New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

SAT AUGUST 7- Rte. 2 Tri-State Drive

Old 08-06-2010, 05:10 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi,Aug 6 2010, 06:30 PM
I wish I got that much attention at home
I can text tree hugga and let him know of your desire. Maybe the next time he wont offer to clean up so you can go on a drive
Old 08-06-2010, 05:11 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Tadashi,Aug 6 2010, 06:31 PM
I'll be there by 5 til... I will of course need a restroom break before we leave

I have a radio still, not sure how good my batteries are -- will try and pickup some triple A's...

New radios were on my Xmas list but since an entire S is now on my Xmas list the radios will have to wait
Very good. S2KNFR Jeff may also come home...so the 3 cars (S2KNFR, Me and Blueosprey90) can leave together.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:53 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Drive safe Jeff & Jeff and everybody else that's coming from elsewhere.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:49 PM

Received 391 Likes on 235 Posts

Whew! Great day! Great drive! Outstanding driving exhibition Aashish! Sorry I had to leave a few minutes early gang but had plans for the evening and we were running late at the restaurant. Thanks to everyone who came from far away- you guys really made it a special meet! Can't wait till we meet again at Knapp! Fabulous production Aashish.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:56 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Got home around 8:30 PM (20 mins ago). Just letting the feeling sink in. What a day, what a nice turnout and thanks everyone for coming.

Dave, thanks again for the cookies and I'm glad you enjoyed the drive
Old 08-07-2010, 05:18 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Red face

EVERYONE THAT CAME ON THE DRIVE, PLEASE POST TO LET ME KNOW YOU MADE IT HOME SAFE (ESPECIALLY THE OUT OF TOWNERS)
Old 08-07-2010, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a great time was had. Sorry I missed it!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Perfect day for a drive. Unfortunately, I had to work today
Hope everyone had fun!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Home, Safe, sound and tired
Old 08-07-2010, 05:41 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks to everyone that showed up. It was your participation that made this meet a success

Jeff (S2KNFR) - Thanks for coming out and doing an all day marathon in the S. Like the guy at Hemmings said, you are indeed the life on our drives

Gordy (Bilzfan) - It was a pleasant surprise to see you at McD's in the morning. I'm glad you made it out and it was great to meet you. Look forward to meeting you & Janet at Knapp.

Jeff (Blueosprey90) - what can I say? Thanks a ton for coming Jeff. Molly definitely made JJ very happy and I can feel that she is now more open about me getting a dog some day. It was great to have your participation and thanks for taking all those pics.

Ellen (Tadashi) - My able navigator. I'm sure we'd have been lost and detached were it not for you. You've gotta promise me that you will make it out to other drives too and you can drive my car anytime you want

David (Headchef): and thanks for the cookies. No drive is complete without King Dave

Jeremy (Ridgercr) - Thanks for showing up man. I can never grow tired of that awesome GPW. Also thanks to your friend (that rode with you) for coming.

Mark355 (Mark) - It was great meeting up with you and I'm sure our cars had a reunion of sorts as they probably were room mates (parking lot mates in this case). You should make it out more often and also must look into the possibility of coming to Knapp

CenturionS2K (Helio) - Great meeting up with you man, and thank you for driving all that way to make it to the drive. Im looking forward to seeing you at Knapp and sincerely hope you can make it.

Foodoni (Steve) - Thanks for coming Steve. It was great to have you along as always. Look forward to seeing you again at the next meet.

Red Stwokay (Mike) - Thanks for coming along Mike. I'm glad I got to meet you in person and I hope you had fun for the portion of the drive you joined. Sorry to have kept you waiting at the 6 House pub for long

Shawn (Jeremy's Civic Si friend) - Thanks for coming along man. It was good to see you again and I've gotta hand it to you for keeping your Si that clean. I better get around to cleaning my Si tomorrow

Brian (my Civic Si buddy) - As always a pleasure to meet up with you man. And you really make our drives come alive with those awesome pics and videos. We really need to get you into an S2000 and I'm going to you about getting one, even though you want to get an Evo

Molly (Jeff's hiking companion) - Dear Molly, I am forever indebted to you. Thanks for keeping JJ company and keeping her in good spirits. I'm sorry if I kept Jeff away from you for too long

What really made this drive fun for me was the turn-out. We had 10 S2000's (including Mike who joined us at the lunch stop) and two Civic Si's. It was really special for me to see two cars I own and love running together and keeping up with each other.

I'm sorry about the long halt for lunch. Had I know that was the case, we'd have come back to the Rensselaer area. All the reviews online were wonderful so I thought we could not go wrong with it.

Gentleman, my apologies again for the gravel trip on Rte. 9 in Vermont. I really felt bad, more so for everyone else than my car.

This was such good fun, that we need to do it again.

LESSONS LEARNED: Next time we have such a high turnout, I think we must have two groups. Also think we need two or more folks to plan the route so that way we have two group leaders. Until the next time

Quick Reply: SAT AUGUST 7- Rte. 2 Tri-State Drive