New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations

Old 04-28-2011, 04:01 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

What's up with Neutered?
And being that I'm not a Knapp participant, should I be offended?
Old 04-28-2011, 04:05 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
What's up with Neutered?
Some one neg repped his posts to the point where he had a -5. He posted about that in the reputation thread, following which he deleted his post and created that locked thread. I responded and told him that everyone likes him and he must not worry about what a troll thinks. But he is upset it appears with the upgrade and the behavior of certain individuals (trolls).

I plan on sending him an email later today. Would help if someone else sent him one too. We can't keep bleeding members away like this
Old 04-28-2011, 04:08 AM

Figured something like that was up. I wasn't offended. I knew it wasn't aimed at me.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:10 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Hey Crazy
Check it out
The guy who parks next to me got a new vehicle
Did he get a 6-speed?
Old 04-28-2011, 04:12 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by aashish2
Originally Posted by Conedodger' timestamp='1303992069' post='20516209
What's up with Neutered?
Some one neg repped his posts to the point where he had a -5. He posted about that in the reputation thread, following which he deleted his post and created that locked thread.
This is why this whole reputation thing is a bad idea.

It was an unnecessary addition, and now we've lost the knowledge of someone who has torn down their S and knows a lot of things most other members don't know, just because someone was neg rep happy.

Still missing the old s2ki...
Old 04-28-2011, 05:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To clarify:

1) Mark, it certainly was not aimed at you. I thought you were a Knapp participant this year, forgot you wouldn't be able to make it. See you in '12

2) I just sent Doug a longish PM explaining my thread and my departure. To cut to the chase:

I have one of the most modified S2000s in NY, probably even the US, and I did most of the modding myself (there are a few pieces I'm working on right now that I needed professional/skilled help with). And that's with quality parts after many, many, MANY hours of research (I work 12hr shifts at night, not much else to do some nights).

That knowledge was, when I joined S2KI, valued above all else.

The Rep system doesn't care about whether someone is factually correct, only if they don't offend anyone. And, well, I'm not one to hold back when I see incorrect information, shoddy work, dangerous and/or useless modifications.

Thus, I leave this site to become the next B20/Hondatech where the people with knowledge are nowhere to be found and people who don't know their ass from an engine mount will pump each other's rep meters up.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:29 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Sad.
I know what you are feeling John...
Old 04-28-2011, 05:35 AM

I miss the Fiat forum I used to belong to. The average age was probably 45-50. Much more mature crowd. Everyone got along great and respected each other for what they brought to the group. That is probably why I spend 95% of my time in Upstate, 4% in vintage, and 1% in the rest of the S2KI forums.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:36 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Neutered Sputniks
That knowledge was, when I joined S2KI, valued above all else.

The Rep system doesn't care about whether someone is factually correct, only if they don't offend anyone. And, well, I'm not one to hold back when I see incorrect information, shoddy work, dangerous and/or useless modifications.

Thus, I leave this site to become the next B20/Hondatech where the people with knowledge are nowhere to be found and people who don't know their ass from an engine mount will pump each other's rep meters up.
That knowledge is still valued John as is your helpful advice. Im sure I speak for everyone that has known and met you guys.

Please consider staying. Can't leave the site because of trolls and assholes and their ugly ways.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:38 AM
Community Organizer
Community OrganizerMember (Premium)

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Does anyone make a colling plate the same shape as the password jdm to where it covers the contour of the front fenders?

Quick Reply: UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations