goes off, the tone is constant, it is not a beep, it is a constant locked on scream, I try raising or lowering the rpms and the beeper is still just screaming away

- If I pull over and shut the car off, and restart it the beeper sometimes comes right back on again as a constant, non-stop scream, and other times it is off

- The only other characteristic I have found is when it goes off randomly, and is stuck on, and I run the revs up to where the beeper should just beep, nothing changes, it is still locked onto a constant screaming beep

Please, give me a suggestion. What on earth can I try to fix this?
I don't understand what the hell is going on.
Two years in a row now while my car is in storage, no battery and no mice
When I drop the battery back in and go for a drive the redline warning beeper that had worked perfectly in the fall, is now malfunctioning
Very, very, very frustrating
Last year Bob just replaced my unit, I bet he does not do that again
this just sucks
Old 05-02-2011, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Conedodger
First autocross in the new car today. Had some teething problems...
I took 3 seconds off from my first to last run, and I was still learning a lot on that last run.
I'm bruised on both my shoulders from the roll bar, and have a slight fiberglass rash on my elbow from the unfinished surface on the inside of the body work.
Sorry to hear of the teething problems, but was happy to read you guys were able to make all your runs, kinda lucky
Remember, sure it is competittion, but really, you are competing against yourself, and a 3-second improvement is great, good job, you'll catch up to the others, but for now, just keep competing against yourself
I posted about this in the pic thread, as soon as I saw your seating position I knew your shoulders were in trouble!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:16 AM

It takes awhile to feel comfortable autocrossing.
Some of us NEVER get comfortable with the cones
Maybe I'm just retarded, but unless the course is drawn out with lime/powder I can't compete
No matter how much I walk the damn thing I can never remember where I'm going
20-years of track driving and my eyes are up, and all I can see is a sea of cones
I love autox at BIMP, which is a mini track, I can see where I am and where I'm going, and am usually fighting for FTD
And I remember a few autox events years ago in the CRX-Si at MCC when we limed the course, and I was something like 0.03 second away from the FTD
Old 05-02-2011, 04:20 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
I posted about this in the pic thread, as soon as I saw your seating position I knew your shoulders were in trouble!
I knew that I was going to have an issue with it. My but is sitting on the actual seat, so I can't go lower. The foam insert I made maintains the same angle as the original seat, but puts me too close to the bars. The only option I see is to lay back farther, which doesn't appeal to me. The problem is that I have to sit so much farther forward than the owner to reach the pedals. The bars clear his shoulders by an inch or two. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do about it.

Anybody have some platform shoes from the 80s in their closet?
Old 05-02-2011, 04:22 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm the same way...I just can't seem to wrap my head around the courses that are just cones.

Probably why I have zero creativity, my mind just isn't able to visualize things that well.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:23 AM

I'm with you on that. Why I have not come up with the next "Facebook" or "Amazon" web site idea
Old 05-02-2011, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H' timestamp='1304338250' post='20528204
I knew that I was going to have an issue with it. My but is sitting on the actual seat, so I can't go lower. The foam insert I made maintains the same angle as the original seat, but puts me too close to the bars. The only option I see is to lay back farther, which doesn't appeal to me. The problem is that I have to sit so much farther forward than the owner to reach the pedals. The bars clear his shoulders by an inch or two. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do about it.
I agree, the laying back more would be a real challenge to get used to.
You joke about platform shoes, but how about a simple quick connect design for the pedals so you can add "blocks" to them for your runs, and quickly pull them for the owner's runs?
Old 05-02-2011, 04:35 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by Conedodger' timestamp='1304338818' post='20528225
[quote name='Triple-H' timestamp='1304338250' post='20528204']
I agree, the laying back more would be a real challenge to get used to.
You joke about platform shoes, but how about a simple quick connect design for the pedals so you can add "blocks" to them for your runs, and quickly pull them for the owner's runs?
[/quote]
I've thought about that some, but the nose would have to come off the car to get at the pedals. There is no way you can reach them through the cockpit.

Quick Reply: UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations