New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

MG On Track! BlueOsprey, Season 2

Old 07-21-2011, 02:41 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Will need some time to think about it. It is two weeks before Knapp.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:16 AM

Received 213 Likes on 184 Posts

C.A.R.T. has cancelled Pocono for August 27, and I can't run with them at Lime Rock in September, since Nancy has made conflicting plans.

I've been in contact with MOHUD SCCA about running the MGA with them in October. They must want an instructor in every car regardless of track experience. After a series of e-mails, they decided that the "Petty Bar" (if that is what it is called) did not provide enough space for an instructor and declined my participation in that car.

I'm rather depressed. I've lost 5 days of racing because of event cancellations and an additional 9 days because Nancy had other, more important plans. I don't know why posting the race dates on her calendar was so important to her last March, since she completely ignored them anyway! AARGH!

What makes it even worse, I have to go pay for that cruise to Buenos Aires and Uraguay which was the quid pro quo for Watkins Glen!

I have 2 choices: Sell the car or be less accomodating to her wishes in the future.

On the medical portion of the race entry form for the Heacock Classic Gold Cup in November, they ask:

"Check if applicable: ( ) Epileptic ( ) Asthmatic ( ) Diabetic ( ) Contacts ( ) Lunatic"

I thought that was some sort of joke, but now I have a greater appreciation of why they asked for that information on the last category. They must know something about racing and wives.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:38 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
I've been in contact with MOHUD SCCA about running the MGA with them in October. They must want an instructor in every car regardless of track experience. After a series of e-mails, they decided that the "Petty Bar" (if that is what it is called) did not provide enough space for an instructor and declined my participation in that car.

I'm rather depressed. I've lost 5 days of racing because of event cancellations and an additional 9 days because Nancy had other, more important plans. I don't know why posting the race dates on her calendar was so important to her last March, since she completely ignored them anyway! AARGH!

Sorry that MOHUD responded that way. I dont see why they rejected your car based on not having seen it and you have the Skip Barber credentials as well.

Check out this link. PCA has an event at Lime Rock Park in October. It would not hurt to try with them as well
http://www.cvrpca.org/

Here is a list of all events at Lime Rock Park through November
http://www.limerock.com/index.php?op...d=61&Itemid=74

If in Buenos Aires, make sure you plan a visit to the Juan Manuel Fangio Museum. There is also a statue erected in his memory in Buenos Aires that you can see

Old 08-18-2011, 06:40 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

What about the Sept 22nd CART event at Lime Rock? Are you not doing that?
Old 08-18-2011, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by aashish2
What about the Sept 22nd CART event at Lime Rock? Are you not doing that?
No, Nancy scheduled her eye surgery for that day yesterday knowing full well that C.A.R.T. was on the schedule. I don't know why it was so important to have the surgery on that date, and not the week before or the week after. That's why I'm depressed and thinking I might as well sell the car. No sense owning it if I can't use it.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:24 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
That's why I'm depressed and thinking I might as well sell the car. No sense owning it if I can't use it.

If selling the car will make you happy then you must do it. I doubt it will. You got in a season that most can only dream of. You ran the MG A in several events as well as Skip Barber and then the S2000 with SCDA. If it is the end of the season, might as well enjoy the post-season activities and plan with vengeance for 2012.

We often tie ourselves up to objects we own, and groups we belong to and take happiness and despair from such associations. Attachment is the cause of all grief. From where I'm standing you had a splendid season on track

You have nothing to be depressed about. May I also suggest that coming to the Tri-State Drive will be a good cure for the track time blues
Old 08-18-2011, 08:44 AM

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

If you're starting to plan for next year, be sure to include SCDA at WGI around the end of April!

That goes for you too Aashish!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:51 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

^ aye, aye Cap'n
Old 08-22-2011, 07:12 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Jeff - not sure if this will be of any use to you. I got this e-mail from track time photos.

Breaking News!

Event #1303
September 3 – 4, 2011
Pocono Raceway

Pocono Raceway is removing the NASCAR safer barriers on the South Course and this means that we will be able to run the DOUBLE INFIELD Long Course on the Sept 3-4 weekend. We missed out on this course for the PDA/NASA Grand Slam event in July so don't miss out now - Register Today!! The event is open to all drivers at all skill levels as well as Time Trialers and Racers. Go to www.nasane.com to register.

Registration is also open for LimeRock on FRI/SAT Sept 23-24. This is an HPDE only event with TT drivers on SAT. No HPDE1 drivers - just experienced HPDE2 and HPDE3 combined, and HPDE4. We will run two groups each getting two hours track time per day. THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO END OUR SEASON AT LIME ROCK!

Go to www.nasane.com to register.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:01 AM

Thanks Aashish,

Nancy has prohibited labor day weekend. I was all set to race at Lime Rock but the bans on racing that weekend were announced long ago.

My daughter Susan and her family are coming to Camp 6 that weekend anyway.

Jeff

Quick Reply: MG On Track! BlueOsprey, Season 2