New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Continues Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 09:09 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

^ with Mark. Hope they dont dump salt again. Tomorrow its supposed to be snow/rain with a daytime high of 40. Current expectation is 1 to 2 inches of snow Thursday it is supposed to be colder and as of now I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe I got my snows of too soon.

It was 24 degrees this AM and then once the sun came out it warmed up fast enough. Did not take the S, took the Si out for a spin as I had to run some errands and also wanted to hit some back roads, the condition of which, I had no idea of. Good call though. I'd have hated driving the S along some sections I took today, not that I enjoyed it any in the Si.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:55 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Winter weather advisory for here today, I hope not much sticks. Long range forcast shows high temps in the 30's the rest of the month.
Levi
Old 03-21-2011, 04:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are getting a strong steady snow now, I feel you folks up north who must be getting alot more Glad I put the cover on last night.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tadashi
We are getting a strong steady snow now, I feel you folks up north who must be getting alot more Glad I put the cover on last night.
Wow, what left here as rain turned into snow as it got to the east
Sorry to hear it's snow there
Old 03-21-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by aashish2
Albany Auto Show update:
I swore off going to the Rochester Auto Show years ago because I just got so mad when I did go.
The Rochester show sounds much like your Albany show, I see it more as a dealer show than a manufacturer's show.
The vehicle selection sucks, if the dealer has a lot of something on their lot for sure it will be at the show, even if it is boring.
The people working the show are nothing more that typical car salespeople, they don't know chit about their product and for sure they have zero information about the inner workings of the car company they represent, making them useless.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by aashish2
Hey! In addition to MOTO GP and Continental Tire from Miami, this weekend is the 12 hours of Sebring.
MOTO GP
I always like it when Honda wins

CONTINENTAL
Good grief the Camaro is wide compared to the BMW
Thought the one lonely Caymen was kind of funny
The Mustangs offer up some serious competition

MINI's are still fugly to me
Kia only had a so so day, but at least they are out there and trying
Hondas looked good, Civic in both body styles seems to do well
MazdaSpeed 3 wow, nice win

MX-5 Miata versus MazdaSpeed 3
This to me is most interesting. Almost everybody will admit, the Miata is a fantastic, well refined great car, the RWD platform has been developed and developed and is as good as it gets, and, it really is a great car. But, yup, there is a but. The MazdaSpeed 3, with it's high 5-door body style and FWD platform ran circles around the Miata. Veeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting.

Mazda
You suck for not making your 2 or 3 model in a 3-door
Old 03-21-2011, 07:35 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Feeling particularly motivated.

I think it is about time I finally put the Comptech header on the S I've had kicking around my garage for a year now.

For those who have done it, a few questions:

I think it would be best if I picked up new gaskets for the header on both the cat and block. Should I go with anything other than Honda OEM for this, and just order them now?

How much should I tighten the bolts down? Anyone know what the proper ft/lb rating is for this?

I've read the best way to get the header out (and the new one in) is from underneath. Can anyone confirm?

Anyone want to lend a hand? Free beer...
Old 03-21-2011, 08:00 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Triple-H
MOTO GP
I always like it when Honda wins

CONTINENTAL
Good grief the Camaro is wide compared to the BMW
Thought the one lonely Caymen was kind of funny
The Mustangs offer up some serious competition

MINI's are still fugly to me
Kia only had a so so day, but at least they are out there and trying
Hondas looked good, Civic in both body styles seems to do well
MazdaSpeed 3 wow, nice win

MX-5 Miata versus MazdaSpeed 3
This to me is most interesting. Almost everybody will admit, the Miata is a fantastic, well refined great car, the RWD platform has been developed and developed and is as good as it gets, and, it really is a great car. But, yup, there is a but. The MazdaSpeed 3, with it's high 5-door body style and FWD platform ran circles around the Miata. Veeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting.

Mazda
You suck for not making your 2 or 3 model in a 3-door
MS3 has extra boost this season. I did not get to see the race yet and will do so sometime this week. I think the Miata loses out to the MS3 because of turbo charging. Camaro is impressive considering its girth.

Roush Mustang is driven by Jack Roush Jr. and Billie Johnson. BillieJ is very talented and almost won them the championship last year. He also made his NASCAR debut this year. He posts here on S2KI. Keep an eye out for billiej747 on ARD. He also owns an NSX and was featured in the NSXPO video Ellen gave me

Civic Si's are putting in a decent performance this season too. I've noticed thats what matters. You need to finish races to win championships, and although a win has been elusive so far this year, they have been bringing the points in Time for the Si Coupe to win the championship over its sedan.

Kia's still seem to have a problem with ROVAL's but they have turned into a solid mid-pack player. I can see them winning in a few seasons seeing how KIA North America is backing the effort strongly.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:03 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

That '04 599 in Raleigh was just relisted on CL. Methinks it is worth a call.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:09 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Triple-H
I swore off going to the Rochester Auto Show years ago because I just got so mad when I did go.
The Rochester show sounds much like your Albany show, I see it more as a dealer show than a manufacturer's show.
The vehicle selection sucks, if the dealer has a lot of something on their lot for sure it will be at the show, even if it is boring.
The people working the show are nothing more that typical car salespeople, they don't know chit about their product and for sure they have zero information about the inner workings of the car company they represent, making them useless.
Call the Fiat dealer in Rochester. I'm sure its open by now as it will be an existing Chrysler dealer. Pretty sure they have a car too. Ask them if you can schedule a test drive. Albany guy said they are offering test drives by appointment and 15% of all accessories. Keep that in mind for when you do decide to buy

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Continues Thread