New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Pic of the Day - Take Two!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:39 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

My Mother-in-law picked on me too. When we went out to dinner and she saw a Rio AP2, she wondered why I bought the Laguna because the Rio looked better
Old 04-26-2012, 08:42 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Having kids is your only hope at immortality... a little bit of you lives on. Given this is a pic thread...

Old 04-26-2012, 08:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont want to hijack the picture thread, so Im gonna stop..here is a picture for your pleasure

Who says you cant cant take your baby with you!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:43 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by lolls
Originally Posted by Tadashi' timestamp='1335441328' post='21644643
I need that on my Fit! Yes I think you are right about the vehicle on the right - another reason they have money - no huge gas guzzling SUV
No, i think the reason they have money is because of no kids (which is the dumbest thing to even state)..I realize Ellen is Anti-Kid, and she seems to thinks the reason why no one has anything in life is because of kids they have. Which is a false statement..I have a daughter, a house, a business, 2 "Gas Guzzling" SUV's that actually get better gas mileage than my S2000..and oh yeah I have an S2000 also, and a Mini Van which Ellen loves so much and I still have enough money. In fact Ellen should have more money than me. No Kids, an apartment, and work from home computer stuff..Money isnt the do all end all of happiness that people seem to think. In fact Ellen will prob spend more time and money on saving cats than she would if she had a kid, but then having a kid means you have to sacrifice something in life, and not many people would do that.

there's a bilboard here in baltimore that says "a child costs $750/month... whats your allowance" it makes me laugh every time i drive by it.

i love some of the stupid stuff they put on billboards around here
Old 04-26-2012, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by A 2
My Mother-in-law picked on me too. When we went out to dinner and she saw a Rio AP2, she wondered why I bought the Laguna because the Rio looked better
That i could accept..but my mother in law stated she hated the car..I told her to go talk to her daughter about it, cause she is the one who bought it for me.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Fasting
Having kids is your only hope at immortality... a little bit of you lives on. Given this is a pic thread...

Love it Jeff!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:46 AM

I know i posted it before but, this little girl is my life!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:50 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 04-26-2012, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by A 2' timestamp='1335456574' post='21645436
[quote name='lolls' timestamp='1335456267' post='21645415']
[quote name='Tadashi' timestamp='1335441328' post='21644643']
I need that on my Fit! Yes I think you are right about the vehicle on the right - another reason they have money - no huge gas guzzling SUV
No, i think the reason they have money is because of no kids (which is the dumbest thing to even state)..I realize Ellen is Anti-Kid, and she seems to thinks the reason why no one has anything in life is because of kids they have. Which is a false statement..I have a daughter, a house, a business, 2 "Gas Guzzling" SUV's that actually get better gas mileage than my S2000..and oh yeah I have an S2000 also, and a Mini Van which Ellen loves so much and I still have enough money. In fact Ellen should have more money than me. No Kids, an apartment, and work from home computer stuff..Money isnt the do all end all of happiness that people seem to think. In fact Ellen will prob spend more time and money on saving cats than she would if she had a kid, but then having a kid means you have to sacrifice something in life, and not many people would do that.

Rich - dont take offense to the banter on here. It is supposed to be light. I certainly understand where you are coming from as I too would like to be a parent someday. You are spot on about money not being everything. Another thing is the more you have the more you will want and you will always have a feeling of inadequacy. The key is that it depends on the person and whether they are happy and contended with what they have. We have as many families on here as we have singletons, so dont feel like you are somehow alone
[/quote]

I dont feel like im alone..trust me and i dont take offense..I know there are people on the site who have families, and I know there are people who are single..and thats great, but I just hate assumptions..to say people have money because they dont own a gas guzzeling SUV to haul the kids in is ridiculous. and Im actually surprised Ellen even said that...in fact for me, its the opposite..I ve seen a decrease on my gas use BECAUSE i have a kid..We dont go out much because she is still little and we dont want to drag her around all day. And even when she gets older and wants to do stuff and it requires driving around an $, ill still do it for her, just to make her happy and have her enjoy being with her parents. Having kids isnt the end of the world as some people think..I know we joke about it, but people who dont want children dont want them for a reason..what ever that reason is..and again, that fine..that your decision..Jen and I were set in our mind NOT to have a child until a realization hit us..now its the best decision we ever made.
[/quote]

so a few things from context:

"I have a daughter, a house, a business, 2 "Gas Guzzling" SUV's (and s2k)" so you clearly do have money and a kid.
"we dont want to drag her around all day" you in fact don't enjoy having a kid.
"just to make her happy and have her enjoy being with her parents": false hope. kids will never enjoy being with their parents from age 10-19.
"I know we joke about it" all we do is joke unless its an argument between jeff and doug about cars and misunderstandings because sarcasm is not portrayed well on the interwebz
"Jen and I were set in our mind NOT to have a child until a realization hit us..now its the best decision we ever made." you clearly just like sex.

ok in all seriousness, i agree 100% with what you, jeff, A2 are saying. and i'm sure Ellen, Doug and others agree too.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:57 AM

I dont want to hijack the picture thread, so Im gonna stop..here is a picture for your pleasure

Who says you cant cant take your baby with you!

you disable airbag?

oh... that is not your car. you have tan interior.

Quick Reply: Pic of the Day - Take Two!