New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Running no plate in the front - NY

Old 02-27-2008, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tadashi,Feb 27 2008, 02:39 PM
True, so VERY true

John, you are a WISE man
That's what some people tell me.

Most just call me a pretentious asshole and are done with it
Old 02-27-2008, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well lets wait and see what Doug has to say when he catches up on reading all these posts

I don't even want to know what people call me
Old 02-27-2008, 12:21 PM

I say Ellen has a dirty mind... and, it's stuck in that groove.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:24 PM

Can't help it, you guys just make it too easy... like the 2 minute UPS delivery

Back to sort of on topic ( shocking) ... maybe I can get a life size S2000 model created... so next winter I can look at my car inside for 5 months
Old 02-27-2008, 12:25 PM

lol at all you guys
Old 02-27-2008, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tadashi,Feb 27 2008, 04:24 PM
Can't help it, you guys just make it too easy... like the 2 minute UPS delivery

Back to sort of on topic ( shocking) ... maybe I can get a life size S2000 model created... so next winter I can look at my car inside for 5 months
Just get yourself a place with an attached garage. Run some ducting from the exhaust to the door...You can turn the car on and rev the engine in there with the exhaust piped to the outside and everything...

Put a projector in and use the back wall to play Forza (so you can drive an S in-game).
Old 02-27-2008, 03:06 PM

Garage or at least HUGE driveway is the #1 thing on my list for a new apartment I may end up living in a rat hole but my cars will be taken care of

No turning the car on unless it gets driven! And having it near me again I will actually be able to do that again on nice days! Like the 55 degree day in January and then again in February!

If I get a garage I can at least go sit in it and play with the wheel and shifter like I used to do If I have to park it in the driveway I can at least peak under the cover once in awhile
Old 02-27-2008, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tadashi,Feb 27 2008, 07:06 PM
Garage or at least HUGE driveway is the #1 thing on my list for a new apartment I may end up living in a rat hole but my cars will be taken care of

No turning the car on unless it gets driven! And having it near me again I will actually be able to do that again on nice days! Like the 55 degree day in January and then again in February!

If I get a garage I can at least go sit in it and play with the wheel and shifter like I used to do If I have to park it in the driveway I can at least peak under the cover once in awhile
I thought it's generally considered not good to play with the shifter if the car's not running...tranny fluid's not pumping and all that jazz... Just a heads up

Just sit in it, start her up, rev the engine a bit after it's warmed up properly...
Old 02-27-2008, 03:20 PM

I don't do it often. I've only sat in my car twice since December I had not heard that though about the shifter... And I think Doug will have some words of disagreement with you on the starting up

Which I tend to agree with... if I am not going to drive it I have no reason to start it. It was nice to get a fix (ride with Kenta) on Saturday though, even w/o any VTEC
Old 02-27-2008, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tadashi,Feb 27 2008, 07:20 PM
I don't do it often. I've only sat in my car twice since December I had not heard that though about the shifter... And I think Doug will have some words of disagreement with you on the starting up

Which I tend to agree with... if I am not going to drive it I have no reason to start it. It was nice to get a fix (ride with Kenta) on Saturday though, even w/o any VTEC
If you do it every day...then Doug won't have any words of disagreement with me

The problem with starting it only every couple of weeks is the cold start factor. But if you do it every day, it's no worse than if you drive it daily...

Or you could invest in an electric oil pump that starts the oil flowing before the engine is cranked... (One of my future mods)

Quick Reply: Running no plate in the front - NY