New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

SAT AUGUST 7- Rte. 2 Tri-State Drive

Old 08-06-2010, 10:21 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Riche,Aug 6 2010, 01:00 PM
You all are having some great drives that I have not been able to attend. Tomorrow looks like a good one. You are doing nice planning Aashish.
Missed the rally in Jyväskylä too. We were in Saarijärvi with our son looking for an apartment Thursday the day Hirvonen destroyed his car. He is attending University in Jyväskylä this year and Saarijärvi is very close, Thursday night we got hit by a storm at our summer cottage north of Jyväskylä. The power was out totally for 5 days, on and off for the next two. Our road was blocked in 3 places with the worst having 8 trees across in a pile. Our uncle came the next day and cut the trees from our road so we could get out. There were blow downs all over the whole area. We were busy until Wednesday and have enough sauna and fireplace wood for at least 10 years. We have had record temperatures here for weeks and they will continue into next week.
As always I see many interesting cars here and have even taken a few pictures. This afternoon we went to the Helsinki city center at the old harbor where they are having Rally Legends Racing this weekend. Kind of like the IROC racing concept. Today was free entry to see practice. The Helsinki Sanomat had an article that led me to believe there would be access to see cars close up but that turned out to be miss information. There are three types of cars they will be using. One type being Legends Cars. http://www.hmw.fi/en/index.php?page=ohjelma_autot One of my neighbors is going Saturday for work taking some clients there. Plus he has VIP access to the whole place including close parking. Can you say lucky? Admission is 150€ for his tickets.
Well evening news is nearly over and we can get back to enjoying our live music that will leave us when our classical piano player moves to Saarijärvi.
Rich, been a while. Glad to hear you and your family are doing well. You must be proud of your children. Good luck to them

I'm sure there'll be another drive planned for when you are back in town, which leads me to ask, when are you back Stateside?

oh! and I wish I were there to see these cars in action I really want to visit Finland sometime and see some Finnish drivers in action in their natural terrain

Old 08-06-2010, 10:23 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Please anyone that has radios, bring them
Old 08-06-2010, 11:58 AM

Received 391 Likes on 235 Posts

Cookies on the way!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Headchef,Aug 6 2010, 02:58 PM
Cookies on the way!
Old 08-06-2010, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

Regrettably, I won't be able to attend this drive. I'm sorry to back out again on short notice and I was really looking forward to it, but we had somewhat of an emergency at the business today. Especially with the economy the way it is, I need to work extra this weekend to pick up some slack. The little one has taken a lot of my time this year as well, but she is amazing

I hope you all have a great time and I miss hanging out. Hopefully I will see you soon.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:49 PM

Just to let you guys know I might not be able to make it due to some family issues but I'm definitely trying. If I don't see you tomorrow have fun and be safe.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:39 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by S2KNFR,Aug 6 2010, 04:56 PM
I'm driving hour just for chefs cookies.
and they are a good reason to be driving this far

Old 08-06-2010, 02:41 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Rick - Hope everything is well. Sorry to hear you wont be coming but you have to do what it takes. Looking forward to seeing you at the next drive.

Tyler - I hope you can make it, but we all know family comes first and hope your issues are resolved

Everyone else I'll see you tomorrow
Old 08-06-2010, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by blueosprey90,Aug 6 2010, 10:08 AM
but I will be faced with 20 minutes of whole body wagging and face licking when I get home.
I wish I got that much attention at home
Old 08-06-2010, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by aashish2,Aug 6 2010, 10:31 AM
Little before 10 AM should be good. I plan on leaving home so I can get to McD's by 10 AM.
I'll be there by 5 til... I will of course need a restroom break before we leave

I have a radio still, not sure how good my batteries are -- will try and pickup some triple A's...

New radios were on my Xmas list but since an entire S is now on my Xmas list the radios will have to wait

Quick Reply: SAT AUGUST 7- Rte. 2 Tri-State Drive