New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Running no plate in the front - NY

Old 02-26-2008, 05:21 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi,Feb 26 2008, 09:14 AM
All of Canada Levi Ask me how I know sometime
I didn't know that. Thanks
Levi
Old 02-26-2008, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nova Scotia has a STRICT no radar detector policy

More on the front plate issue... according to Jeff (SeriousRex) our New England law enforcement officer, the state police of ANY state can issue you a ticket for NO front plate if your state requires one. I don't know of any that don't require one these days... ?

Most of the time I think you will only get pulled over if they want to try and get you for something else or they did get you for speeding. The one time I got pulled over I was doing at least 10+ mph over the limit but hit the brakes the second I heard the radar detector beep.

I don't think he got a good lock on my speed so when he saw no front plate that gave him an excuse. If I had been an a-hole I would probably would have got a ticket. But I do remember how to be a sweet little girl when I have to be
Old 02-26-2008, 06:57 AM

Pretty much over this past summer got pulled of at most twice and never got a ticket. Basically it comes down to being respectful to the officer plus knowing a bunch of cops comes in handy as well lol. Also my car only see's about 4k a year if that so really it's not on the road much to gauge what would happen if it was my daily.

Mike
Old 02-26-2008, 07:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To what you asked Ellen, I was on my way to Myrtle Beach, NC last October and I guess the trooper just didn't like my exhaust stating to me that it was not original equipment and needed to be fixed, although I'm just passing thru VA and I'm from NY.

I gave the officer all the politeness and respect I could. I even had my interior light on and my licsence, registration, military ID all ready to give to him.

Oh but he was young and fresh on the beat and needed someone to grab to make his sergeant happy.....shame on me!

I'm just an out-of-towner with a sports car and a non-OEM conforming exhaust. Oh gee, it might be louder than OEM, but makes better power oh and weighs about 40+ pounds lighter than OEM, which in-turn makes the car lighter, which also in-turn will make the car safer. All while retaining a catylist.

(its not often that I'm sarcastic but it feels good to vent sometimes, not to anyone in particular)
Old 02-26-2008, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by RIDGERCR,Feb 26 2008, 11:29 AM
(its not often that I'm sarcastic but it feels good to vent sometimes, not to anyone in particular)
I can totally relate to that

There are a few people who NEED a good given to them

Do you want my list sorted alphabetically or by who needs one most???
Old 02-26-2008, 07:34 AM

Come to think of it, the guy who pulled me over was quite young too... next time I'm going to ask for his phone number and if he wants to have dinner with me

No, wait, that deserves a

And you guys could try that also

OMG - gives a whole new meaning to "Speed Dating"

Multi-tasking - I learn new tricks every day
Old 02-26-2008, 07:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know what you mean.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, that is what my owners manual says. There are some counties that have signs "no radar detector use". I've seen those right over here near Albany. I'm not sure how those laws work. I should probably find out before April

really, i haven't seen that

also, yeah I know that DC isn't a state, my bad

and yes illegal in all of canada
Old 02-26-2008, 10:49 AM

I am right on the border between VT and NY and there is a sign when I cross over to your side about them being illegal

Hope I don't find out that the hard way Of course that WILL give me a chance to try out my getting pulled over strategy

I think I have seen signs like that further north near the Plattsburg area as well but it's been so long I don't remember.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:04 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi,Feb 26 2008, 02:49 PM
I am right on the border between VT and NY and there is a sign when I cross over to your side about them being illegal

Hope I don't find out that the hard way Of course that WILL give me a chance to try out my getting pulled over strategy

I think I have seen signs like that further north near the Plattsburg area as well but it's been so long I don't remember.
The detectors are OK in this part of the state, in fact I thought they were OK in the entire state.
Levi

Quick Reply: Running no plate in the front - NY