New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations

Old 04-18-2011, 11:49 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Loooooking better and better

Very easy to please spa guy. Just paste some racing decals and he will be happy
Old 04-18-2011, 12:20 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by aashish2
Originally Posted by Triple-H' timestamp='1303153939' post='20479424
So did I till he deleted them...
Cone Mark you mean

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Put 'em back in. Friggin' Aashish.
hey! I don't have super powers like Hankook Man does. I can't edit or delete other peoples posts
Meant that I put them back after having deleted them because you said you couldn't see 'em.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aashish2
Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo' timestamp='1303147790' post='20478917
Depending on the mileage, $14.5k seems high for an 02.

Probably why it hasn't sold.
I think thats what it is. If I remember I may have contacted him last summer (when I went through an I need an AP1 phase) and IIRC the reason the price is high is because of what he owes on the car.
book on 2002 is like 12500 max
Old 04-19-2011, 04:35 AM

Good Morning Upstate

I'm asking for your opinions on front tires.

Here's the situation. I was changing the oil late last season when I saw that the alignment had been off all season and the very inside of both tires was worn to a point where I was uncomfortable with the tires. I took it to my mechanic and he set the toe for me, and all seems well right now. Inspection is this month and I'm probably going to replace the fronts. Right now it has Cooper Zeon (sic?) All-seasons all the way around. I've been happy with the Coopers on our "spirited" drives so I could just get a couple of replacements and probably be good.

I was considering going to high performance summer tires, alternating fronts and rears as needed.

"Talk amoungst yourselves" I'm listening
Old 04-19-2011, 04:38 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Coopers ?
Scold.
Wait till you try something else!
Old 04-19-2011, 04:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bilzfan
Here's the situation. I was changing the oil late last season when I saw that the alignment had been off all season and the very inside of both tires was worn to a point where I was uncomfortable with the tires. I took it to my mechanic and he set the toe for me, and all seems well right now. Inspection is this month and I'm probably going to replace the fronts. Right now it has Cooper Zeon (sic?) All-seasons all the way around. I've been happy with the Coopers on our "spirited" drives so I could just get a couple of replacements and probably be good.
I was considering going to high performance summer tires, alternating fronts and rears as needed.
I'll make ya a bet, it's not the alignment per say, it's Honda's darn toe setting
If you are going to have the alignment redone, and want a bit better handling, I suggests the UK alignment settings and get that toe as close to 0.00 as you can
I'm very curious what this means numerically - I took it to my mechanic and he set the toe for me - what did he set it to???

Honestly, I would get thos crap tires off your car ASAP and put some real rubber on them
Hankook R-S3 - you will not find better performance per dollar in my book
I just got mine from www.treadzone.com, all 4 came to about $550 delivered
People are going to mention all sorts of pother brands, but look at their prices, and decide on your own
People like to give me chit all the time about how inferior my 16" wheels were and how much better their costly tires were than my Hankooks
But the funny thing is, during all our drives I never once recall ever slowing people down because my car handles so poorly

HANKOOK R-S3. Period.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by bilzfan' timestamp='1303216546' post='20482301
I'll make ya a bet, it's not the alignment per say, it's Honda's darn toe setting
If you are going to have the alignment redone, and want a bit better handling, I suggests the UK alignment settings and get that toe as close to 0.00 as you can
I'm very curious what this means numerically - I took it to my mechanic and he set the toe for me - what did he set it to???

Honestly, I would get thos crap tires off your car ASAP and put some real rubber on them
Hankook R-S3 - you will not find better performance per dollar in my book
I just got mine from www.treadzone.com, all 4 came to about $550 delivered
People are going to mention all sorts of pother brands, but look at their prices, and decide on your own
People like to give me chit all the time about how inferior my 16" wheels were and how much better their costly tires were than my Hankooks
But the funny thing is, during all our drives I never once recall ever slowing people down because my car handles so poorly

HANKOOK R-S3. Period.

0 Toe was exactly what my trusted mechanic said. He set it to 0 and I've been happy since. I wish the dealer had set it to 0 when they put the tires on, when I bought the car 10K miles ago. The rest of the tread looks great just the last inside groove.

I'm looking right now for the Hankooks.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by S2KNFR
Wait till you try something else!
Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!!

He'll have an all new understanding of what this car is all about
Old 04-19-2011, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by bilzfan
0 Toe was exactly what my trusted mechanic said. He set it to 0 and I've been happy since. I wish the dealer had set it to 0 when the put the tires on when I bought 10K miles ago. the rest of the tread looks great just the last inside groove.
I'm looking right now for the Hankooks.
I have been running something like 0.01 and 0.02 for the last several years
Can handles fine, tires still wear on the insides, but such is life

HANKOOK R-S3
Don't go with an inferior model, you want the R-S3 and with your 17" sizes you can get the 215/45-17 and the 245/40-17 without a problem
Call or email Joe, don't just use his website, he is slower than crap to update it
Tread Zone - Joe Specht
JSpecht@cjtire.com
866-208-6551

Tell him Douglas sent ya
Old 04-19-2011, 05:01 AM

I'm really excited about this
New 6-sp manual
New engines (one might be a performance version)
Revised front
And a new Rio
Kia just keeps coming
I wonder if they will ever put a hot hatch in their line up
Something sort of like a Veloster

2012MY Kia Soul, Heading To The NY Auto Show

A newsletter sent out by the organizers of this year’s New York Auto Show says that the Korean automaker Kia will bring to the event the facelift version of the funky Soul hatchback. Aside from an updated front look that will feature LED running lamps, the car will also get some powertrain updates for the upcoming model.

The most important modification would have to be the new 6-speed gearbox, both in its manual and automatic versions. Kia says that the Soul will be able to do 35 mpg on the highway, which is considerably more than the current model that can do 24/30 mpg city/highway, the one fitted with the 2.0-liter engine, mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.

Another car at Kia’s venue in NY will be the 2012 Rio, a model that will feature a brand new direct-injection technology and excellent fuel economy ratings of more than 40 mpg. More details will be revealed next week. Stay tuned.

http://www.rpmgo.com/2012my-kia-soul...-ny-auto-show/

Quick Reply: UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations