New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Track Days 2017 - Itching to Get on Track

Old 02-21-2017, 05:38 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Jeff - that is correct. Dave (XDime00) has signed up for the car control clinic. I'll be there too on that day at the clinic if I'm not too beat up and tired from 2 days of Evo school on the two days prior to that.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:30 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad to hear Paul and the car are both good. I experienced similar at Palmer but did considerable damage to the car. Fender and bracket isn't too bad at all. The new Evasive fenders are wider than stock and vented to reduce lift. Something to consider
Old 02-21-2017, 10:27 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Signed the card

Originally Posted by shiv
Glad to hear Paul and the car are both good. I experienced similar at Palmer but did considerable damage to the car. Fender and bracket isn't too bad at all. The new Evasive fenders are wider than stock and vented to reduce lift. Something to consider
We got Paul a card for his incident.......please sign the card.
Attached Thumbnails Track Days 2017 - Itching to Get on Track-card_4_paul.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
A 2 (02-21-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 01:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by s200059
We got Paul a card for his incident.......please sign the card.
Thanks everyone.
It really was a fantastic weekend having G&L here, spending a great few days with them plus 2 days art Sebring.
Considering I have been at it 11/12 years at HDPE and its the first solid contact I have had I can't be upset. Plus it was totally incredible being on track with all that machinery and finding 3+ sec over my previous PB at Sebring!
Bracket already on order, scouring the interwebs for Sebring fender(s). Really need LF but might by both if anyone has a line on them. Other colors would be considered
Old 02-21-2017, 02:30 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

That card cracked me up.

Thanks for sharing that on behalf of us all Greg.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So I am a couple days away from placing a sizable order to finish up my TT build and among the items is 6 point harnesses and FIA spec seats. I am currently running the factory belt setup with a bulkhead bar. My question is do I need to retain the factory belts in addition to the 6 points to pass NYS inspection or can I ditch them? Car isn't a DD but I intend to keep it registered and inspected to drive to events and so fourth and wanted to double check this to determine if I need to order additional hardware to implement the factory belts alongside the 6 pointers. Any thoughts?
Old 02-22-2017, 02:42 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

So I am a couple days away from placing a sizable order to finish up my TT build and among the items is 6 point harnesses and FIA spec seats. I am currently running the factory belt setup with a bulkhead bar. My question is do I need to retain the factory belts in addition to the 6 points to pass NYS inspection or can I ditch them? Car isn't a DD but I intend to keep it registered and inspected to drive to events and so fourth and wanted to double check this to determine if I need to order additional hardware to implement the factory belts alongside the 6 pointers. Any thoughts?
Shiv - I'll wait for the others to chime in. But I did talk to someone from autocross that has a caged Evo he drives on the street. He does not have the factory seat belts. He has harnesses only. He said he usually takes the car to an inspection station that is sympathetic and has no issues. Over the winter, he gave in and purchased a truck and trailer. His intent is to trailer the car to the track and drive it to the local autocross events.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When I lived in Maine and I double dutied my car I was able to use the 6 point harnesses but I had to have a push button release for DOT compliance. The cam style center twist was a no go
Old 02-22-2017, 03:34 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Race Car On the Road

I got my race car inspected (legally) after the 2015 Scca Runoffs and drove off thrilled.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:48 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Slow car fast?? - not so soon says Jack Baruth

Why You'll Never Learn to Be Fast Until You Get Rid of Your Fast Car