New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

NOOOOOOO my car has been totaled!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-14-2004, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim,
Know some great builders if you can find a lot. Homes in that tract or zone known as "7 square miles surounded by reality" have always been overepriced due to colleges. South towards Owego, land and homes are cheap. Heard that even Dryden is overpriced. Lived on East Hill in 80's and prices are out of sight.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:28 AM

My goal is to eventualy own some rental properties around here. Houses cost a bit more but I can charge top dollar for rentals.
A place that would rent for $600 in dryden, I could probably get $900-$1000 for in ithaca.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:37 AM

You are a robber baron in the making. The Ithaca college/ Cornell kids have to come up with the $$$. Good luck!
Old 01-15-2004, 05:18 AM

Originally posted by Ro_Ja Boy
Got my car at 17...age doesnt matter...its common sense and the ability to drive a car!
Age DOES matter. If you don't think so go down to your insurance company and "explain" it to them. The ability to drive a car comes from experience. It's hard to have experience when you've only been driving ~1 year. I'm NOT calling you or the kid who wrecked Jimbo's car a bad driver, but inexperience DID play a part in this.

Inherent skill can make up for a lot, there are excellent young drivers out there. But they're not the majority.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:22 AM

Very well said, Dave. I totally agree.

I remember when I first started driving, I drove my Mom's '83 Buick LaSabre, it was a rear wheel drive and a pain to drive in the snow because it was sooooo damn front heavy. I remember doing some stupid things (in the snow), but luckly nothing happened. Those are things I would never do again, now that I'm much older (and more experienced).
Old 01-15-2004, 07:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too agree, age does matter, I said true to the part about common sense...

John, I can't say I was that lucky. I had a few fender benders when I was young, think high school. The two that stand out in my mind were both in the snow and in the rain, and I was just plain driving too fast, can you imagine that...

1967 Ford Fairlane, 4-door, 200 ci I6. Coming home from school, the car in front of me stopped fast because a snow plow was coming into his lane, I looked straight at the snow plow on the left, then at the embankment on the right, and decided hitting the car in front of me was my best option. Wham! There was a light blue front left fender on that dark blue car for the rest of the time I owned it, sort of acted as a reminder...

1973 Mercury Capri, 2-door, 2.6 l V6. One fast hot car I might ad!!! On my way to the part time job on a Saturday morning in the rain. Going through a fast tight left hand turn, got on the gas too hard, backend came out, I corrected which opened up my turning arc. Wham! Telephone pole into the passenger's door. The car was fixed, but was not the same, so I sold it.But let me just say, this was my first hot car, and I was hooked. Gramps and I put competition timing gears in it and a nice set of Cherry bombs. This thing was fast!!!