New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Continues Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aashish2
Wonder if will allow the NISMO version of this at Knapp as Datsun is the marque for this year

Nissan Murano Cabriolet First Drive

Not a Roadster!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:29 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

There is plenty of time for you to do that Gillmeister, and it will all happen in due course. I'd always wanted to go out and drive on track but never knew how one went about doing that until I signed on here and got talking to

You are young and still have time to launch a racing career (I am serious), but first things first. Get the graduate degree done

by the time i get to it.. gas prices will be $15/gallon
Old 03-09-2011, 03:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonder if will allow the NISMO version of this at Knapp as Datsun is the marque for this year
Nissan Murano Cabriolet First Drive
I would ok it for 2011, but not for 2012
Old 03-09-2011, 04:01 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

*yawn*

Been up since 4:30am. Had to drive my folks to the airport.

Another busy day at work.

Sarah received a job offer, but it is for 3rd shift work (12:00am - 8:00am) Wed-Sun. She doesn't know if she'll take it. We'd never see each other anymore (not sure if that is a bad or good thing), but she'd have a job.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:04 AM

Well if anybody has wondered about Carpal Tunnel surgery, as in wondering if they should or should not, all I can say is go for it!

I went in at 8:15 and was home by 10. I have a prescription for pain, but have only only used it when I go to bed to help me sleep, there really is no pain, a bit of numbness and a slight feeling of pressure, but no big deal. I'm sitting here typing with both hands and surgery was Monday morning.

The Doctor was really happy afterward, he said I will for sure notice a big difference, he said the tunnel was so restrictive there was wear on the tendons as they rubbed back and forth through the tunnel, and because it was so restricted that is what causes the issues with the nerves.

There are clearly things I cannot do yet, turning a door knob that's stiff, no way. Picking up something like a full growler, no way. Pushing the gear lever with the lower center of my palm, no way. Reaching around behind me and pulling my wallet out of my back pocket, no way. But overall the restrictions are nowhere as severe as I thought they would be.

The Doctor said, let pain be your guide,if it hurts, stop doing it, but there is nothing you can do to hurt the surgery other than pull the skin apart and slow down the mending. Which is by the way kind f interesting, I have no stitches, the incision was 2-3" long, and he just closed it up with 4 little pieces of tape. So not only do I not have to deal with stitches being removed, but the scar tissue will be very small.

And the last thing I can think of to share, wow, it was weird!!! I was fully awake, I got a shot in the wrist that numbed the area, but I could still feel my fingertips and my upper arm. I could feel a bit of tugging, and a bit of cutting, but there was no pain, it's hard to describe, I could sense things were happening at my wrist, but I could not feel anything there. From the moment he injected me, to the moment I walked out of the room all done no more than 10-minutes had passed, the actual surgery itself took about 5-minutes. To give you an idea, Dr. Mitten had 14 Carpal Tunnel surgeries the day he did mine, I was about the 3rd.

Next winter, it's going to be the left wrist!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
*yawn*
Been up since 4:30am.
Me too, I had to go to Walmart before I came into work this morning
I love my 24/7 superstore, I just love being able to ship for nearly anything I need at say 6:15 in the morning....
I removed the ace bandage this morning and needed some gauze and 1st aid tape

I could have taken this stuff from my Frontier 1st Aid Kit, but decided to just leave that complete.
I still think it is kind of cool that came with out trucks from the factory
Old 03-09-2011, 04:49 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm determined to wrap up the S2K projects !
Off to the Honda shop for a couple of little clips and bits, a few more hrs. of fiddling and I'll be finally ready for Spring, if Spring ever comes...
Old 03-09-2011, 04:57 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome back Doug. Glad you have use of both hands.

Good luck with the projects Jeff.

Marc - I'd take the job if only to get a foot in the door unless she already has a job. Good luck to you guys no matter what you choose to do.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by S2KNFR
a few more hrs. of fiddling and I'll be finally ready for Spring
I need to heal is all...
Old 03-09-2011, 05:40 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Glad the surgery went well Doug. Here is to many happy years of riding!

PS-When you get a chance, could you pin my autocross thread?

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Continues Thread