New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Continues Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aashish2,Feb 16 2011, 05:30 PM
Interesting link this. Ethanol free gas stations in New York. Found it on Vintage, thanks to the OP

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=NY
Nothing near me Looks like next Albany S meet we need to all visit one of these places in your area
Old 02-17-2011, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Conedodger,Feb 16 2011, 09:14 PM
Check out the license plate
I like it!! Specially at a 1/4 of the price of those prancing ponies
Old 02-17-2011, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by aashish2,Feb 17 2011, 10:03 AM
How soon before this LF-A gets painted pink??

Paris Hilton gets an LF-A
Or how soon it will be ruined in a crash.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:19 AM

Spent the morning at petsmart cleaning and feeding 9 kitties! Almost all new cats since last time I was there, which means many adoptions.

Killed some more snow when I got home. Hopefully the weather over the next few days is going to get rid of more
Old 02-17-2011, 07:35 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi,Feb 17 2011, 11:13 AM
Nothing near me Looks like next Albany S meet we need to all visit one of these places in your area
That would be really cool.

We could call it the "Gassy" Upstate Meet or Upstate has GAS Meet

The gas station nearest to me is the one in Troy. Closer to Mark 355 as he lives in Troy.

My Accord sedan (4-cyl) had around 89K miles when I traded it for the Si. I had no issues with the Tranny or noise at any time. Infact driving that car made me believe Honda auto trannys are better than other cars. Very unlike the Impreza where you step on the gas and the car asks you to confirm you indeed want to go faster
Old 02-17-2011, 07:40 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts
Red face

Thanks to Mocky for finding this thread on TOV. HONDA Internal Q&A with its President.

http://vtec.net/forums/one-message?message..._item_id=959533

You Aren't Going to Like This...

Our President, Mr. Ito, recently took questions from Honda employees about plans for future products. (I have attached excerpts from that discussion below.)

There is good insight into Honda's thought-process and future direction in his comments. For those of you expecting a non-hybrid, non-electric, fire-breathing V10 or V8 in the upcoming sports car, you will not see much support for that direction in Ito's comments. Looks like we are headed for a very green (and hybrid?) vehicle. Take a look.....

FEB. 15 - President Ito takes questions from young Honda associates about future products including plans for an all-new sports car.

Q: Including electric vehicles, what is our plan for developing environmental technologies going forward?

A: After I became president, I went to the Motorcycle R&D Center (HGA) and got upset. I told them that the motor-assisted bicycle you were doing a while ago is the Cub motorcycle you should be putting out now! Don't say that they might end up being expensive--you can't do anything if you think that. It's a violation of the company principle! You need to make this product quick!

Q: A violation of the company principle?

A: Yes. The fact that we were late with this is a mistake that I personally regret to that degree. So we are tightening the bolts on our whole hybrid and EV development process. Right now, electric automobiles are not as convenient as regular gasoline engine cars. But, even though they aren't suddenly going to sell in big numbers everywhere, our customers still have high hopes for the potential of electric automobiles.

As for electric motorcycles, the drawbacks are much fewer, and, even as we speak, there are tens of millions of electric bikes zipping around on the roads of China. In this area, I regret that Honda has been too inward-looking in its approach and slow to respond to some significant changes in society. So we are accelerating this whole process right now.

Q: What is the order of priority in creating "good products"?

A: A "good product" comes down to what brings joy to customers and what inspires them to buy. That's all there is to it. If something is new and original in the world, if it stimulates people's wants and needs and if it makes people think, "I really wanted this!" then they are going to buy it. What makes for a good product is relative and depends on the person.

Q: So there is no order of priority?

A: If the customer really wants something, then he or she won't take too many points off the total score if everything is not perfect. An extreme example is the CVCC engine. We put out a low-emissions engine that all of our competitors said was impossible to build. A lot of people said, "That's amazing!" and praised how advanced it was. In terms of performance, however, I don't believe at all that it was perfect. But the fact that it was so environmentally responsible and advanced made a very strong impression, causing people to think more highly of Honda, expect more from Honda and have more trust in Honda.

Q: What is the future of Honda sports cars?

A: When my team made the body of the NSX all aluminum, we were told to pay back that extra cost [laughs]! Sports cars are something that Honda absolutely has to do. Sports cars, after all, can be people's dream cars, and they offer hints as to how best to design our other cars.

But I want to develop sports cars that symbolize the future. I have no intention of developing sports cars that imitate the classics. Twenty-some years ago, the CR-X ushered in the era of the lightweight sports car, and the culmination of that era was the NSX. Creating sports cars like these that symbolize their era is a Honda tradition. So, as for future powertrains, we've got to consider hybrid and fuel cell electric options. If we were to make a lightweight fuel cell electric sports car, that would be an amazing vehicle. That's the level we should be aiming for.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2KNFR,Feb 17 2011, 10:22 AM
and it's piss yellow.
Your negativity is like water on a duck's back, it just rolls off of me...
Old 02-17-2011, 07:52 AM

I hate to ask but am hitting a brick wall with tech support

Can a few of you try this link and see what you get??

http://www.hondabeat.com/articles/140/

I keep getting a page not found... but tech support says it is loading the actual article which it's supposed to (http://www.hondabeat.com/article_details.php?ID=140)

Thank you!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:52 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Feb 17 2011, 11:51 AM
Your negativity is like water on a duck's back, it just rolls off of me...
it may roll off of your back.. but it gets stuck in your butt.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conedodger,Feb 16 2011, 07:38 PM
Formula 500 cars are powered by a two cylinder, water cooled two stroke engine. (Snowmobile)
F500 uses an advanced Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT), similar to that used in F1 racing snowmobiles.
These advanced belt driven automatic transmissions are tuned to optimize the power curve of a two stroke engine, constantly keeping the engine at its peak power. One of the key benefits of the CVT is that it is a stepless transmission. This allows all of the engine's power to be transmitted to the drive wheels at all times.
So very cool
Again, super congrats to you for the win, getting the ride
You will have to be sure to keep reminding us when/where you are competing so we can come visit
BTW- what was the shake out on Seneca AD, is it going to be used for autox this year?

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Continues Thread