New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Continues Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 05:04 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
And if you would actually reply to it then the test can be completed
I can't reply to it, because you deleted it. The button says You cant reply.

The new "Conversation" format appears to work that way. You can add up to 100 people to a conversation, but the moment the person sending deletes it, the recepient cant respond.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:14 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

It has reached Hawaii

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tsunami-sla...ry?id=13112901
Old 03-11-2011, 05:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aashish2
I can't reply to it, because you deleted it. The button says You cant reply.
The new "Conversation" format appears to work that way. You can add up to 100 people to a conversation, but the moment the person sending deletes it, the recepient cant respond.
I'll try again
Bottom line, PM's still NOT WORKING WELL........
Old 03-11-2011, 05:25 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

I'll try again
They work differently now. Just a matter of getting used to the new way is all. As time goes by we'll all get used to it.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:25 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I'll try again
Just like racing, practice, practice, practice.
I'm getting the hang of the new format, and although not sold totally on these changes, I'm able to do what I want.
Speed is as it was before and the site has a pulse again.
I can live with this as the alternative is S2000 darkness.
Maybe this upgrade will just serve to drive away the A holes. We can only hope.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:26 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

OOOK...MINI wants to launch the Buzz Lightyear edition AKA ROCKETMAN

What do you think? Not feeling any love for this. If I were buying one, it'd be the older model (with the transmission issues) and it would be British Racing Green.

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/03/11...or-production/
OK, it appears I have to ask a question twice to get an answer around here lately....what do you think of ze rocketman?
Old 03-11-2011, 05:33 AM

Received 213 Likes on 184 Posts

I missed most of the major flooding, bridge washouts and landslides from last week. But the main N-S highway is still flooded and the river is still rising.

My new (2009) sump pump is working like a charm. My basement dry and my neighors whose rely on me to keep groundwater levels under control are still dry despite the saturated ground. One year when the sump pump failed and I was on vacation, I got 4 feet of water in the basement and 6 houses down gradient, who had never had any water problem and had finished basements, suddenly got damaging waters as well. Once everyone figured out that my sump pump is the weakest link, there is a neighborhood watch with a standby generator and a quick response team ready to jump into action if I'm away. That's what they did last week.

But I think they let the chipmonk into the house, so instead of having time to build an ark as I was planning a a community service, Molly and I will have to have a chipmonk hunt tomorrow. While there's nothing better than a Saturday afternoon snack of grilled chipmonk and a beer in front of the T.V., the ark is probably more important given the current flood. While the hunt will be an annoyance, I'll keep it sporting. I'll open the basement door so the critter has an escape route; and my weapon of choice will be the varmit blow dart that Turner gave me. I hardly ever use it except indoors. I'll have to be careful and remember to inhale before I've put the weapon up to my mouth!
Old 03-11-2011, 05:37 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
I missed most of the major flooding, bridge washouts and landslides from last week. But the main N-S highway is still flooded and the river is still rising.

My new (2009) sump pump is working like a charm. My basement dry and my neighors whose rely on me to keep groundwater levels under control are still dry despite the saturated ground. One year when the sump pump failed and I was on vacation, I got 4 feet of water in the basement and 6 houses down gradient, who had never had any water problem and had finished basements, suddenly got damaging waters as well. Once everyone figured out that my sump pump is the weakest link, there is a neighborhood watch with a standby generator and a quick response team ready to jump into action if I'm away. That's what they did last week.

But I think they let the chipmonk into the house, so instead of having time to build an ark as I was planning a a community service, Molly and I will have to have a chipmonk hunt tomorrow. While there's nothing better than a Saturday afternoon snack of grilled chipmonk and a beer in front of the T.V., the ark is probably more important given the current flood. While the hunt will be an annoyance, I'll keep it sporting. I'll open the basement door so the critter has an escape route; and my weapon of choice will be the varmit blow dart that Turner gave me. I hardly ever use it except indoors. I'll have to be careful and remember to inhale before I've put the weapon up to my mouth!
Thanks for that Jeff. Reading your posts is as close as it gets to reading Wodehouse
Old 03-11-2011, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KNFR
Maybe this upgrade will just serve to drive away the A holes. We can only hope.

Is there something in the new site to keep out all the "hella flush" people too?
Old 03-11-2011, 05:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They work differently now. Just a matter of getting used to the new way is all. As time goes by we'll all get used to it.
Yes they do
I'll have to try to remember to not delete
I have always tried to keep my PM area clean
Guess now I have to let stuff stack up for a while so I know that people can reply

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Continues Thread