New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

My CR-Z Review

Old 04-18-2011, 04:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice review Doug and Aash. Lots of good info in there and I enjoyed reading abuot it.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aashish2
Got to test drive CR-z today. Driving in Econ is like driving around with the e-brake engaged. Detailed thoughts to follow later.
It sucked so bad I turned it off after about 0.5 mile
I can't believe you used it long enough to review it......
Old 04-19-2011, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Tadashi
You guys would hate the Insight too
I tried one right after they came out
I was shocked and amazed, but not in a good way
It's strange, and hard to explain to people on the CR-Z forum, but all of us get it here
I think power corrupts, and more power just changes our perception of what's acceptable
If I never rode around the track in an F360 Challenge I might not know what fast was
If I never owned an S2000 I might not know what a really good street car can perform like
If I never owned a CRX-Si I might not know just how dam fast an econobox can be
But, the problem is, I do know, and I just think life is too short for me to put-put along
I love the fact that there are people out there that like the Insight and the CR-Z
I admire the people out there who enjoy these cars and feel good about their fuel savings
I guess I'm just not that mature
I just want to light up the drive tires and take in that poison smell of burning rubber
Old 04-19-2011, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by RIDGERCR
Nice review Doug and Aash. Lots of good info in there and I enjoyed reading abuot it.
It's a really interesting car, and I think everybody here needs to take the time to test drive a 6MT.
The reason I say that is I believe, no matter what things like IMA - Integrated Motor Assist - is going to be a part of our future.
It's time to experience it now, as it is, at this stage of technological development, it's only going to get better, so now is the time to get a base understanding of it so as it gets better in the future we can be better set to appreciate the change.
The way the car performs off a start in sport mode with a full charge is really something to behold.
The torgue ain't neck snapping like the 400-ft-lbs in the Titan, but it does indeed get your attention because this car is the modern interpretation of a lightweight car. I think for me I would not have known really how snappy it was if it were not for the angry Saab driver I had behind me.
I could tell coming off a light, as I pulled away from him, as his front end raised and dove between shifts, he was indeed trying as hard as he could to keep up, and the silly CR-Z just walked away, until about 45 and then the Saab closed in on me like a cruise missile...
Old 04-19-2011, 05:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking of Forums... time to sign up on the Fit forums
I have now doubled my options for attending auto events
Old 04-19-2011, 06:01 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by aashish2' timestamp='1302976359' post='20473339
Got to test drive CR-z today. Driving in Econ is like driving around with the e-brake engaged. Detailed thoughts to follow later.
It sucked so bad I turned it off after about 0.5 mile
I can't believe you used it long enough to review it......
Tested Econ in a parking lot, as traffic was moving much faster on the road.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

For so he may rant once he is back on Monday

Mugen CR-Z (that we will never see) Powertrain details are revealed by CAR Magazine

the Mugen Euro will feature a supercharger mated to the standard 1.5-liter four-cylinder, which bumps the power output to 197 horsepower and 181 pound-feet of torque. That's a far cry from the stock 113 ponies and 107 lb-ft, yet the engineers at Mugen reportedly managed to find a way sync Honda's integrated hybrid assist system. That should make for a fairly efficient little screamer, and Mugen is reportedly hoping induction and exhaust upgrades will help its hot hatch improve upon the CRZ's 38 miles per gallon. Not if you're using all 197 of those ponies on a regular basis.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:50 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

^^^^^Sounds like a fun car.
Levi
Old 04-22-2011, 11:35 AM

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

could just import one.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:41 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

It would be RHD. Would that be street legal here? I know the UK and other RHD countries let you drive an LHD as long as it displays a decal that says "LHD" prominently.

Quick Reply: My CR-Z Review