New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations

Old 04-23-2011, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Aashish is having a track day tomorrow at Lime Rock!

LIME ROCK MICROCLIMATE FORECAST: Rain, Heavy at times!

Wish him luck!
I could definitely kick your butt in the rain Aashish Even in the Fit

Thanks for the well wishes about my friend. She's in NH so we don't ever see each other.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:32 AM

We have such a busy day planned for tomorrow that Tom and I exchanged easter baskets today... Yes I know Tom is over 40 but he's still pretty much a little kid

In my basket along with the chocolate bunny, were maple cream "eggs" and Suzuka blue Peeps
Old 04-23-2011, 03:25 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Got fitted to the race car today. Made up a seat insert. Have to wrap it in fiberglass tomorrow. Can't wait for next weekend!
Old 04-23-2011, 07:52 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi
I could definitely kick your butt in the rain Aashish Even in the Fit
yep! you would

3rd consecutive track event with rain. Heavy and all day. First session was totally under a yellow flag and got stuck behind a slow moving vehicle. After that second session was slow too. Then the speed picked up in the 3rd and 4th sessions.

No video or pictorial footage. Jeff did take some pictures and I'm sure he will share them as and when he gets a chance. GoPro failed on me. I thought I'd charged it fully last night turned the camera on and went out for a run session. Once I was back I realized it had turned off. Turned it on again to see the battery indicator flashing.

Loved Lime Rock. IMO, It is physically demanding as the corners come up one after the other real fast before your muscles have had a chance to rest. I'm going to give it another shot if possible this season and I hope that someday they have a two-day school.

Got back home around 6ish after going out with Jeff to grab a beer and then went out to a friends.

Thanks to Jeff for coming. He was a constant source of advice, encouragement and fine conversation on a rainy day. Needles to say he was my pitcrew of one & official race photographer.

Michael, my instructor, although a dyed-in-the-wool BMW CCA member, was positive and encouraging. He had me try several different lines during one session, but for the most part he had me take the dry line and asked me to stay off the puddles. Most instructors never ran their cars because of the rain and my instructors E30 M3 was in for repairs. It was an interesting day for sure and I'm glad it rained.

BTW, as I was driving to LRP this AM, it was snowing in the Spencertown/Austerlitz area.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:53 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Got fitted to the race car today. Made up a seat insert. Have to wrap it in fiberglass tomorrow. Can't wait for next weekend!
Good luck Mark. We need a pic of you in the car once you have the seat completed
Old 04-24-2011, 02:15 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

I'm glad you enjoyed your rainy day Aashish.
Levi
Old 04-24-2011, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Cool Looking forward to pics!
Old 04-24-2011, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by aashish2
Loved Lime Rock. IMO, It is physically demanding as the corners come up one after the other real fast before your muscles have had a chance to rest. I'm going to give it another shot if possible this season and I hope that someday they have a two-day school.
You would probably like NH as well... 1.6 miles, 11 turns, longest straight=1/4 mile
It POURED my first track day, my feet were wet for 10 straight hours, and everyone passed me... I still had fun
Old 04-24-2011, 04:57 AM

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Since I can't get anyone to go to WGI with me. I have been considering doing a day or two at NHIS.

If anyone ends up doing this with a club that doesn't require a rollbar, let me know and I will most
likely join you!
Old 04-24-2011, 07:12 AM

Ah NH I loved it. The S does well there - you will kick alot of butt - especially now. My stock S kept up with a G40 for most of the track. Lots of short straights, many turns

Quick Reply: UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations