New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Pic of the Day

Old 12-28-2011, 02:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DAY TWO...

Working on bottom shelf today, wood is cut, but the shelf wood has to be painted before I put it together and screw it into place
Old 12-28-2011, 04:07 AM

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Nice stand. Do you have a means of raising the wheels or blocking so it does not move in use? My setup has fixed wheels on one end and castors onthe other with a thing you step on that locks the bench from moving on the castor end. Works well.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Riche
Nice stand. Do you have a means of raising the wheels or blocking so it does not move in use? My setup has fixed wheels on one end and castors onthe other with a thing you step on that locks the bench from moving on the castor end. Works well.
This stand is always up on the wheels and it is really easy to move, in a limited way, you see one end has fixed wheels that don't change direction, the other end has wheels that swivel, so it both moves when ya want it to, and stays still when ya wan it to.
The stand is the oruginal stand for the monster 1959 table saw, it's a monster, they reallg don't make stuff like this anymore...
For all my other equipment I have them on stands from Harbor Freight that roll around, and when ya want them to stay ya screw two feet down, silly things work great, much like what you describe you have.
For me mobilith is key, space is limited, and I have 7 pieces of equipment looking for space...
Old 12-28-2011, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
So Ellen, how was the quality?
Can you post where you got it from please?
Was it from the place I had found?
Looks good
But I would have done white
Thanks Doug. I wanted a really lite blue to match the car color but they only offer so many and I went with "lite blue"

They have a few different Honda decals...
http://www.egraf-x.net/windshield-decals.html
Old 12-28-2011, 10:47 PM

My requirements for moblity are the same. The wheels used are a lot different than yours. This is the only image showing the bench on htis computer. typicaly I push it outside to saw unless there is rain. the saw, not shown in the picture, is a craftsman from the late 40s and much smaller than the unit you have. All cast iron. This year it saw a lot of use cutting trim for the house where it is located.
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/220/imgp4187movingcrop.jpg/]
Old 12-29-2011, 05:46 AM

Wow, Riche, sounds like a great saw, some of the old stuff just can't be beat
I gave to Lax_Chris my "modern" tablesaw, for the stuff he was thinking of doing at the new house it was perfect for, but as I have done more, and have learned to use quality wood, my need for a top quality saw sort of increased
All my stuff is set up in the basement, and although I'm concentration on living room casings, crown moldings, and baseboards, there are always small projects here and there, like bird feeders and houses, don't know why, but I just love making them...
Old 12-29-2011, 06:05 AM

DAY THREE...

Did not get a lot done yesterday, was running errands and dealing with getting my Maine Coon Cat into the vet for a wash and shave...

I decided I did not like my original design for the lower shelf supports, there was no wood on the ends for me to screwthe plywood to so I added end pieces, notched them and forced them into position with the cross braces and they are notched under the side rail, these suckers are not coming out .

Now I have to get painting so I can get the shelf installed...
Old 12-29-2011, 06:49 AM

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Still waiting on pictures of the newly shaved and bathed Ganzo!!
Old 12-29-2011, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 12-29-2011, 11:37 AM

Have you considered drawers in the bottom? Mine is mounted on the other end of that metal bench that has 6 drawers. Very handy. It holds saw blades, the remote pedel for operating the saw, clamps, measuring tools and lots of my wood working hand tools. There is a power strip on the back too that is handy for my purposes for running other power tools when the unit is moved outside.