New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Spark Plug TSB/Recall

Old 09-19-2002, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark Plug TSB/Recall

This isn't the most logical place to mention this, but I had my spark plugs replaced by the dealer this afternoon (Eric, are you lurking??). Needless to say, I can't tell a difference but at least I'm not having it towed to the dealer with stripped plug threads in the head

While at the dealer's I mentioned about the buzzing sound on deceleration (TSB 0054). After all, my dealer is 1 hour away, a big deal here in upstate NY, especially when I have to cross a state border to get there. The service manager agreed that my car had the notorious buzzing sound and said they'd give me a new clutch if that was what I wanted. I think I'll put it off for awhile longer, quite awhile longer, in fact. I've gotten used to it and find it almost charming or at least a characteristic which gives the car character. Besides, it's gotten better with age (or I'm losing my high frequency hearing).

Skip
Old 09-19-2002, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's nice to read a post from someone who likes their dealership!

I should be able to get my plug TSB done next week as well as fixing my allignment, finally. It's been so long I forgot what the mileage is on the car...
Old 09-20-2002, 02:15 AM

I had the plugs replaced a few weeks ago. No sign of uneven burning on any of the plugs (some have suggested that the #4 plug should be inspected for oil fouling, perhaps indicating an impending #4 cylider problem). The car starts the same and idles a bit more evenly in certain circumstances.

Next is an alignment to more "street" settings after the autox season is done to help tire life. I've decided on 2 alignments a year - springtime gets an autox alignment, fall gets street.

BTW, good to "see" you again, Skip - I was wondering if we'd lost you...
Old 09-20-2002, 05:04 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jguerdat
[B]Next is an alignment to more "street" settings after the autox season is done to help tire life.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:49 AM

Originally posted by Testut
I'm hoping that some of us can get together over the winter, especially those of us who drive year 'round and not like some poseurs whose names won't be mentioned here (BTW, loved that roll bar, Doug).
Hey! That rollbar would be the cat's pajamas for winter driving!!
Old 09-20-2002, 03:17 PM

Hi Skip,

I had an appointment today at Bob's Honda for my 15K service, but they were out of plugs! I wonder who got the last set? I will have to go back when they get more in. At least I got a loaner car to use for the day while they did the other work. They also checked to make sure the plugs were not loose.

When I arrived at the showroom this evening, there was a used 2000 Black/Black on display that they just bought at the auction from Honda of Ithaca. Supposedly a doctor in Ithaca owned it, and traded it for a Pilot and another car. I though you might have seen this one around.

Count me in for some winter driving too, as long as it's not too messy. With a set of fresh Dunlop SP5000s mounted on my second set of wheels, I no longer have to fear the dreaded worn S02s in winter conditions.

Eric
Old 09-20-2002, 03:27 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eric N
[B]
When I arrived at the showroom this evening, there was a used 2000 Black/Black on display that they just bought at the auction from Honda of Ithaca.
Old 09-27-2002, 03:30 AM

I had my plugs done yesterday at an area dealership.....I asked for the old plugs, reply was, "sorry, we have to return them"...I asked then if I could at least see them...reply was, "I'll see what I can do".... I wanted to keep an eye on the mechanic..of course insurance regs. do not allow customers in the service area..so I took a walk outside so I could see into the service area....as suspected..no precaution taken on the fenders while working on it (cover of some sort)..and low and behold..when I got it back.....grease finger prints on the hood, fenders, and the radio door..... All along I suspected this would happen, not sure if the next time I should demand a bit better service "manners" ?
Old 09-28-2002, 05:07 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tea-man
[B]....as suspected..no precaution taken on the fenders while working on it (cover of some sort)..and low and behold..when I got it back.....grease finger prints on the hood, fenders, and the radio door.....
Old 09-30-2002, 04:54 AM

I got mine done last week at Ontario Honda in Canandaigua.
They have done something like 8 cars already.
Now where are all these people?
I think only Dave/Val and me have gone to Ontario and I'm not even sure if Dave/Val got their plug TSB done there or not.
The one thing I was sad about, rushing to get the car done for the driving school we forgot to do a compression test when the pugs were changed, it would have been the perfect time. Oh well, I will get that done later this year before it goes into winter storage.

Quick Reply: Spark Plug TSB/Recall