New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations

Old 04-22-2011, 04:33 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
I have just the following to say later tonight:

Let's Go Buffalo!

and

Puck Filly!
Ice Hockey?
Old 04-22-2011, 04:41 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Yep, Buffalo Sabres.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a 30,000 mile service done on the Fit yesterday... trans fluid change, air and cabin filters, completely check over front to back, fluids, belts, service brakes (remove and clean/sand/deglaze/repack - made a big difference in feel), a bunch of other things that I can not remember.

And they found a service bulletin for "gurgling coolant" noise from dash - both Fits I drove did that so I thought it was normal Apparently there's a fix... hopefully it's NOT using coolant, but the caps were sometimes a tad deformed, and could become loose allowing air in and coolant to escape which causes the gurgling... they run bled the system, topped up coolant and now we wait to see if the noise returns.

THIS is EXACTLY why I wanted the car thru Formula H before it goes to the dealer (tuesday) for the two recalls! I can only imagine how much they would have quoted me to fix this problem!!! It was only $40 at FH for coolant and labor...

And holy cow - after driving the Insight yesterday, my Fit feels like an S2000 for power
Old 04-22-2011, 06:33 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by aashish2
Hey! Cone Mark. Think you'll like the paint scheme on this Kizashi

Suzuki Kizashi Apex (turbo) concept
Old 04-22-2011, 07:16 AM

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi
Had a 30,000 mile service done on the Fit yesterday... trans fluid change, air and cabin filters, completely check over front to back, fluids, belts, service brakes (remove and clean/sand/deglaze/repack - made a big difference in feel), a bunch of other things that I can not remember.

And they found a service bulletin for "gurgling coolant" noise from dash - both Fits I drove did that so I thought it was normal Apparently there's a fix... hopefully it's NOT using coolant, but the caps were sometimes a tad deformed, and could become loose allowing air in and coolant to escape which causes the gurgling... they run bled the system, topped up coolant and now we wait to see if the noise returns.

THIS is EXACTLY why I wanted the car thru Formula H before it goes to the dealer (tuesday) for the two recalls! I can only imagine how much they would have quoted me to fix this problem!!! It was only $40 at FH for coolant and labor...

And holy cow - after driving the Insight yesterday, my Fit feels like an S2000 for power
I get a similar sound in my '98 Accord V6 coupe winter beater.

Be sure to post what the problem was if you ever find out...thanks!
Old 04-22-2011, 07:21 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Is that the ex-employee/friend of FH pricing. I think I may be headed to FH going forward
Old 04-22-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy
Originally Posted by Tadashi' timestamp='1303478245' post='20495954
I get a similar sound in my '98 Accord V6 coupe winter beater.

Be sure to post what the problem was if you ever find out...thanks!
Mark there was a service bulletin on it for the Fit -- the problem is what I posted above... cap. Otherwise if that does not fix it, you are using coolant somewhere and that's a whole 'nother problem. You would require a coolant system diag to find where it's going.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:07 AM

I get Tom's 20% discount on parts and labor. I guess there are some advantages to being engaged

The $40 was for run bleed 1/2 hour and coolant. The total bill was $327 with tax... was worth the money for piece of mind though.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:09 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

I get Tom's 20% discount on parts and labor. I guess there are some advantages to being engaged

The $40 was for run bleed 1/2 hour and coolant. The total bill was $327 with tax... was worth the money for piece of mind though.
Might as well pay dealership cost as long as there is no upselling and you know work will happen as promised. I wish FH were closer.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:10 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Do they offer BFF discounts at FH? All of us could use that ya know

Quick Reply: UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations