New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Pic of the Day

Old 03-06-2012, 09:59 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi
I am actually

Please someone find this as funny as I do
Hilarious !!!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:32 AM

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

I get unlimited data for $9.95 a month...it's called dialup!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:36 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Dial....up?

Wasn't that some barbaric practice from the dark ages of the internet where people actually used their telephones to have data stream to their machines at obscenely slow speeds?

Highly uncivilized!
Old 03-06-2012, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its just sad cause here we are on am s2000 website talking about Scions and Subarus...my point being is that honda should be in this game of re releasing a sports car..this months Automobile magazine had an article "11 Cars we wish we had back"..one of them was the NSX naturally and the other was the Prelude! I was shocked and and surprised to see this! YES YES YES YES!!!It would be terrific to fill the void of a sports car with the return of the Prelude..I owned a 1998 Lude and it was one of the best cars i ever owned..the style was a head of its time..and its still stylish today. Its sad that Honda is not seeing this.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
Dial....up?

Wasn't that some barbaric practice from the dark ages of the internet where people actually used their telephones to have data stream to their machines at obscenely slow speeds?

Highly uncivilized!
Not dark ages for me, it's real life.

I am in an area where the only internet service offered that doesn't get it through the air via an aircard or satellite is Comcast and
their customer service SUCKS especially when you consider that they would have been getting new money from me. I would need a new cable
run to my house because the other one is obsolete and they told me they would schedule it. A YEAR later I got a call from Comcast: "We
have an open work order to run a new cable to your house for internet service, did that ever happen?". Right then and there I said no
way am I going with Comcast EVER!

I've tried every air card offered by AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc. etc. and the signal strength is terrible so that's not an option for me.

They don't offer DSL, FIOS, etc. in my area.

My only other option would be satellite and I already have 1 dish on the side of my house, I don't want 2.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By air card, do you mean verizon MIFI?

If you haven't done their MIFI, how is your cell service 3g or 4g?
Old 03-06-2012, 12:24 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by lolls
Its just sad cause here we are on am s2000 website talking about Scions and Subarus...my point being is that honda should be in this game of re releasing a sports car..this months Automobile magazine had an article "11 Cars we wish we had back"..one of them was the NSX naturally and the other was the Prelude! I was shocked and and surprised to see this! YES YES YES YES!!!It would be terrific to fill the void of a sports car with the return of the Prelude..I owned a 1998 Lude and it was one of the best cars i ever owned..the style was a head of its time..and its still stylish today. Its sad that Honda is not seeing this.

You make a good point. Hopefully Honda will in time get back to their earlier ways.

I dont see them joining the horsepower wars, but I hope they will be able to strike a balance and build a relatively lighter weight car that is fun to drive and toss around, much like their earlier cars. The CR-Z is a good platform, but it could do better with a slightly higher output. Like wise a Prelude or a something else that is sporty in addition to that NSX should help their image.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:27 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by liquidride59
By air card, do you mean verizon MIFI?

If you haven't done their MIFI, how is your cell service 3g or 4g?

Mark, try that as liquidride suggests. I have a co-worker that lives in the sticks and is very happy with his verizon mi-fi. It not only powers his laptop that he uses for work but also supports an XBox and a gaming PC he owns. He has sons that live at home and they are constantly online.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:40 PM

Cell phone service sucks too.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy
Cell phone service sucks too.
but you have it?

I work for an environmental education center, and in the summer, we have about 3000 kids here and another 1000 or so counselors, spread out threw 5 camps all on the side of a mountain. We used to do everything threw dial-up. Now we currently have 14 MIFI's that run each of the camps offices, computer labs, maintenance, and operations centers. It uses a 3g ( or if 4g is in your area) cell connection and is about 3 times as fast as 56k. I would say upwards of 1 to 1.5 mbps (if your lucky to be in a 4g area I've herd speed tests as high as 10mbps) It doesn't have to be a strong connection but as long as it establishes one, your good. I think our company pays along the lines of $30 a month for unlimited use. It is much much nicer then dial up, and when 4g comes to the camp, it will only increase the possibilities.