New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations

Old 04-14-2011, 11:50 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
I have a friend who was looking at a 996 Carrera 4. I texted him to see if he was going to pull the trigger or not.

He sends back: Nah, I'm thinking more about the Cayenne now.

My reply: "I think you misspelled the word "Cayman"

I'm such an ass.
smart response.

Reality is most people dont see it that way. Not to mention SUV's have been glorified by celebs lately. Gone are the days of Paul Newman, Robert Redford, Steve McQueen, James Dean and rebels without a cause

The only guys I know among the current lot of celebs that can drive are Patrick Dempsey and Paul Walker, both of whom race, and both of whom dont quite have as high a profile as the names listed above.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:37 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Hate Cayenne.
WTF ?
Your friend... is a dolt.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:07 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Is this justified? University shuts down Student Racing Program because of racy photo shoot.

http://www.therecord.com/news/local/...acy-photograph

Not going to post the pic here as this is a family- friendly forum. But what do you guys think? I'd say the students should have been let go with a stern rap on their knuckles. Killing the program does seem a little extreme. So what do you think about it as parents, car people, and voyeurs
Old 04-14-2011, 05:07 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

New found respect for Takanobu Ito

Does not let damaged roads prevent him from visiting the Tochigi facility by himself on a motorcycle
Old 04-14-2011, 05:09 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

This guy should be in NASCAR. Bumper cars Beijing style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNlKw...layer_embedded
Old 04-14-2011, 05:46 PM

Received 213 Likes on 184 Posts

Aashish, did you buy the Go Pro Hero 960?

So far, I've been too cheap to buy (i.e., I haven't had an extra $300), but in my "research", I came across this site. It seems to have great technical information, cheat sheats, hints, links to software etc.

http://www.eyeofmine.com/gopro/hd/960/

I'll probably buy from him when the time comes, just for putting all the stuff on the web. Much more than the Go Pro website.

By the way, I expect you to have your helmet decked out like shown on his Home Page when I see you next week.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:04 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Aashish, did you buy the Go Pro Hero 960?

So far, I've been too cheap to buy (i.e., I haven't had an extra $300), but in my "research", I came across this site. It seems to have great technical information, cheat sheats, hints, links to software etc.

http://www.eyeofmine.com/gopro/hd/960/

I'll probably buy from him when the time comes, just for putting all the stuff on the web. Much more than the Go Pro website.

By the way, I expect you to have your helmet decked out like shown on his Home Page when I see you next week.
I gave in and bought the more expensive GoPro Hero. In hindsight most of my recording is in the 960 range which is the default setting and is also a nice setting for sharp images, especially if you want to upload to YouTube etc. So I should have bought the 960

I did not get the helmet mount as I purchased the Motorsports Hero package. Besides Helmet mount may restrict my head movement inside the car. I bought this instead. If I had the time, I would have fashioned a mount myself. However this wont work for the S2000 and I need to figure out how I want to mount the camera by the 5/7 date.

The suction cup they provided is really good (unlike the Garmin mount which keeps falling off) and has withstood a drive of over 220 miles. But I don't want to mount the camera on the outside of the car as I fear it has greater potential for damage.

One word of caution. When you do purchase the GP960, make sure you research the roll bar mount that GoPro sells. Amazon has bad reviews for that product. You may be better of fashioning a mount yourself or using the dash mounts they provide to mount it on the hood of the MG A right after the windshield.

Another option you can consider is a Flip HD or a smart phone. Not quite as durable or purpose built as the GoPro's but very versatile in their application. The Browns Brewery Video consisted entirely of iPhone video and pics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKSqN1s1-JA
Old 04-14-2011, 06:24 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Aashish, have you looked at the Modifry mount? I've been happy with mine.

Modifry windscreen mount
Old 04-14-2011, 06:28 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

It may be what I eventually get Cone Mark. GoPro gives you these mounts with an adhesive base. You can peel it off and stick it in place on the dash. But I'm not comfortable with affixing something permanently that may leave a scar. The Modifry appears to be the best option.

EDIT: Thanks for the feedback. It helps to hear a positive review for a product
Old 04-14-2011, 07:55 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

http://vimeo.com/20527213?ab

Quick Reply: UPSTATE CHAT- ongoing conversations