New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Continues Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aashish2
MS3 has extra boost this season. I did not get to see the race yet and will do so sometime this week. I think the Miata loses out to the MS3 because of turbo charging. Camaro is impressive considering its girth.
Roush Mustang is driven by Jack Roush Jr. and Billie Johnson. BillieJ is very talented and almost won them the championship last year. He also made his NASCAR debut this year. He posts here on S2KI. Keep an eye out for billiej747 on ARD. He also owns an NSX and was featured in the NSXPO video Ellen gave me
Civic Si's are putting in a decent performance this season too. I've noticed thats what matters. You need to finish races to win championships, and although a win has been elusive so far this year, they have been bringing the points in Time for the Si Coupe to win the championship over its sedan.
Kia's still seem to have a problem with ROVAL's but they have turned into a solid mid-pack player. I can see them winning in a few seasons seeing how KIA North America is backing the effort strongly.
They said the increase was just 1 more pound of pressure, that just sounds like such a small amount. They key though, when people say FWD sucks and cannot be fast, clearly they don't know what they are talking about...

Totally agree, finishing every race is critical!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:30 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
They said the increase was just 1 more pound of pressure, that just sounds like such a small amount. They key though, when people say FWD sucks and cannot be fast, clearly they don't know what they are talking about...

Totally agree, finishing every race is critical!!!
and compared to last season that 1 pound has made a difference if everything else has stayed constant.

I whole-heartedly agree on the FWD thing. The days of RWD being the superior drivetrain is today under question from the FWD cars. Did you manage to catch sight of the bloated 328i? Cant seem to handle the smaller FWD cars now
Old 03-21-2011, 08:32 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Meet Jeff GORVETTE from Cars 2. Jeff is from NASCAR

Old 03-21-2011, 08:36 AM

Call the Fiat dealer in Rochester. I'm sure its open by now as it will be an existing Chrysler dealer. Pretty sure they have a car too. Ask them if you can schedule a test drive. Albany guy said they are offering test drives by appointment and 15% of all accessories. Keep that in mind for when you do decide to buy
It's hard to call when they are not yet open...
I have spoken to Fiat USA, the target date for opening is 3/30/2011, and customer service was fantastic, and personable
The studio in Rochester is an all new location, specific for Fiat, it is not part of, next to, or even close to a Jeep or Chrysler dealership
And the best data I can get from Fiat USA is, there is no car in Rochester for you to see or test yet
Old 03-21-2011, 08:38 AM

Did you manage to catch sight of the bloated 328i? Cant seem to handle the smaller FWD cars now
Yes, I laughed...
Old 03-21-2011, 08:53 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

They key though, when people say FWD sucks and cannot be fast, clearly they don't know what they are talking about...

Old 03-21-2011, 08:54 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

it is not part of, next to, or even close to a Jeep or Chrysler dealership
Hmm...and here I was thinking that the Fiat studios would be located in existing Chrysler dealerships just like Scion studios are located in Toyota dealerships. I read somewhere that they wanted to leverage on the Chrysler dealership network they had. It may be for the better though as a new dealer may put in a lot of effort to build the brand.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
That '04 599 in Raleigh was just relisted on CL. Methinks it is worth a call.
Go for it
And now, as the 1st listing ran out, the seller will be forced to realize he initially asked too much money for it, which is very good for you
Old 03-21-2011, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Conedodger

That example is as bad as people saying FWD sucks
That there vehicle is mid to rear mounted engine with FWD
Of course that is going to suck
The weight needs to be over the front tire silly
Old 03-21-2011, 09:06 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

That example is as bad as people saying FWD sucks
That there vehicle is mid to rear mounted engine with FWD
Of course that is going to suck
The weight needs to be over the front tire silly
Motor mounts were bad too. I tended to fall off the seat anytime I tried to apply torque!

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Continues Thread