New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

SAT AUGUST 7- Rte. 2 Tri-State Drive

Old 08-05-2010, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tailgate? Isn't that breaking out the grill, the coolers and having a great time.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:16 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KNFR,Aug 5 2010, 07:28 PM
Where's the no tailgating clause?
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...post&p=19146046

You will find that its not what you think
Old 08-05-2010, 06:30 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

^ Sounds good Jeff

We have some first-timers coming as well and I just thought it'd help to state the rules for everyone's benefit is all

That aside, pasting the list of people coming so we have it on the current page.

CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS:
- Me
- Blueosprey 90
- Ridgercr +1 (bringing a friend along)
- Tadashi
- Headchef
- Foodoni
- Klaxian
- 01spaS2K
- TylerNH630M
- Mark355
- CenturionS2K +1
- S2KNFR
- Shawn +1 (Jeremy's Civic Si buddy)

TENTATIVES:
- Corey Maurer
- Hogan (provided he can work his angels too)
- Brian (my Civic Si friend)
- Addictuned S2K

Anyone else coming along
Old 08-06-2010, 04:05 AM

I guess I'm in as Aashish's plus one for the day.

Tom promised to clean the entire house if I went on the drive, and that's an offer I can't refuse since he hasn't done a single household chore since February.

Do you suppose Middletown Mazda would let me do a weekend test drive?
Old 08-06-2010, 04:10 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Tadashi,Aug 6 2010, 07:05 AM
I guess I'm in as Aashish's plus one for the day.

Tom promised to clean the entire house if I went on the drive, and that's an offer I can't refuse since he hasn't done a single household chore since February.

Do you suppose Middletown Mazda would let me do a weekend test drive?
Glad you are coming.

Im pretty sure they would. When I went to test drive the Porsche Cayman back in 2008, the sales guy gave me the key and said I could drive the car all day if I wanted. Just to bring it back before they closed shop.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:08 AM

Received 212 Likes on 183 Posts

Aashish, no sign of any neighbors so it looks like I'm bringing Molly if it is not too much of an imposition on JJ. If it is, just say so and I'll leave Molly here. She will survive, but I will be faced with 20 minutes of whole body wagging and face licking when I get home.

I'm shooting to get to your house a little before 10 a.m. assuming I don't get lost.

Centurion, I sent you an e-mail. Give me a call and we can coordinate.

Jeff
Old 08-06-2010, 06:13 AM

If it's not a big deal, I was planning to bring my brother along for this one. Should be fun. Cyas tomorrow!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:28 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

@ Jeff - no problem. You can leave Molly at home. I already PMed you the address. Just make sure you give her a complete set of instructions as she has never had a pet (being her parents only pet).

@ Rick - No problemo. You can bring your brother along

More importantly is Headchef bringing us cookie nourishment

Old 08-06-2010, 06:31 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90,Aug 6 2010, 09:08 AM
I'm shooting to get to your house a little before 10 a.m. assuming I don't get lost.
Little before 10 AM should be good. I plan on leaving home so I can get to McD's by 10 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:00 AM

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

You all are having some great drives that I have not been able to attend. Tomorrow looks like a good one. You are doing nice planning Aashish.
Missed the rally in Jyväskylä too. We were in Saarijärvi with our son looking for an apartment Thursday the day Hirvonen destroyed his car. He is attending University in Jyväskylä this year and Saarijärvi is very close, Thursday night we got hit by a storm at our summer cottage north of Jyväskylä. The power was out totally for 5 days, on and off for the next two. Our road was blocked in 3 places with the worst having 8 trees across in a pile. Our uncle came the next day and cut the trees from our road so we could get out. There were blow downs all over the whole area. We were busy until Wednesday and have enough sauna and fireplace wood for at least 10 years. We have had record temperatures here for weeks and they will continue into next week.
As always I see many interesting cars here and have even taken a few pictures. This afternoon we went to the Helsinki city center at the old harbor where they are having Rally Legends Racing this weekend. Kind of like the IROC racing concept. Today was free entry to see practice. The Helsinki Sanomat had an article that led me to believe there would be access to see cars close up but that turned out to be miss information. There are three types of cars they will be using. One type being Legends Cars. http://www.hmw.fi/en/index.php?page=ohjelma_autot One of my neighbors is going Saturday for work taking some clients there. Plus he has VIP access to the whole place including close parking. Can you say lucky? Admission is 150€ for his tickets.
Well evening news is nearly over and we can get back to enjoying our live music that will leave us when our classical piano player moves to Saarijärvi.

Quick Reply: SAT AUGUST 7- Rte. 2 Tri-State Drive