New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Pic of the Day - Take Two!

Old 04-26-2012, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the break down of my statements.. Especiallly how kids from 10-19 don't want to be with there parents. I'll have to wait and see I guess..and the reason that we don't want to drag her around all day is because she can't take her naps.. No naps = cranky time....any parent knows that. No that isn't my car, but I'm sure it's against the law to put a baby seat in the front .
Old 04-26-2012, 09:28 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by lolls
I like the break down of my statements.. Especiallly how kids from 10-19 don't want to be with there parents. I'll have to wait and see I guess..and the reason that we don't want to drag her around all day is because she can't take her naps.. No naps = cranky time....any parent knows that. No that isn't my car, but I'm sure it's against the law to put a baby seat in the front .
lolol i'm well aware of the cranky time (i have a 3 year old niece and a 1 year old nephew... i've watched them may a times but love them so much no matter what)
Old 04-26-2012, 10:41 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

My granddaughter is 10...I expect she will kick us to the curb soon. I can see the signs already.

I don't think it's actually illegal (in my state) to put a kid in the front seat, but it is not suggested, especially if the airbag does not shut off. Safest place is the back seat, but if you have a pickup truck or a two seater............

I agree no naps make kids way too cranky as does keeping them up too late. I see parents out to dinner with cranky kids at 7:30 in the evening...WTF do they expect? You can only push them so much.

BTW, the second batch of children, also known as grandchildren are so much more fun that the first batch. You can send them home.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:02 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
BTW, the second batch of children, also known as grandchildren are so much more fun that the first batch. You can send them home.
HA! Same way I felt when I used to teach martial arts classes.

I loved teaching the kids - they would do whatever you told them and always were trying their hardest to win your approval. But after a 90 minute workout, I'd had my fill of them (and their endless "what-if" questions) and got to send them home with their parents.

I suspect the "second round" is much the same
Old 04-26-2012, 11:13 AM

I GET cranky when I don't have my nap.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi' timestamp='1335441328' post='21644643
I need that on my Fit! Yes I think you are right about the vehicle on the right - another reason they have money - no huge gas guzzling SUV
No, i think the reason they have money is because of no kids (which is the dumbest thing to even state)..I realize Ellen is Anti-Kid, and she seems to thinks the reason why no one has anything in life is because of kids they have. Which is a false statement..I have a daughter, a house, a business, 2 "Gas Guzzling" SUV's that actually get better gas mileage than my S2000..and oh yeah I have an S2000 also, and a Mini Van which Ellen loves so much and I still have enough money. In fact Ellen should have more money than me. No Kids, an apartment, and work from home computer stuff..Money isnt the do all end all of happiness that people seem to think. In fact Ellen will prob spend more time and money on saving cats than she would if she had a kid, but then having a kid means you have to sacrifice something in life, and not many people would do that.
Not sure why you are ranting at me, Rich as Marc is the one who posted the original hate for stick figures.

Last I knew there were several anti kid folks here so again not sure why you are singling me out. We choose to be child free - it's not a crime. 90% plus people have kids, not everyone needs to.

Nor do I spend any MONEY on saving cats or anything else because I don't have any money. I just paid April's health insurance on 4/27. May's is due along with rent, neither of which I am going to be able to pay.

I realize you have money and that's great for you. Spend it anyway you choose.

Have a wonderful evening - and life
Old 04-27-2012, 02:16 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi
Not sure why you are ranting at me, Rich as Marc is the one who posted the original hate for stick figures.

Last I knew there were several anti kid folks here so again not sure why you are singling me out. We choose to be child free - it's not a crime. 90% plus people have kids, not everyone needs to.

Nor do I spend any MONEY on saving cats or anything else because I don't have any money. I just paid April's health insurance on 4/27. May's is due along with rent, neither of which I am going to be able to pay.

I realize you have money and that's great for you. Spend it anyway you choose.

Have a wonderful evening - and life
Ellen - let it go. I think he felt as though he was singled out. Not a big deal. He is a good guy just as you are a good person.

It is perhaps a good thing to rant from time to time as it allows us to blow off steam. I too was ranting not too long ago, but we resolved that quickly. Life is short, good friends are few. Lets make the best out of the camaraderie and friendship we share through love of the car (even though I love the CR more than the S)
Old 04-27-2012, 02:18 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

oh! and as this is the pic thread and you call me a diplomat, here is a pic you will love

Old 04-27-2012, 02:48 PM

Just a rant.. Not attacking..Not singling anyone out.. I'm just ranting..I didn't feel singled out..expressing an opinion, but I see you can't do that here... The thing that got me was saying that the reason why someone has money was because they don't have an suv.. Presumably to haul kids around in..but I apologize if I offended anyone and I hope I didn't make any enemies.. Especially Ellen..
Old 04-27-2012, 03:23 PM

( olive branch)..

Quick Reply: Pic of the Day - Take Two!