New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Continues Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Morning Upstate

The snow is flying yet again and the idiots are out in full force. Took me 1.5 hours to get to work. Usually takes 30 min
Old 02-08-2011, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tadashi,Feb 8 2011, 10:34 AM
Obviously we are in the minority... and the nascar crowd voted in full force...

Chrysler: Imported From Detroit 4603 (22.6%)
It's a shame that the American automakers have to spend so much money in advertising to distance themselves from their past crappy products. Chevy is now pushing the "Chevy Runs Deep" campaign full force when I think it was only about 18 months ago that they decided they would only promote their products as "Chevrolet" and try to stop use of the name "Chevy". Nice to see that lasted.

Honestly I liked the Chrysler add, I thought it was well done but it made no sense to use the 200. I read on Autoblog they couldn't use the new 300 because that is manufactured in Canada, but honestly I would have preferred to see almost anything else. A challenger SRT-8 would have fit well with the theme of the add or a Ram truck, but the using the 200 was just a head-scratcher.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi,Feb 8 2011, 09:34 AM

Obviously we are in the minority... and the nascar crowd voted in full force...

Chrysler: Imported From Detroit 4603 (22.6%)
FTR, chrysler is not popular in nascar at all.

Chevy yes, toyota getting there ford ehh maybe but not chrysler they are the lowest of the totem pole in the nascar world.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AllWorldLax,Feb 8 2011, 09:49 AM
Morning Upstate

The snow is flying yet again and the idiots are out in full force. Took me 1.5 hours to get to work. Usually takes 30 min
I'm leaving the house by 6:30 just to get out in advance of most of the idiots.

With the 4WD truck I have zero patience with people driving 20-mph.

The other thing that irritates the crap out of me, people get even more retarded than usual in the snow. I have a left turn I make each day, from busy Elmwood onto busy Mt. Hope, my turn left is controlled by a signal light with just a turning arrow. The thing that happens in this intersection just before I get a green is people on Mt. Hope are turning left onto Elmwood, essentially driving straight across my front, so if they jam up the intersection then I can't make my turn. It seems in the snow more people pull up to the turn, the light turns from green to red, and they f'ing arrogantly believe for some reason they are entitled to make the turn on a red lght just because there is snow on the road. This morning I saw this crap about to happen on me again, so the second my arrow turned green I pulled out into the intersection. Go ahead, f'ing run into me! Well I caught 2 cars trying to make there turn on the red light, I got out into the intersection to make my turn and blocked them from taking theirs. The second car in line realized the trouble it was in and quickly backed up into the spot where he should have stopped for the red light. The forst car though was stuck in the middle of the intersection, because as soon as I took my left turn, the entire stack of cars behind me, followed me and they kept the car from cutting us off. And then all the lights turned green for the road I was on, and that one car was totally stranded in the middle of the intersection, cars going buy in all directions blowing their horns. I can only hope they learn from this and decide making their turn on a red light in not the thing to do, just because they got to the intersection and the light was green does not entitle them to make their turn after the light turns red.

Idiots....
Old 02-08-2011, 06:16 AM

Haven't had a LOL cat for awhile...

This is probably what my cats think every day

Old 02-08-2011, 06:33 AM

Tom is too tired in the morning to have an opinion
Old 02-08-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Feb 8 2011, 10:07 AM
The other thing that irritates the crap out of me, people get even more retarded than usual in the snow.
I sure agree with that! My biggest peeves with other drivers is not using a turn signal and people making left turns thru VERY red lights.

Going thru a light that has already turned red and making other people (who have the right of way) wait for you by cutting them off I imagine them saying to me "FU, my time is more valuable than yours".

That's one of the few times I say screw the gas mileage and floor the car to get as close to hitting them as possible...

t-boning someone makes it their fault if you have the right of way and they turn in front of you, right

Road rage, I haz it Maybe I should get a hummer I did enjoy driving the CRV a few times when people thought about cutting me off.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:41 AM

It's most often in the Civic people F with me... in the S, I guess they look at the car and subconsciously think "I can't afford to hit that"
Old 02-08-2011, 06:44 AM

I could not find two of my cats today... looked for a few minutes and finally found the new favorite hiding spot!

And here's why I get so little work done on the computer these days... yes that's my office desk

And finally, so she doesn't feel left out - my $2,000 cat Sasha, queen of the house

Old 02-08-2011, 06:55 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Feb 8 2011, 10:07 AM
With the 4WD truck I have zero patience with people driving 20-mph.

The other thing that irritates the crap out of me, people get even more retarded than usual in the snow. I have a left turn I make each day, from busy Elmwood onto busy Mt. Hope, my turn left is controlled by a signal light with just a turning arrow. The thing that happens in this intersection just before I get a green is people on Mt. Hope are turning left onto Elmwood, essentially driving straight across my front, so if they jam up the intersection then I can't make my turn. It seems in the snow more people pull up to the turn, the light turns from green to red, and they f'ing arrogantly believe for some reason they are entitled to make the turn on a red lght just because there is snow on the road. This morning I saw this crap about to happen on me again, so the second my arrow turned green I pulled out into the intersection. Go ahead, f'ing run into me! Well I caught 2 cars trying to make there turn on the red light, I got out into the intersection to make my turn and blocked them from taking theirs. The second car in line realized the trouble it was in and quickly backed up into the spot where he should have stopped for the red light. The forst car though was stuck in the middle of the intersection, because as soon as I took my left turn, the entire stack of cars behind me, followed me and they kept the car from cutting us off. And then all the lights turned green for the road I was on, and that one car was totally stranded in the middle of the intersection, cars going buy in all directions blowing their horns. I can only hope they learn from this and decide making their turn on a red light in not the thing to do, just because they got to the intersection and the light was green does not entitle them to make their turn after the light turns red.

Idiots....
I do what I can to correct peoples' behavior, one drive at a time.

Sarah always backs off when she has the right of way and I yell at her for it. There is a portion of road on the Audubon that goes from 2 lanes down to 1 before the (unnecessary) traffic circle. The right lane is the lane that ends. I'm constantly in the left lane leading up to it. Invariably, I'll have some ass who thinks that they can try to get their front bumper in front of me on the right, and then it is my job to slam on the brakes when they merge in.

Ain't happening. Right lane ends, not mine. Not my job to slam on the brakes.

The look of panic on their faces when they realize their lane is ending and I'm not budging is priceless.

Then I smoke them through the circle

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Continues Thread