New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Third Annual V&V - Feb 11th

Old 01-24-2012, 05:24 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H

Chat-A-Whyle
Finger Lakes Brewing
KLV
Heron Hill
Dr. Frank
Keuka Brewing
Stever Hill
Hunt Country
Barrington Cellars
Keuka Springs
Beerme shows that Finger Lakes Brewing doesn't open till noon (and we all know how that went last year).

Most wineries open at 10. I'm wondering if we should shoot for a bit earlier on the breakfast so we can be there when they open?

Other than that, the itinerary looks good. If we don't make all the wineries on the list, oh well! If we do make all the wineries on the list, I doubt I'll be in much shape to go to more if we have time
Old 01-24-2012, 05:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well screw FLB, they are deleted....

I'm totally ok with Breakfast at 8:30 if you are, after all, you are the one coming the greatest distance, so if anybody wants to complain it is too early, just tell them to man up, and tell them what time you are leaving the house

Can I bribe you and Sarah to pick me up at my house? I'm only a few miles from the Henrietta thruway exit. then I don't have to worry about having my truck towed. Let me know.

I think you should sign up for the cheese thing and then let me know how it goes. I'm more than happy to spend the extra $18. I figure it should/could be good for 6-wineries

We have also done Pleasant Valley and Chateau Renaissance prior to KLV so we could also delete them, giving us more time to do the two new ones. And this might be a good thing as we don't get that north on Keuka after KSRT, and if we really like one or both of theses then maybe we change that Saturday run.

Mainly I'm just throwing ideas out there for review
Old 01-24-2012, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H
That's the whole point of this thread

I'm going to be busy at work for the rest of the day, mind if I call you later tonight (like 6:00 or so) to go over a few things?
Old 01-24-2012, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
Originally Posted by Triple-H' timestamp='1327416619' post='21347001
That's the whole point of this thread
I'm going to be busy at work for the rest of the day, mind if I call you later tonight (like 6:00 or so) to go over a few things?
How about more like after 7:00?
I have grocery and wine shopping to do after work...
I'm planning on a slow cooker feast for this weekend as I camp out for the Rolex 24
I got a 3 lbs Boneless Center Cut Chuck Roast last night at the meat market and tonight I need to get a bunch of stuff
I know it sounds silly to go wine shopping before a V&V but I have a need
The only red I have left in the house is one Leon Millet, and I'm not using that for cooking
I'm hoping I can find an Alchemy of Hunt Country at Marketview, that red was very dry and had a really nice black pepper nip to it
Just checked the Hunt Country website and it had this to say, maybe I'll be in luck...

Alchemy
Back in stock! Discover the magic of Alchemy, a dry red blend of Old and New World grapes, with black cherry notes, firm oak and hints of light pepper. Enjoy a glass on its own or with a wide range of hearty meat dishes, rich cheeses, tomato-based Italian cuisine and other foods which you would naturally spice with pepper.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:46 AM

I'll be home by 6:00 tonight if you want to call tonight
Old 01-29-2012, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheryll and I will be there. We may bring a friend too.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:50 AM

Wow Eric, that's great!
Old 02-04-2012, 07:29 AM

TTT

Skip, you back?

Marc- we must resolve meetin time asap!
I'll email ya Monday with my special route to my house from 390 exit
Old 02-05-2012, 03:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm back and ready for the V & V. BTW, knowing that Speed was covering the entire Rolex 24 Hours, I tried not to pick my nose. Have to look good on camera, you know.

GL will be joining me for the V & V. In the meantime, I'm taking a practice run in the S this morning to the Captain's Table in Geneva for breakfast. Who knows? Maybe there WILL be an S next weekend.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:36 AM

I'm thinking a meet time of 8:30 might be best.

Gives us time to eat a relaxed breakfast, pay up, and casually saunter on to the first winery (KLV?) and arrive right when they open at 10:00.

Quick Reply: Third Annual V&V - Feb 11th