New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Syracuse

Old 02-04-2006, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Syracuse

just want to know where are good places to get a beer? dont want places where they are shocked to see an asian either..haha
Old 02-04-2006, 08:40 AM

I live in Rochester, but my parents and brother live in Syracuse. I go to Syracuse regularly. As for where to get beer, no clue. People here in Rochester takes me to enough drinking places.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:50 AM

haha..thats cool. i find this place to be the most ghetto and ugliest places to live. i've lived in korea,japan,ca,chicago and among all those places, ppl here are the most uneducated,most racist and simply..white trash? oh well, only gonna be here till march but just cant wait till i get out of this non existent place. and why do these white kids and grown ups act like they are from brooklyn? and i guess they all prefer to call us chinese?haha..i guess being a korean falls into the chinese catogory?
Old 02-04-2006, 01:39 PM

Hmm, my view of Syracuse is a bit different than yours. Just have to know the right places to be and live, I guess.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:38 PM

There are ignorant people anywhere one goes, there are many good people here in upstate NY.....don't let a few meatheads color your opinion......
Old 02-05-2006, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey s2ny , I just moved to NC from Syracuse about 9 months ago. And for the record, I agree with your observations 98%.

Syracuse is a boring, dirty, crappy, gloomy, pigstye of a city and I've lived there for over 30 yrs.

Anyways, to answer your question, a good beer can be had at "Dinosaur BBQ", "The Blue Tusk" in Armory Square. But usually, any bar in Armory Square is a good bet and people there don't seem to be afraid of us Chinese folks.

In NY. I was also Chinese. But in NC, they think I'm Mexican or Columbian though I was born Vietnamese...so I feel your pain my asian brother. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:40 PM

If it's beer you want, Mcgreggor's has the largest on tap selections.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:04 AM

i'm not saying Syracuse is the worst place to live.i do see many positive sides to this place. but it seems like there are unusually more ignorant ppl living here....
or maybe i'm just mad about the weather. It's always dark, gray,cold and rough. I'm sure it does affect some ppl's mood swings and attitudes...
Old 02-06-2006, 08:15 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by s2ny,Feb 6 2006, 11:04 AM
maybe i'm just mad about the weather. It's always dark, gray,cold and rough. I'm sure it does affect some ppl's mood swings and attitudes...
Hang around until May/June and see if it improves for you.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:25 AM

where are some good places for a spirited driving? adirondacks area? have camped there once and it was fun...do find the finger lake region beautiful and fun place to visit, 1k island is georgous...i guess i'm just mad at this winter weather...but why am i complaining? haha...i should be glad that we had a mild winter so far...but heard we sould be getting around 6-12'' by tuesday....

Quick Reply: Syracuse