New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Mini meet in the Albany area...

Old 05-26-2006, 06:07 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mini meet in the Albany area...

Hey guys,

Just pondering on putting together a mini S2k-only meet in the Albany area. I'm currently looking at this meet being held on the 24'th of June which is a Saturday afternoon.

It's not going to take all day as its just a "mini' meet for starters. But I figure its a start to get us to come out and meet each other for a change.

It'll mainly consist of a meet-up spot (still to be determined) possibly in the Crossgates Mall location, a cruise out to Thatcher's Park out in Altamont, NY for some photo opps, a cruise back down from the Park to O'Tooles irish restaurant in the old Builders Square on Central Ave, Colonie. This is where we can really get into the low down on who we are and what differenced there are in the S2000' we all have. (there is also a great model/hobby store in this plaza too) The last leg will be a short drive around the Albany Airport to an ice cream stand called The Control Tower located on Rt. 7 just east of Keeler Honda.

Just some things I've been thinking about. More to follow...

-Ridgercr (Jeremy)
Old 05-29-2006, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeremy,

I'd be game, but it's tough for me on Saturdays as I work til 5. Keep me posted.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6/24 does not work for me. That is just 3-days prior to my leaving for a weeks worth of camping out at Indy for F1, and I know I'll be busy packing.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:23 PM

Doug- thats alright, I don't expect anyone from way out to come out for a few hours. Its just a small meet-up really and some dinner and discussion. You won't be missing very much.

Pheiff- It'll probably start around 4-5'ish, in that timeframe but you could still come out and meet up at O'Tooles after you get out. It'll be a Saturday night and there will be alot of tuners and rodders out over at this parking lot so if there are enough S2k'ers showing up, we'll put on quite an impression. So we probably won't arrive at O'tooles until around 6 pm anyway. Its up to you though.

Thats about it for small details thus far. If we get a nice afternoon I'll be running through the gameplan to determine where the meeting spot will start and then go from there.

More to follow...

-Jeremy
Old 06-09-2006, 02:24 PM

The meeting spot will definitely be in the Crossgates Mall area. Where exactly is still to be determined but it will either be in 1 of 4 different locations.

1. -the p-lot just off of I-87 across from Old Navy

or

2. -the p-lot across the road behind the mall (Hooters area)

or

3. -the p-lot on the hill way up behind the theatres and Houlihans

or lastly

4. -the p-lot on the other backside of the mall for the upper entrance to the theatres.

I will have the exact place of where to meet by next week.

I'm off to Ohio for a week and won't return until next Saturday. Look for more around then if you're interested.

As far as everything else goes, nothing has changed.

Be talking shortly then.

-Jeremy
Old 06-12-2006, 06:46 PM

Jeremy, let me know im going to take a look at my work schedule tomorrow and see how it looks , but im down for it
Old 06-13-2006, 06:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RIDGERCR,May 30 2006, 05:23 PM
Doug- thats alright
THX!

I would really like to do some type of big Adirondack's drive this summer/fall though. Big as in Upstate including all you Albanians and the Ottawa group too, maybe even a select few from Toronto.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:47 PM

im game, i have to work until 6:00pm though in schenectady i dont know how much interest there is right now but maybe we can push back the time a little ?
Old 06-14-2006, 05:19 PM

Received 391 Likes on 235 Posts

Jeremy, sounds great! I'll probably be able to make it. Post final plans as soon as you know them.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:40 PM

Okay, I'm back in the area now from my trip to Ohio this past week.

-The mini meet will be this coming Saturday, June 24'th.

-The time: 6:30 pm
(granted, I will wait up for about 15 minutes or so if anyone is running behind or caught up in traffic, which is understandable)

-The place: Crossgates Mall, Albany, NY
The p-lot across from JC Penney and the Old Navy entrance.
(note-its the overflow p-lot across the street by the street light)
(if you're coming south on I-87, get off at the Crossgates Mall exit and stay to the right and the lot will be on the right soon after you see the mall itself)

-We're still heading up to Thatchers Park for a nice photo opp if the weather is good.
Then its back down thru Altamont and over to O'Tooles for dinner or whatnot. If all is still going well then after dinner our last stop will be The Control Tower ice cream place on Rt. 7 near Keeler Honda, BMW, Merc, etc...

My cell number is (518) 361-4475 if you need to get in touch. Use it if you are going to be late. I'm a nice guy and will wait up within my means for you. Hope to see some folks there. HiOctane, BigFish, this means you guys too.

-Ridgercr
(Jeremy)

Quick Reply: Mini meet in the Albany area...