New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

OCTOBER 8th 2011: Rensselaer-Columbia Drive

Old 10-08-2011, 03:09 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Thank you all for coming out to play. I had a great time and the weather could not have been any more perfect. We got bogged down on some of the roads and I wish there was not as much traffic. But seeing how this probably is going to be the last of the nice weekends, people seemed to be out in force.

FullbackS2 Bob & Ruth - Im happy I got to meet you guys. I hope you've liked this drive enough to consider coming out to future events.

01spas2k - Glad you guys came out as well. I wonder why all the color drained from your Spa and why it looks so much like GPW. Maybe as I suspected Spa is a poor color

Steve & Colleen - Great as always to have you guys along. You are now permanent fixtures of the Albany group and I look forward to seeing you guys at future events.

M355 - It was cool hanging out and talking cars after the drive. I really love what you've done with the SSM. Looks like a whole another car. We should hit Albany Speed Shop next season.

Helio - Found it hard to keep my eyes on the road with that awesome Rio CR in my rear view. Im going to steal your wheels some day Heck maybe at the next meet I'll just make off with your car. Thank you so much for letting me drive it. I absolutely loved my very first CR experience. Very generous and gracious of you to let me have it.

Rick - Glad you could come on the drive and I hope you get to come out some more next season. Always great to see you.

Ellen - thank you den mother for being there. I fear that if you move to Watkins Glen there'd be no one around me to plan a drive. It was great to see you and I hope you guys have fun at the movies tonight.

I hope everyone liked the lunch option and was generally happy with the drive. Wish the others had come too, they were missed
Old 10-08-2011, 03:53 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

My pictures from today

Making Helio walk the plank

Parked at Hudson-Chatham Winery

Wine tasting

Ellen & Helio relaxing

Lunch stop at Coyote Flaco. All the Hardtop guys parked together
Old 10-08-2011, 04:24 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Wish I could have made it, but just too whipped from deckbuilding, and McWheel didn't get back to CP till late, so it was just too much for me.
Thanks for your hard work Aashish.
You are Upstates hero.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:32 PM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Aashish - Arrived home safely. Dog tired but Dog happy. Everything was perfect--weather, people, great roads and the food was the best Mexican I've had in a while! Loved the spot Coyote Flaco (I felt like we had the whole place to ourselves). I enjoyed experimenting with the various types of salsa (after Aashish gave it a go first). The wine tasting at Hudson-Chatham Winery was great. Good catching up with Mark, Ellen, the familiar and new faces. I know this drive took a lot of planning and effort on your part, Aashish. Thank you! I look forward to another event in the future

P.S. Mark and Aashish - on the way back I got a new partner on the road. A nice Yellow E36 M3 followed me for about 15 miles. I thought it was interesting since we were just talking about the E36 today.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:46 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

That is very kind of you Jeff. I just do what I can and contribute in my own way. I lack technical knowledge and as I can't offer any wisdom on that front, I do what I can. It is the least I can do for everything I have received from all on here

Helio - glad you got home safe. Best laid plans are sometimes undone by the county roads administration Glad you like the wine and lunch stops. You are always a welcome presence on the drives. Can't get enough of that CR
Old 10-08-2011, 05:07 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I was selfish this time and only photographed my own car, hahaha. Here's one shot that has a group theme. Until next year!

Season MVP:

Old 10-08-2011, 07:25 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

dang! and I thought you'd get a pic of all the hardtops together

In any case....is there an award ceremony where I'm handed that MVP trophy

You guys make these events vauable (or should I say invaluable)
Old 10-09-2011, 02:25 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Aashish,
Thanks so much for organizing this drive.
Great seeing all of the different ways that people like to customize their car and share a driving experience as well.
We had a fun time and anticipate going on more.
Knapp sounds like something we'd like to do as well.
Nice meeting everyone.
I took some pictures but am unsure how to post them.
Bob & Ruth
Old 10-09-2011, 03:06 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Good turnout, wish I could have made a guest appearance, you sure picked a perfect day.
Levi
Old 10-09-2011, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Reply: OCTOBER 8th 2011: Rensselaer-Columbia Drive